User Tag List

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Is it that Malaysia doesn't believe that, in the next 40+ months, it can identify, groom and send a new prospect to the London Games?
    sigh...we will surely have new face in 2012 og...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    yes, and they will add some few names that they think will have prospect in the london games though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hey, even canada (Anna Rice) 'can do it' in the last OG, why not MAS LOLOL
    Last edited by cooler; 01-24-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't really makes sense imo. Badminton is not a team sport that will benefit from having the team members practice together all the time to improve cohesion and performance....
    I don't see the benefit starting the OG 2012 team now, or right after the announcement of players qualified to go there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    hey, even canada (Anna Rice) 'can do it' in the last OG, why not MAS LOLOL
    can do what?
    by bowing out and being cooked as a fried rice in the
    Women's Singles Round of 16 by lu lan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    can do what?
    by bowing out and being cooked as a fried rice in the
    Women's Singles Round of 16 by lu lan?
    my message was, even we are noobs in pro badminton, we don't can our #1 WS from our national team. Anna could play for CAN in london 2012 if she want to or qualify to.

what so funny? WMC was fried by lu lan at the 08 OG too, WITH THE SAME 1ST GAME SCORE AS ANNA RICE, LOST TO LU LAN 7-21.
    Last edited by cooler; 01-25-2009 at 04:14 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my message was, even we are noobs in pro badminton, we don't can our #1 WS from our national team. Anna could play for CAN in london 2012 if she want to or qualify to.

what so funny? WMC was fried by lu lan at the 08 OG too, WITH THE SAME 1ST GAME SCORE AS ANNA RICE, LOST TO LU LAN 7-21.
    u must know,, the hopes, the expectation and the pressures of the malaysia badminton team are pretty high

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    u must know,, the hopes, the expectation and the pressures of the malaysia badminton team are pretty high
    if u guys know those are the parameters holding back MAS performance, then why do u guys keep saying lcw, kkk/tbh will win this or that? So are xball et al a MAS fan or a traitor?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u guys know those are the parameters holding back MAS performance, then why do u guys keep saying lcw, kkk/tbh will win this or that? So are xball et al a MAS fan or a traitor?
    thats the expectation i say that most mas fans will be hoping them to win tournaments and the players get tonnes of pressure of course too

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This smacks of heavily-weighted pessimism.

We're only just into 2009... and much more than 3 years away from the 2012 Olympics.

Is it that Malaysia doesn't believe that, in the next 40+ months, it can identify, groom and send a new prospect to the London Games?
    <yawn>. The list is only initial - of course the list will change, no need to kan cheong.
    And for those who did not understand why they started "so early" - there were actually criticism that Msia started 'late' as other countries had already started their programmes for OG 2012 right after Beijing OG was completed. This criticism includes badminton, went on for some time after OG.

Basically the 3 sports getting priority are badminton, track cycling, archery.
    I think in order to streamline the thing, names are listed for the 3 sports as cycling & archery have identified specifically those geared for 2012 along with a 3 to 4 year programme plan .

Those identified as in the OG 2012 programme, get priority in tournaments, their sports get more budget compared to others, etc,etc. THey also get a full support in physio, sports psychologist, whatever else.

Those listed under badminton are currently all elit players - not that they are elitist or arrogant but that's what they call the seniors.

It should be clear then what I'm trying to imply

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    <yawn>. The list is only initial - of course the list will change, no need to kan cheong.

And for those who did not understand why they started "so early" - there were actually criticism that Msia started 'late' as other countries had already started their programmes for OG 2012 right after Beijing OG was completed. This criticism includes badminton, went on for some time after OG.

Basically the 3 sports getting priority are badminton, track cycling, archery.
    I think in order to streamline the thing, names are listed for the 3 sports as cycling & archery have identified specifically those geared for 2012 along with a 3 to 4 year programme plan .

Those identified as in the OG 2012 programme, get priority in tournaments, their sports get more budget compared to others, etc,etc. THey also get a full support in physio, sports psychologist, whatever else.

Those listed under badminton are currently all elit players - not that they are elitist or arrogant but that's what they call the seniors.

It should be clear then what I'm trying to imply
    To say the least, this is bizarre!

If (as you yawningly declare) the list will change, what purpose is served by devoting precious resources now and over the next three years to those on the list? And, hold on, what purpose is served by listing anyone at all???

This is akin to deciding a menu, listing the courses, buying the ingredients, renting an expensive kitchen and chefs, setting the tables and preparing the dishes while declaring 'oh, we will change the menu later'

And when will that be?
    Just before everyone sits down to dinner?

Deja vu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think d list is js to identify the potiental 2012 olympian n oso to prepare them 4 tat. start early is better than late.hehe. i oso agree w d list.hope d players r still strong in 2012. dont 4get, zhang ning still win gold at age 33. haha. for xd maybe kkk/nhl or wpt/lkw or woon/razif.haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To say the least, this is bizarre!

If (as you yawningly declare) the list will change, what purpose is served by devoting precious resources now and over the next three years to those on the list? And, hold on, what purpose is served by listing anyone at all???

Deja vu
    Then obviously, you did not catch what I was implying, which is quite obvious for those who have been following the issue closely, which explains why the non Msians in this thread have found the article weird.

The 3 identified sports, get priority in funding,etc, that's what i mean "those in 2012 prog". Even more direct, budget is given to the associations, the associations/coaches implement the prog they have devised.
    I think, the elit players get those perks anyway, cycling & archery named the same sportsppl who went to Beijing. The support services benefits the whole baddy team.
    Basically nothing much changes for the players, elit, elit back up & back up baddy players get priviledges befitting their status.

Remember I pointed out there were criticism why Msia is so slow already ? Other countries have a 10 yr plan kinda thing. WOuldnt they have to identify who & who also?

Look at who made the announcement, a politician whose tenure with Sports MInistry ends in another 4 yrs. Looking at the list, I'm of the impression the 3 associations gave names for purely academic purposes to satisfy the higher ups. Hence, the yawning

As for WMC, if her knees dont heal up, she may have to retire after 2010 Asian Games. Now, I shall go enjoy another mandarin orange, yum.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It will be sad if Malaysia can't identify younger, better prospects for the next Olympic Games.

The current players are already handicapped by stagnant skills. By 2012, they will be handicapped by age as well.

Already, the playing styles are too well-known (and, again, stagnant) to be of any use against potential rivals from China and Indonesia. It could only get worse in another 3 years.

If Lu Lan could hand out a 21-7 drubbing to Wong Mew Choo in 2008, imagine what lies ahead when the Malaysian is no longer in her badminton prime.

In Beijing, Lu Lan was not yet 21.
    In London, Mew Choo will be pushing 30.
    You do the math, miss

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oldhand oh Oldhand, yet again, you still didnt catch it, hehe.

Didnt I say WMC may have to retire in 2010? Didnt I also say that I think the names are purely for academic purpose?

In press reports, I recall Misbun saying Chong Wei Feng, Tan chun Seang are in the 2012 prog. They + Liew Daren were part of the Project 2012 that Rashid Sidek was in charge of. Now, along with Arif Latif, the 4 musketeers have been promoted to elit back up.

So are the WS - Lydia CHeah, Julia Wong. Julia is currently WR#16, seen as the next Msia no 1 WS, taking over from WMC. There're also a few more youngsters like Tee Jing Yi, Lydia's sis Sonia Cheah, Yang Li Lian.

I look at what the coaches say more, not the politician who's overseeing so many different sports.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You are going around in polygons, not just circles.

To put it very simply:

If Mew Choo isn't gonna be around for the 2012 Games, why have her at all on the Olympic programme eating into precious resources?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That I've explained in post 336, 2nd & 4th paragraph and post 338 2nd line. If after I've stated things very directly, you still dont get it, then never mind. It's the 3rd time in recent times, wouldnt be the last.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-25-2009 at 10:50 AM.

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast