User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Where to play in West LA?

Hi all,

I am new to this fourm and new to LA too. Could any one tell me where to play around West LA area? However, I don't really know how I rate as a player, I sure can play, but I am not sure how I rate with the others. This may be difficult to find anyone to play with? Are there anyone out there have this problem and how to solve this?

Tigger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerCarman
    Hi all,

I am new to this fourm and new to LA too. Could any one tell me where to play around West LA area? However, I don't really know how I rate as a player, I sure can play, but I am not sure how I rate with the others. This may be difficult to find anyone to play with? Are there anyone out there have this problem and how to solve this?

Tigger
    Come to Mar Vista Mondays and Wednesday nights in West LA. Cost is $4 but feathered shuttles are free, as many as you can use! Players of all levels there. 7 - 10pm.

PM me if you need more details.

Mar Vista Rec Center
    11430 Woodbine Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90066

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you dont' mind traveling a bit, there's also SGVBC
    lots of nice courts and if you go during the morning or afternoon, you'll get plenty of playing time
    best part: it's open 24/7 i think... but you need a membership to turn on the lights
    of course if there are members playing, they usually don't mind turnin on the lights for you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to this website...there are a bunch of places to play, check out the Westside section..SMC is a good deal, as it runs 8 hrs. on Sunday..
    http://www.scbabadminton.org/

Hi all,

Tigger

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do Not try UCLA, the Wooden center charge you a ton and not a lot of playing time if you are not a student...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thank you very much for all of your reply.

Hi,

I guess I will try the one at Mar Vista, Because this is like just a mile away from where I work, and I can go and have a look on Monday or this Wednesday. I hope to see you all there. Thanks...

Tigger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I guess I will try the one at Mar Vista, Because this is like just a mile away from where I work, and I can go and have a look on Monday or this Wednesday. I hope to see you all there. Thanks...

Tigger
    If you go to mar vista, i would come around 7:30pm b/c that would be when the 1st round games are ending and you can probably get on the court right away. They are closed on May 30th for Memorial day. But they are open this week and on June 1st regular hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How about the South Bay?

Hi, guys. I'm new to this thing too and was curious if any of you know of any other places to play in the South Bay besides MBCC. I would like to play for fun only, I'm just a beginner. I live in Carson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cerritos H.S.

You can play at Cerritos H.S.
    Gym opens Tuesday & Thursday 7-9pm, Saturday 9am-2pm, Sunday 5-9pm.
    Cross street is Bloomfield and 183rd street. FREE.

Also, Cal State Long Beach is open on Monday and Tuesdays from 7-10pm. $3.25 for parking and $2.00 entry fee.

Hope to see you there.

Ask for Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 10ftdoll
    Hi, guys. I'm new to this thing too and was curious if any of you know of any other places to play in the South Bay besides MBCC. I would like to play for fun only, I'm just a beginner. I live in Carson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up I am there finally.

Finally, I am there at Mar Vista last night. I get off work a bit late and so I arrive like 8:30. I talked to Joe and I saw some badminton game in action. Now, I am looking forward to next Monday and I can go and play. Thanks for everyone that who tell me about this great place to play.

Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally, I am there at Mar Vista last night. I get off work a bit late and so I arrive like 8:30. I talked to Joe and I saw some badminton game in action. Now, I am looking forward to next Monday and I can go and play. Thanks for everyone that who tell me about this great place to play.

Thank you
    TiggerCarman,

I think i saw you there. We were playing on the 1st court when you got there. I was the chinese guy with the chinese partner. I have a shaved head Hope to see you Monday. Its a lot of fun and a very relaxed atmosphere at Mar Vista.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by wickeddrop
    TiggerCarman,

I think i saw you there. We were playing on the 1st court when you got there. I was the chinese guy with the chinese partner. I have a shaved head Hope to see you Monday. Its a lot of fun and a very relaxed atmosphere at Mar Vista.
    Oh hi, you guys play well, I don't think I am up to this standard at all. I haven't been playing for about 3 years. As you could see from my size, I am a little bit slow. But anyway, I am looking forward to next Monday and have a game. By the way, I am new to LA and also new to US too. I was originally from Hong Kong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh hi, you guys play well, I don't think I am up to this standard at all. I haven't been playing for about 3 years. As you could see from my size, I am a little bit slow. But anyway, I am looking forward to next Monday and have a game. By the way, I am new to LA and also new to US too. I was originally from Hong Kong.
    Its ok....thats why we are all friendly there, come by and play consistently and you will get back to playing shape in no time. Dont worry, everyone is very friendly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    Go to this website...there are a bunch of places to play, check out the Westside section..SMC is a good deal, as it runs 8 hrs. on Sunday..
    http://www.scbabadminton.org/

I'm going to have to check out SMC on Sunday, that sounds nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by S4MadMan
    I'm going to have to check out SMC on Sunday, that sounds nice.
    After you have checked out the SMC, tell us about it. Too bad, I am over in SF during weekend. Otherwise I want to go and check it out too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has been long since last post! Well *Bump*

Anyhow, I haven't played for quite a while and something got to me that make me want to pick up the racket again. Joints are getting really rusty and the racket is getting dusty. I thought it'd be a nice idea to find a new place to play since the place I used to play was probably the reason that had me lose my interest. The "club scene" just gets old and boring.

Okay, now to the point. What's the level of players at Mar Vista College? (Let's use So. Cal unofficial standard)? I really would like to meet more people and start playing again, but as a shy person, going to a new place to break into a crowd seems like a scary idea!

So if you play at Mar Vista and wouldn't mind showing me how things are done there, please reply or send a private message. Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viper2005
    You can play at Cerritos H.S.
    Gym opens Tuesday & Thursday 7-9pm, Saturday 9am-2pm, Sunday 5-9pm.
    Cross street is Bloomfield and 183rd street. FREE.

Also, Cal State Long Beach is open on Monday and Tuesdays from 7-10pm. $3.25 for parking and $2.00 entry fee.

Hope to see you there.

Ask for Paul

Is there a contact person/ph number for these two places?

Thanx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast