Badminton RULE question.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by David, Nov 17, 2001.

1. David

David Guest

I remember printing out a 50 page rule book for badminton a few years ago. I recall reading in it that if the shuttle is in play, and it is returned to the opposite side by hitting the raquet's frame, it is a fault. This seems kind of strange to me. Does anybody else know about this rule? Or is it just a figment of my imagination? I tried looking it up in current Rule books, but they all seem to be exactly the same, and I can't find the same copy that I printed out.

Thanks for anybody's insight on my question.

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    That is not a fault. Hitting the frame -- or any other part of the racquet for that matter -- is allowed.

3. Erik

Erik Guest

Yes I do know about this rule. However I am afraid we are
    talking sixties or early seveties of the last century at the
    latest. During the days that Badminton was a "clean game", only
    full clean string/cork touch was legal. This means no frame no feathers, nothing. The modernisation of the game, the evelopoment of a greater variaty of strokes and the introduction of other than wooden frames. a gradually did away with all that. So by today's standards, Mag is wright.

Erik

4. David

David Guest

Ok, cool, thanks. That explains everything, I thought I was going crazy, but I guess I did read that somewhere. haha. Ya, Mag's up to date. I'm still running in the 60s. Well, I do play with a wooden raquet still. They're really good. Tempered steel shaft is the best. Haha, just jokin with ya. Titanium compsite all the way!!!!!!!!