User Tag List

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Results 307 to 323 of 655
  1. #307
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Malacca, M'sia
    Posts
    3,050
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it helps improve the image of the sport like tennis...instead of being a boring dull sport...it can become a trendy sport....at least we're still better than table tennis at fashion....the clothes the girls wear...yuck...and then they have to stick some sort of number to their shirts...

  2. #308
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cheras
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevoWithin View Post
    appearence would in help the badminton sport in some way ...
    althought performance is crucial too
    That's true, but performance still comes first.

  3. #309
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Malacca, M'sia
    Posts
    3,050
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    performance is important....but if they want to make a better living out of their performances then a better image of the sport will do just that for them.....nothing to argue about.....this is what the badminton community is trying to improve....

  4. #310
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,945
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mew choo...get well soon

    Badminton: Mew Choo is determined to get back to full fitness

    By LIM TEIK HUAT

    KUALA LUMPUR: Shuttler Wong Mew Choo is going through a most difficult period of her badminton career as recurrent injuries continue to haunt her.
    But the national number one does not intend to throw in the towel and will work on regaining full fitness. Mew Choo will skip the National Grand Prix Finals in Alor Star next week to allow her injuries to heal.
    Mew Choo is not only carrying knee injuries but also has pain in her heels.
    “I intend to resume stem cell injection treatment on my knees. I stopped doing it because of my preparation for the Beijing Olympics as I needed to undergo intensive training,” she said yesterday.
    Mew Choo: "I will continue playing unless I am told I can no longer carry on".
    “But now that the season is ending and I did not qualify for the Super Series Masters Finals, I want to use this period to undergo treatment. It’s better for me to skip the National Grand Prix Finals as well.”
    The 25-year-old has struggled to regain her form since making the country proud with her breakthrough win in the China Open last year.
    If Mew Choo were to start the stem cell treatment, she will need to go for inoculations on a frequency depending on her recovery rate.
    Mew Choo has suffered a string of early round exits in Super Series tournaments and only had semi-final appearances in the Malaysia and Singapore Opens to show for this year.
    “I am frustrated with my results and at times, I also doubt myself. How can I be dishing out rubbish like these? I felt sorry for the people who have placed hopes in me,” she said.
    “Although I reached the last eight in the Olympics (last August), I felt empty inside because I did not achieve my target to win a medal. Injuries prevented me from playing to my full ability in the Beijing Games.”
    Mew Choo appreciates the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) concern over her plight.
    “They want to help adjust my training programme to make it easier on me. It’s good as my current problem is how to recover my fitness,” she said.
    “Because of my injuries, I am missing my touch and stumbling in footwork. It does not help that I have to go for back-to-back tournaments to defend my world rankings.
    “And when I am injured, it’s a tall order for me to cope. Sometimes, it hurts until I have to stop training.
    “But as long as there are options for me to get myself fit again, I will continue playing unless I am told I can no longer carry on.”
    Mew Choo is currently ranked 10th in the world and she missed out on the Super Series Masters Finals in Kota Kinabalu from Dec 18-21 by just one rung — finishing the season in ninth place.

  5. #311
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    poor Mew Choo...
    she should end her 2008 calendar now
    and take a good rest so that her injuries
    will recover fully
    hope she can win at least one SS title next year

  6. #312
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Wmc!

    It pains me when WMC is ousted in tournaments due to her injuries. She has the skills and ability to shine but injuries just havent been kind to her. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that she recovers soon and re-rock the badminton world!!!

    <3 always, WMC!!

  7. #313
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ampang
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    since the withdrewal of the china players , WMC qualify for the super series masters finals at KK , so will WMC go for d tournament ? coz she has her knee injuries...hmmm

  8. #314
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    1,212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Misi berbeza buat Mew Choo




    Wong Mew Choo

    'Kejohanan ini bagus kerana ia membolehkan saya tahu tahap kemampuan'

    DI sebalik hakikat kini bukan dalam keadaan fizikal terbaik, Wong Mew Choo masih ada misi mahu ditunaikan selepas sah beraksi pada pusingan akhir badminton Masters Siri Super Dunia di Kota Kinabalu, bermula Khamis ini.

    Pemain wanita utama negara itu mahu menilai tahap kemampuan terkininya supaya proses pemulihan mampu dirangka selepas tempatnya terjamin ekoran penarikan diri kontinjen China daripada saingan penutup tirai itu.

    “Memang saya akui, ketika ini keadaan fizikal tidak pada tahap terbaik. Malah ketika latihan, ada terasa sakit di lutut saya.

    “Tetapi kejohanan ini bagus kerana ia membolehkan saya tahu di mana tahap kemampuan saya ketika ini sebelum memulakan proses rawatan untuk kecederaan lutut. Saya tidak akan memaksa diri dan tambah memburukkan kecederaan,” katanya.

    Mew Choo sebelumnya berada dalam senarai pemain simpanan untuk kejohanan menghimpunkan lapan pemain dengan jumlah mata terbanyak daripada Siri Super tahun ini.



    Tetapi China kemudiannya memutuskan untuk menarik penyertaan semua pemain negara itu atas alasan keletihan dan mahu mengelak kecederaan serta adanya kem latihan nasional.

    Turut beruntung ekoran penarikan diri itu ialah beregu campuran negara, Lim Khim Wah-Wong Pei Tty, yang disahkan penyertaannya di Kota Kinabalu.




    Pei Tty

    Tuah jelas milik Khim Wah-Pei Tty kerana mereka adalah ‘pengganti kepada pengganti’ selepas satu lagi beregu campuran negara, Tan Wee Kiong-Woon Khe Wei tidak dapat turut serta.

    Wee Kiong-Khe Wei asalnya dalam senarai simpanan untuk ke Kota Kinabalu, tetapi selepas tempat mereka disahkan, pasangan itu tidak mendapat pelepasan daripada kontinjen negara untuk Sukan Universiti Asean (AUG) yang sedang berlangsung.
    “Kami sudah cuba dapatkan mereka tetapi Masum (Majlis Sukan Universiti Malaysia) enggan melepaskan mereka kerana mahu mereka beraksi dalam Sukan Antara Universiti yang sedang berlangsung,” kata Pengurus Besar Persatuan Badminton Malaysia, Kenny Goh.

    Masters Akhir Siri Super Dunia itu adalah untuk lapan pemain dan beregu teratas dalam senarai pungutan mata selepas 12 kejohanan Siri Super Dunia yang dilangsungkan tahun ini.

  9. #315
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    1,212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so i think wmc is going to compete despite her injury.as usual she is a fighter.just pray she x aggravate her injury

  10. #316
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    688
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    which U are tan wee kiong and woon khe wei representing?

  11. #317
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well...i think someone should translate this into english...if nmot...it will be remove by mod...thanks...

  12. #318
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    well...i think someone should translate this into english...if nmot...it will be remove by mod...thanks...
    I agree with you limsy.

    I do not
    understand it.

  13. #319
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    1,212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheeyf View Post
    Misi berbeza buat Mew Choo




    Wong Mew Choo

    'Kejohanan ini bagus kerana ia membolehkan saya tahu tahap kemampuan'

    DI sebalik hakikat kini bukan dalam keadaan fizikal terbaik, Wong Mew Choo masih ada misi mahu ditunaikan selepas sah beraksi pada pusingan akhir badminton Masters Siri Super Dunia di Kota Kinabalu, bermula Khamis ini.

    Pemain wanita utama negara itu mahu menilai tahap kemampuan terkininya supaya proses pemulihan mampu dirangka selepas tempatnya terjamin ekoran penarikan diri kontinjen China daripada saingan penutup tirai itu.

    Memang saya akui, ketika ini keadaan fizikal tidak pada tahap terbaik. Malah ketika latihan, ada terasa sakit di lutut saya.

    Tetapi kejohanan ini bagus kerana ia membolehkan saya tahu di mana tahap kemampuan saya ketika ini sebelum memulakan proses rawatan untuk kecederaan lutut. Saya tidak akan memaksa diri dan tambah memburukkan kecederaan, katanya.

    Mew Choo sebelumnya berada dalam senarai pemain simpanan untuk kejohanan menghimpunkan lapan pemain dengan jumlah mata terbanyak daripada Siri Super tahun ini.



    Tetapi China kemudiannya memutuskan untuk menarik penyertaan semua pemain negara itu atas alasan keletihan dan mahu mengelak kecederaan serta adanya kem latihan nasional.

    Turut beruntung ekoran penarikan diri itu ialah beregu campuran negara, Lim Khim Wah-Wong Pei Tty, yang disahkan penyertaannya di Kota Kinabalu.




    Pei Tty

    Tuah jelas milik Khim Wah-Pei Tty kerana mereka adalah pengganti kepada pengganti selepas satu lagi beregu campuran negara, Tan Wee Kiong-Woon Khe Wei tidak dapat turut serta.

    Wee Kiong-Khe Wei asalnya dalam senarai simpanan untuk ke Kota Kinabalu, tetapi selepas tempat mereka disahkan, pasangan itu tidak mendapat pelepasan daripada kontinjen negara untuk Sukan Universiti Asean (AUG) yang sedang berlangsung.
    Kami sudah cuba dapatkan mereka tetapi Masum (Majlis Sukan Universiti Malaysia) enggan melepaskan mereka kerana mahu mereka beraksi dalam Sukan Antara Universiti yang sedang berlangsung, kata Pengurus Besar Persatuan Badminton Malaysia, Kenny Goh.

    Masters Akhir Siri Super Dunia itu adalah untuk lapan pemain dan beregu teratas dalam senarai pungutan mata selepas 12 kejohanan Siri Super Dunia yang dilangsungkan tahun ini.


    ok,i will translate then. just a summary though:

    WMC say that the finals is good cos she can see how is her performnace and standard against other players. this can help her to plan for her recovery training. she admits that she is not at her physical best and even feels the pain on her knee in training. she will not force herself in the tourney to prevent aggravating her injury.

    she has the chance to play in SS finals due to china's withdrawal. pei tty-kim wah also benefitted from the withdrawal as they will be playing in the mixed doubles after WKW/TWK decline to play as they are now playing in the ASEAN Uni games.

  14. #320
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ampang
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Visit Wong Mew Choo's Fan Blog , http://mewchoowong.blogspot.com

  15. #321
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    leaving your #1 WS out of the squadROFLMAO.
    Yet, old Yeller Zhang ning was a poor performer prior to early 2008 but she as ASKED to play for at the beijing OG. LOL

    Furthermore: acknowledged mistake and then later make excuse that it's not an oversight....WTH

    can the gov't claw back the datuk title if blunder is made??? LOL
    ---------------------------------------

    Saturday January 24, 2009
    Ismail admits to blunder in naming badminton squad
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: The Youth and Sports Minister has admitted to blundering when naming the squads for the 2012 London Olympic Games — especially for the badminton team — on Thursday.

    Just 24 hours after leaving out top women’s singles shuttler Wong Mew Choo from the cast for the Road to London programme, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said yesterday that the 26-year-old injury-prone player was back on the list.

    “It was a mistake. She may be injured now. But we hope she will get back on her feet. Her world ranking is still high and she is still considered one of the potentials for the London Games,” said Ismail.


    He made the U-turn during a press conference after inspecting a new hostel for the shuttlers at the Rakan Muda Complex, which is adjacent to the national training centre in Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara yesterday.

    Mew Choo is ranked 12th in the world, just four rungs ahead of rising star Julia Wong.

    If Mew Choo, who is down with knee and elbow injuries, does not get back to action soon, Julia, who is breathing down her neck, is expected to overtake the Malaysian Open runner-up this year.

    National Sports Council (NSC) director general Datuk Zolkples Embong, who also confirmed that Mew Choo’s name was not in the initial list, said they did not want to put undue pressure on the shuttler by adding her name in the first place.

    Besides Mew Choo, the others in the badminton squad are Lee Chong Wei (world No. 1), Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif-Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari (No. 4), Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong (No. 5) and Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty (who dropped from the top to No. 2 in the latest rankings list on Thursday).

    Except for Kien Keat-Boon Heong, the others will be about 30 when the Olympics are held.

    To complicate matters, the BAM’s coaching and training committee have yet to meet to finalise their squad although BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, who was at yesterday’s press conference, said that a decision had been made.

    Questions were also raised on the early announcement of the badminton squad for the London Games.

    Ismail defended the move, saying it was not an oversight although most of the shuttlers would have reached their prime by then.

    “We are led to believe that these players will be in good condition until the next Games . We did not name any future potential players because there is a big gap in standard between these youngsters and the current top players,” said Ismail.

    “But we are not closing the door on them. The government’s focus will also be on the back-up players. And, if at any time, these players show promise, we will include them in the Olympic programme. For now, their inclusion cannot be justified.”

    Meanwhile, the badminton players will have to wait for at least two more years for a new centre of excellence in Taman Maluri to be ready.

    The centre was given as a reward by the government following badminton’s feat in winning a silver medal through Chong Wei at the Beijing Olympics last August.

    “It will take at least two more years for this new excellence centre to be ready,” said Ismail.

    “We have decided to house the players at the Rakan Muda Complex near Stadium Juara so that they will be no delay in the preparation of the squad towards the London Games.”

    The shuttlers from Bukit Jalil are expected to move to the Rakan Muda Complex when upgrading work is completed in March.

    Holding court: Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaacob (left) visiting the badminton hall at Stadium Juara at Bukit Kiara Friday. — KAMARUL ARIFFIN / The Star
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cooler; 01-23-2009 at 11:40 PM.

  16. #322
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    This smacks of heavily-weighted pessimism.

    We're only just into 2009... and much more than 3 years away from the 2012 Olympics.

    Is it that Malaysia doesn't believe that, in the next 40+ months, it can identify, groom and send a new prospect to the London Games?

  17. #323
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    This smacks of heavily-weighted pessimism.

    We're only just into 2009... and much more than 3 years away from the 2012 Olympics.

    Is it that Malaysia doesn't believe that, in the next 40+ months, it can identify, groom and send a new prospect to the London Games?
    i don't what they believe or not believe in. First WMC is out, then she's in.

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. what happened to Wong Mew Choo?
    By Foreverlove in forum Sudirman Cup 2009
    Replies: 10
    : 05-18-2009, 02:44 AM
  2. wong mew choo pics
    By **KZ** in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 32
    : 12-28-2008, 11:21 PM
  3. Wong Mew Choo Vs Lu Lan
    By mugenh22a in forum Olympics BEIJING 2008
    Replies: 45
    : 08-13-2008, 08:45 AM
  4. wong mew choo..great work
    By evantz13 in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007
    Replies: 13
    : 01-20-2007, 04:38 AM
  5. Lee Chong Wei n Wong Mew Choo's pics...
    By luvCW in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 22
    : 04-27-2006, 09:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •