User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Shuttle cock issue.

    I wonder if anyone know who are the shuttle manufacturer besides the chinese. Whats your opinion about their dominance? Is this healthy? Any robin hood out there? Do you think with RMB being open in the market will make badminton loose out to attract new players? No discrimination or blaming on countries please....

    What's your view?

    rgds.

  2. #2
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe
    I wonder if anyone know who are the shuttle manufacturer besides the chinese. Whats your opinion about their dominance? Is this healthy? Any robin hood out there? Do you think with RMB being open in the market will make badminton loose out to attract new players? No discrimination or blaming on countries please....

    What's your view?

    rgds.

    Probably you can ask which country have more geese and ducks than any other countries. . Coincidently China have more geese and ducks than any other countries in the world.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,661
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Once we are free to shoot and harvest the feather from the lovable wild Canadian geese, Canada will be the major export country of shuttle if you don't mind the shuttle is brown...

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    4,010
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart
    Once we are free to shoot and harvest the feather from the lovable wild Canadian geese, Canada will be the major export country of shuttle if you don't mind the shuttle is brown...
    They get bleached anyway

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,151
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A dealer once told me that he prefer to sell shuttles manufactured in Taiwan rather than China as the quality is much better. Is this true?

    by the way, where are Yonex shuttles produced? Japan/China/Taiwan? Where do the feather come from?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman
    A dealer once told me that he prefer to sell shuttles manufactured in Taiwan rather than China as the quality is much better. Is this true?

    by the way, where are Yonex shuttles produced? Japan/China/Taiwan? Where do the feather come from?

    1. Depend on which grade.
    2. All of them produce shuttles.
    3. From birds

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman
    A dealer once told me that he prefer to sell shuttles manufactured in Taiwan rather than China as the quality is much better. Is this true?
    It may be true last time, but the manufacturing facilities in China are improving daily....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman
    by the way, where are Yonex shuttles produced? Japan/China/Taiwan? Where do the feather come from?
    Depends on which grade you are referring to. Each birdie consists of 16 specifically selected goose feather. Yes, it is goose and not duck feather...

    Thanks.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Toa Payoh
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HKChua
    Depends on which grade you are referring to. Each birdie consists of 16 specifically selected goose feather. Yes, it is goose and not duck feather...

    Thanks.
    Apparently, you don't seem to know about the "Practice" grades shuttles. They do come in duck feathers. They have uneven shape of wing structure of both size(the feathers are not symetrical to each other, therefore they fly slower, thus known as "Practice" grade


  9. #9
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink colour feather.

    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart
    Once we are free to shoot and harvest the feather from the lovable wild Canadian geese, Canada will be the major export country of shuttle if you don't mind the shuttle is brown...
    I also notice black feathers. Wonder which unlucky bird or new species of bird that got shot....

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Richmond, BC; Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *thinks of cargos full of feathers, shipped everywhere from china*
    *drops the thought*
    i can't imagine exporting feathers... my guess would be the feathers from Taiwanese birdies or Japanese birdies come from their own country. correct me if im wrong

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Ant
    *thinks of cargos full of feathers, shipped everywhere from china*
    *drops the thought*
    i can't imagine exporting feathers... my guess would be the feathers from Taiwanese birdies or Japanese birdies come from their own country. correct me if im wrong
    Shuttlecock use goose countour feather. It need clean from goose and cut tothe shape. Since feathers are extremely light weight and dedicate, Even insides of China it use air shipment. from northern parts (producing better feather) to Southern parts of shuttlecock factory.

  12. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default may i suggest indonesia?

    may i suggest indonesia?

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Yonex Shuttle Cock
    By kurumi in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 02-09-2014, 09:50 AM
  2. Chao Pai shuttle cock
    By Minaj in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 0
    : 03-09-2012, 02:47 AM
  3. FS: Selling Protech Silver Shuttle Cock (SGP)
    By angchor in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 10-24-2009, 05:35 AM
  4. shuttle cock problem?
    By khan09 in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 1
    : 08-22-2007, 07:11 PM
  5. Broken Shuttle cock - rule?
    By Simp84 in forum General Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 10-31-2005, 04:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •