some patents about T-joint

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by youngwind, May 18, 2005.

1. youngwind

youngwind Regular Member

student
    1, YY build-in T-joint
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

build-in T-joint is the patent and YY feels so proud of it. it makes people say goodbye to the wood racquets ,and makes it possilble to speed up the match . but nowadays , with the development of the high modulus graphite, in my opinion ,it becomes less useful than before , what's more ,I felt it unwanted for it adds weight. for build-in T-joint makes YY become famous before , it makes YY feels reluctant to abandon this technology.

2,Gosen two-kick point
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it is said to imitate the process of the arms exerting one's strength, and it is also the feature of GOSEN.

3,babolat V-joint

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the V-joint is made of KeVlor , the fibre produced by Dupont USA,(KeVlor is used in bullet-proof vest).

4,victory & MMOA anti-torsion bridge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anti-Torsion-Bridge Real pioneering new devolpment of rackets which last historically long, like the transition of wood to carbon are rare.
    ATB is new, ATB is pioneering and "is obliged" to succeed quickly worldwide because of its physical clearly, visible superiority.
    The ATB bridge stops torsion completely due to basic "mechanical-laws".

Stringing possibilities are now at its utmost. The stiffness finally enables you to hit all balls precisely as a machine.

Strings going through the bridge enhancing the precision and control, but also the trampoline effect and power as well as a so far never really achievd "
    vibrationdamping" in badminton sport. The hit sounds deep and clear.

PS:the pictures of 1-3 are from http://pai.vclub.org , a famous badminton website in China.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    dang, someone patented one of my concept of anti torsion using dual bridging. There is another unique feature about this design too that hasnt been exploited yet:p

the T-joint still has its merit.
    both above method add tiny weight but bridging i think cost a bit more in manufacturing cost. The t-joint can be improved on too.

#2 cooler, May 18, 2005
    Last edited: May 18, 2005
  3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i searched but couldn't find the thread. but once i found online the patent documents Yonex filed in the early 80's for the original t-joint used in the cab20. the racket was released in 1984 and the t-joint i think was patented in 1981. it was a real interesting read and certainly a seminal documentation when it comes to badminton technology.

4. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

http://patents1.ic.gc.ca/details?patent_number=1137132&language=EN
    http://patents1.ic.gc.ca/details?patent_number=1240721&language=EN

The two yonex patents on file viewable as jpg or pdf

5. youngwind

youngwind Regular Member

student
    correct something:
    2 ,the patent of Gosen is "Roots", no "two kick-point" ,
    while the "two kick-point" is used in the shaft ,not is the T-joint.

6. youngwind

youngwind Regular Member

student
    5。Prince Y-joint
    [​IMG]

in Sudiman Cup , Sweden WS player used it , but I think that this racquet is hard to control .

7. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    Something similar, from SOTX, is their 'ti Sheath' technology...

Attached Files:

8. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    forgive me, im very skeptical about the anti-torsion bridge. it should allow the racket to sustain higher tension or take more impact damage, but to me, it looks like some extra weight that is going to make the sweetspot smaller and destroy the feel of the racket striking the birdie. as someone said before about adding a vibration dampener on the stringbed (like tennis), there is no more feel in the stroke

that's just my 2 cents though

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

sweetspot is a subjective thing ;)
    prince badminton racket with y joint has largest sweetspot, how come, for example, their tennis rackets dont do it like their badminton counterpart?
    remember that prince tennis racket is considered high end brand.
    how do u know it destroy the racket feel when u having tried it yet :confused:

#9 cooler, May 21, 2005
    Last edited: May 21, 2005
  10. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    well first of all i have nothing against the prince rackets.. never used one, dont have any opinions on it ;) (except i'll probably never buy one :rolleyes: )
    but the design of the anti-torsion bridge reminds me of another thread that i read before: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13089&highlight=vibration+dampener
    i dont know for sure if there is such an obvious connection, but i see it as something similar to the anti-torsion bridge. :cool:

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

the secondary bridge may or may not dampen vibration, depending how big of holes and gromments the designer want to incorporate along the bridge. Actually, i like more dampening as i dont want vibration. Why do most ppl want dampener on tennis racket and home make dampener on baddy racket?
    why did yonex put foam core on its high end racket ns8000?

ie, dampening isnt anti torsion feature.

12. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    that's what got me thinking ;) as someone said on the thread about vibration dampeners (i think kwun), it takes away the feel
    but then again, everyone likes things differently. who knows? maybe a lot of peole will like the extra dampening :D

something i'm concerned about, how does a smaller stringbead (because of the torsion bridge thing) provide more trampoline effect and power? :confused:

13. youngwind

youngwind Regular Member

student
    [​IMG]
    finded some new design T-joing. lol

SOTX Titanium Series - Great motive force
    Traditional Titanium racquets have the Titanium Mesh placed in the frame or shaft, but it has no true use, just a gimmick. However, SOTX Ti series racquets really have a lump of Titanium in the built-in T-joint that applies Three-stage method for combing racquets' frame and shaft, updated from Two-stage method. The construction greatly improves the racquets' performance, more comfortable, stable and better control ability.

(I am just puzzled that insert such a Ti T-joint will make racquet too heavy )

14. youngwind

youngwind Regular Member

student
    [​IMG]
    an unknown T-joint technology of Wilson N1 . need help to find out the technology of if .

15. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    Unitl you can come up with an economical way to put the head and shaft together without a T Joint this is the best way to do it. Perhaps the Nano Speed raquet will use the new technology to change the use of the T joint but it would be costly.