Fake Racket vs Original Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by afham07, May 23, 2005.

1. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys ..

as i know, nowadays, a lot of fake racket esspecial Yonex. But, whats are differences between ori and fake racket? Can u feel it is fake racket if the owner wouldnt tell u about it?

For Yonex AT800, original one will cost me RM800++ but fake one i can get it less than RM200.

is it a good deal if buy fake racket?

**RM3.80 = USD1

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Fake racket has no warranty and generally, they may break faster. Some of them break in 1 day, and if you buy that, it would be a waste of your money.

Not to mention their weight/balance/performance are totally off from the original. A fake 2U racket could weight less than a 4U racket.

3. KourKK

KourKK Regular Member

Truthfully, buy a real racket, its more economical (quality vs cost) than a fake, but dont buy it in malaysia. I bout my 800 OF (4U/G4) (String/Grip/Bag) in singapore for 285 sing, which by todays currency conversion rates, is 675 RM, so its cheaper across the causeway.

4. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    I broke so many fake :(

And most of them werent mine...

5. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    In the past 3 weeks, there's been one report, that may, or may not be due to fakes, but highly suspected of it. The racket broke at the shaft area, in mid stroke and the broken off racket struck a player in the eye. This player succumbed to his/her injury and died.

In the past 2 weeks, there's another report where the fake racket broke at the shaft and the broken piece flew across the court. The player on the receiving end ducked before the racket could struck him in the head.

Think the thread is called "Killed In Action" if I recall correctly.

-dave

6. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    fake yonex rackets dont have a t-joint

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Why bother with fake. CLONEs of the same model are cheaper and made close to the real if you don't have the money for a real YY. Many clone makers are/were OEM maker for YY or other major brands. They are good enough for many beginners. I assume if a player have been playing for 5 years or more, he/she could have save up more than $100 for a real YY in a auth. dealer.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Fake sellers use the similar or identical color scheme to trick the buyer. The racket itself, they don't care. If they care, they actually care to get it as cheap as possible, which mean bad in quality, in order to save up cost.

So, many fakes could not take high tension, and breaks easily. A real racket might cost US$150, but u can use for years. A fake might be only US$30, but u can break it in 2 days, and no where to claim warranty. ;)

9. other

other Regular Member

Student
    The original is made properly by YONEX, the fake one is some RANDOM (read very very cheap and poor quality usually) racquet that has been PAINTED the same as the yonex racquet it is copying. Just because it looks the same, it doesn't mean that it will feel and play the same. And it probably wont seeing yonex, gosen, carlton and co have been busy designing new models with different technologies and design techniques. The fake makers just make a cheap thing that looks like a badminton racquet and paint YONEX on it.

Fake Rolex...do you think that will be as good and long lasting as a real Rolex?

You can buy fake jewellery for less than real jewellery. Why would you buy fake jewellery? to look like u have the real thing. why do you want a fake racquet that doesn't actually play like the real one, and is probably going to break? becuase you want to look like you have the real racquet.

good deal to show off to uninformed people that you have the "real" expensive racquet, good deal to maybe injure people due to snapping shafts and breaking frames, good deal to "look cool"....

otherwise its a waste of money:)

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I totally agree with OTHER. I think the 2 main reason for a person to buy a fake racquet is

1. Has no money to buy a real good one to show off while he can not play.
    2. Loss a match 15-0 15-1 and the excuse is. "Damn, I should not use a fake racquet..."

A maybe reason. You want to kill a badminton player and make it look like an accident. Break a fake racquet during a smash and stab the person in the heart with a follow through. Let's see how LAPD solve this one.
    :D

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yes, fakes actually cost more than a real one.
    u risk health and performance buying fakes.
    U only match the look part from fakes, like in jewellery, fake purse and fake shirt which is ok. However, would u buy fake medicine, car parts?

#11 cooler, May 23, 2005
    Last edited: May 23, 2005
  12. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    alot of comments i have here .. all are negative about fake racket .. but .. from my eyes, i saw the best player in my place using fake Yonex 800OF.Fyi, he is ex-state player. His smash and backhand damn fast. But that racket do not brake at all. I asked him, "do u know how to know that racket is fake and another is ori?". He answered, "Not. Nowadays, we cant know which one is fake. FYI, im also using fake Yonex 800OF which is cost me RM170 last time. If ori, it should be more than RM800". That y im thinking to get fake AT800OF which is cost me around RM170 only. Haha.!!

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Like I metioned before, there's no quality control for fake rackets. If you are lucky, u will end up with a useable racket. However, very possible, u will end up something has no playability or break very easily. Never to metion those scary dangerous situation which put urself and others in danger.

The worst part is, once bad things happen, u not only lose ur $$$, and there's no one can take the responsibility.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u dun understand, 'fake' is not a brand. Your fake isn't the same version or quality as other fakes bought and used by others. U might bought a fake made by a clone maker. Unless u get another one from the same source, we dont know what will we get, a good one or a bad one from a mom and pop shop. Whether ur fake is quality or not, it wont play like a real 800OF, period. If the word yonex or armortec800 OF on the racket make u feel good, then u r only fooling yourself. RM170?? u r paying too much for matching the paint job LOL. Meanwhile, u might be subject other players to danger with your fakes because no way u know the quality underneath the paint job.

#14 cooler, May 23, 2005
    Last edited: May 23, 2005
  15. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    my coach told me about the incident. i was wondering if there was already a thread about it here on BC. i guess i'll have to do a search =/
    its very unfortunate for something like that to happen.. but what i heard was that it was one of those aluminum rackets provided by the community center? :confused:

16. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23645&highlight=killed+action

Thanks.

17. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I think it's a waste of time for you to seek approval from the rest of us in regards to fake racquets. That ex-state player you know is good because of his skills, not his racquet. I am sure he can hit just as hard, if not harder, had he been using a real YY racquet. On the other hand, a newbie with a fake YY "top of the line" racquet is still a newbie. Like others said before, if you can't afford a genuine YY, why not get other brands which do stand behind their names and quality? They are cheaper but still have acceptable quality in their products. Do you really need a "top of the line" racquet to practice:rolleyes:?

This is the last time I am gonna be posting in a fake racquet related thread. It's really pointless to convince someone who couldn't see beyond his own selfish concern.

I also suggest that all other forum members refrain from posting in these kinda threads since the person asking the question wasn't really interested in taking advice... making it a waste of time for everybody. The person is gonna buy that crap anyway, so why bother? If it's for public knowledge, I am sure the stickies as well as other more prominent threads would have informed the public already.

18. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    I think I fully agree with your viewpoint.

Thanks.

19. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    cappy, let's cool down a bit. :D

Now, afham07,

Members are taking the trouble to answer you and you don't seem to take them seriously. If I was the one offering you advice on fakes I'd be annoyed that my advice hasn't been taken into consideration.

Why we discourage fakes is plain and simple. The quality of the fakes are ****. Plain and simple. Like bluejeff said a supposed 2U racquet could be lighter than 4U. FAKES ARE MADE OF CHEAPER MATERIALS. DEAL WITH IT. UNLIKE YONEX THEY DON'T GIVE A HOOT ABOUT WHETHER IT BREAKS OR NOT. AS LONG AS YOU ARE PUTTING MONEY INTO THEIR HANDS THEY ARE GOING TO CONTINUE TO GIVE YOU CHEAP AND UNRELIABLE PRODUCTS.

You get what you pay for. If you want to risk a fake breaking and injuring potentially you and your opponents then do so.

A fake is never a good deal. Remember the reports of FAKE MOBILE PHONE BATTERIES blowing up in the pockets of their users? Do you want something similar to happen to you on the court?

You think bout what has been said so far. If you insist on buying your fake then it's not our business. But if you injure someone because of the fake racquet breaking so easily on the court and stuff we will not be held responsible. You are the one who will be held responsible for your actions. If you think it's too much $$$ to buy a Yonex AT800 OF, go for a cheaper brand like Ashaway or Gosen.

And to the mods, if this is a personal attack, I'm sorry but I wish to assist members here even if it means getting a bit rough on my posts. Sorry once again.

20. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for da comments .. :) .. i think, i wouldnt getting fake racket. Wait and collect money 1st, then get a Original racket, Thanks dudes .. :)