User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lin dan is a hero, he plays to the crowd and has every right to be arrogant. i believe he can act whatever way he wants as he is the best on the planet, until someone proves they are better of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Axel_21
    lin dan is a hero, he plays to the crowd and has every right to be arrogant. i believe he can act whatever way he wants as he is the best on the planet, until someone proves they are better of course.
    I disagree. Just because you win more tournaments than other players, it doesn't mean that you are better than them. I mean take a look at Kim Dong Moon as an example. He had won many tournaments including the prestigious ones such as All England, World Championship, Olympics repeatedly in both disciplines. He had achieved more than Lin Dan yet you never really see him showing his arrogance on the court. Although Lin Dan is very good, he has yet to win a World Championship or an Olympic but you can see his arrogance many times already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree with virusvoodoo.

You may arrogance, but you are not necessary have to be arrogance even you are the best.

Look also at Rudy Hartono. At his time, nobody could beat him. He was totally unbeatable. But he still humble.

If I am not mistaken, Lin Dan is the most arrogance player from China.
    I have never seen an arrogance China player gefore.

Quote Originally Posted by virusvoodoo
    I disagree. Just because you win more tournaments than other players, it doesn't mean that you are better than them. I mean take a look at Kim Dong Moon as an example. He had won many tournaments including the prestigious ones such as All England, World Championship, Olympics repeatedly in both disciplines. He had achieved more than Lin Dan yet you never really see him showing his arrogance on the court. Although Lin Dan is very good, he has yet to win a World Championship or an Olympic but you can see his arrogance many times already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.Gade will always get a tick from me. He was in Sydney for the 2000 Olympic. When asked by my kids for a photo with them, he was so earger to please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by virusvoodoo
    good point, however his arrogance is a big part in him being no.1, many players fear him and of course this gives him a physcological advantage already. anyway, i think we'll continue this chat after he wins the worlds lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Axel_21
    good point, however his arrogance is a big part in him being no.1, many players fear him and of course this gives him a physcological advantage already. anyway, i think we'll continue this chat after he wins the worlds lol
    lol, yeah, his arrogance IS a big part of him, but not what makes hima world's best, ithink he may wi the wc, since he is the current favorite, becos we dont really expect the guys who have only beaten him once or twice to be the champ (i dont think ronald susilo or taufik will win)

but i truly disagree that he has the rightto be arrogant, NOBODY has, and he CANT do whatever he wants just becos he is the best, and he is not the best, he is just one of the bests

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan can only consider as a good badminton player...
    NOT a player with good sportmanship

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkusmanto
    During the medal distribution he noticed that the Korean Jang Young Soo didn't get any bronze medal. He simply took his medal off and gave it to Jang.
    What a gentleman
    I love that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm.. lin dan is arrogant??
    never heard that before
    can anyone who say this give some examples to me..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    Peter Gade never stops to impress me. in fact, the Danish team have produced many great sportmen over the years.
    but i cannot help but to wonder how many more years will we see him play.
    Yesterday in the news, i saw that Peter had made an agreement with Team Aarhus, so a few more years I assume. He has changed from gentofte to aarhus to increase the national competition here in denmark, and be a role model for upcoming elite-players outside copenhagen.

--
    Christoffer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but if he gives his medal to jang yong soo, then what about himself? no more medal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madturtle
    but if he gives his medal to jang yong soo, then what about himself? no more medal?
    Maybe...
    Don't worry... Peter doesn't mind about that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyet
    Maybe...
    Don't worry... Peter doesn't mind about that
    But it's a sudirman cup medal! the way the officials gave out the medals were like just giving out sweets, have take, dont have, too bad.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madturtle
    But it's a sudirman cup medal! the way the officials gave out the medals were like just giving out sweets, have take, dont have, too bad.
    Peter has quite a few of those already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well.. this is not from badminton, but from table tennis, but this is the greatest sportmanship I ever seen. I feel so touched!!!

It happened in the 1/16 of this year's Table Tennis Shanghai WC 2005.
    former world no.1 cum #3-seed Timo Boll vs Liu Guozheng

In the decisive final set, Boll of Germany reached the match point at 11-10, one more point to advance into the quarterfinal.

The atmosphere was tense...

"UHHHHHHH"... Liu Guozheng's smash didn't touch the table. He was out of the tournament. Nobody has any objection to this smash that it was out, including Liu Guozheng himself.

At this moment, match winner Timo Boll went to the judge. And told the judge: Just now that ball was in! It touched the table!...................................

The stadium became silent. After some seconds, thunderous applause exploded!! In the past 0.2 seconds, all people in the stadium realize, what is sportmanship, what is olympic spirit.

Now it was Timo Boll out of the tournament, "I really want to win this game, but I know, my conscience tells me, I have to do like that...."

My greatest respect and salute to Timo Boll.
    Last edited by weeyet; 06-20-2005 at 03:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2