lin dan and taufik hidayat

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by aiyuuw, May 23, 2005.

1. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    whati s it with these 2, i know they may be 2 of the most --- if not the most gifted current singles players, but hey, its not like they are the only ones, when these 2 face each other people go crazy, and yes, their meetings are pretty rare, but to me the rivalry seems pretty odd, do they really considered each other as rivals (u know, some media statements (who knows wether thats true or not)) or is it just being made up by everybody else, i love to see them play tho

2. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    One is quoted as the most talented player of this generation and reigning Olympic champion, the other the current no. 1, who has dominated for about 18 months or so. One wants to prove that his Olympic gold medal was no fluke, the other wants to prove that he should be wearing the gold medal instead. I don't think there's anything personal in it.

Not only are these two evenly matched, but added effects and hype by both side's media add to the atmosphere, tension and build up to a confrontation that is lacking in too many other games. These are the types of games that get the general non playing public interested.