User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 32
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Continental championship

    A new kind of tournament has been founded : Continental Championship.

    According to Indo's paper Jawapos, for the first time, it will be crashed between Europa and Asia.
    If this event success, later on all continents will have its representative.

    The event will take place in Manila, Philipine on 12-14 July 2005, 2 days after Malaysia Open.
    For this year (first time) the players will be choosen by the organizer. Later will be choosen by the regional organization (ABC, EBU, etc.....).

    Each continent send 9 players. There are 7 matches : 2 MS, 2 WS, 1 MD, 1 WD and 1 XD.
    From Indonesia : Taufik Hidayat and Luluk/Alven.

    The organizer will give a money price for the winners.
    The winner get 50.000 US$, the runner up get 20.000 US$.
    The organizer will take the players from KL on 11 or 12 July and back to KL on 15 July. This is for the players who attend to Malaysia Open.

    Friends from Philipine, can you confirm this news ?
    Last edited by jkusmanto; 05-24-2005 at 07:51 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's an interesting concept, should be fun!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yup...and also good for philipine fan to see big game

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Indo
    Posts
    469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default asia vs europe?

    just read in badminton-indonesia.com that there will be somekind of inter-continent badminton match in manila(i dont know about it, so if u do, please explain), it says that it will be held by both abc and ebu, that there will be 2 ms, 2 ws, and on md, wd, and xd
    it also says that taufik and alven/luluk are 'invited' i wonder what that is

  5. #5
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That is what i heard.. but currently there is no news about it yet.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    india
    Posts
    615
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants
    That is what i heard.. but currently there is no news about it yet.
    That's what i heard too.
    Have u heard anything about the badminton superleague that IBF is planning to start.I heard it could be within 2yrs time.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaN_fAn
    That's what i heard too.
    Have u heard anything about the badminton superleague that IBF is planning to start.I heard it could be within 2yrs time.
    Any details about this "superleague" you are talking about?
    Is it about individual or team competition?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    india
    Posts
    615
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seven
    Any details about this "superleague" you are talking about?
    Is it about individual or team competition?
    I remember reading it myself in 2 websites.The details,i dont know,but what i read was i think it said...-in 2007 a new badminton super league will be started in which different countries will host matches for over a week or so.Dont know if it will be team or individual competition.
    Does anyone have more info on this???
    Last edited by DaN_fAn; 05-26-2005 at 07:26 AM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong/USA
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought the prize money was only 5,000 and 2,000?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney and JKT
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the idea looks interesting, but at the moment, i think every1 will agree that it will be a very one sided matchup. We heard about China vs ROTW. now with the addition of Indonesia and Korea, Asia will most likely be unbeatable

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woven
    the idea looks interesting, but at the moment, i think every1 will agree that it will be a very one sided matchup. We heard about China vs ROTW. now with the addition of Indonesia and Korea, Asia will most likely be unbeatable
    According to world ranking, the line-up would be :
    (world ranking under brackets)

    MS1 Lin Dan (1) vs Kenneth Jonassen (2)
    MS2 Lee Chong Wei (4) vs Peter Gade (3)
    WS1 Xie Xingfang (1) vs Pi Hongyan (3)
    WS2 Zhang Ning (2) vs Yao Jie (4)
    MD Luluk/Alven (2) vs Eriksen/Lundgaard (1)
    WD Yang/Zhang (1) vs Tripp/Wright (8)
    MX Zhang/Gao (2) vs Robertson/Emms (1)

    When looking at world ranking, only WD seems an obvious match.
    Europe is better ranked in three matches and Asia in four matches.

    So nothing so obvious just like that... it will all depend whether both sides have their best players fielded or not!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    india
    Posts
    615
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just hope taufik plays instead of lee chong wei.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    india
    Posts
    615
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jkusmanto
    A new kind of tournament has been founded : Continental Championship.

    According to Indo's paper Jawapos, for the first time, it will be crashed between Europa and Asia.
    If this event success, later on all continents will have its representative.

    The event will take place in Manila, Philipine on 12-14 July 2005, 2 days after Malaysia Open.
    For this year (first time) the players will be choosen by the organizer. Later will be choosen by the regional organization (ABC, EBU, etc.....).

    Each continent send 9 players. There are 7 matches : 2 MS, 2 WS, 1 MD, 1 WD and 1 XD.
    From Indonesia : Taufik Hidayat and Luluk/Alven.

    The organizer will give a money price for the winners.
    The winner get 50.000 US$, the runner up get 20.000 US$.
    The organizer will take the players from KL on 11 or 12 July and back to KL on 15 July. This is for the players who attend to Malaysia Open.

    Friends from Philipine, can you confirm this news ?
    Any update yet,anyone??I checked worldbadminton.net,but the event does not seem to be listed in the calender in july

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaN_fAn
    I just hope taufik plays instead of lee chong wei.
    My line-up is only theoretical based on world ranking...
    Obviously Taufik would have a good chance of playing second MS.
    Also Mia Audina could be playing in WS for Europe.
    Not sure Asia would field all Chinese WS and WD (not needed anyway) so there could be some tighter matches there too...

    Just wait and see!

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    UK - London, Birmingham
    Posts
    768
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The cogs are in motion...nice to know all hard work by the relevant people are not being wasted

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KL & Sg
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fu/Cai would have a brighter chance than Luluk/Alven, but there are too many Chinese already.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    india
    Posts
    615
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hcyong
    Fu/Cai would have a brighter chance than Luluk/Alven, but there are too many Chinese already.
    If they are having such an event it could be a good idea to limit the no.of players from one country.u want to see a asia vs europe battle,so u are right too many chinese would not be right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Divide Buy/Sell Threads into continental Divisions
    By bogensaebel in forum Forum Feedback
    Replies: 23
    : 05-15-2013, 03:44 AM
  2. FS/FT: Divide Buy/Sell Threads into continental Divisions
    By bogensaebel in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 4
    : 03-08-2011, 11:33 AM
  3. LIVE Telecast on RTM TV-1 for Asian Continental Championship!!!!
    By Slacker in forum Asian Continental Championships 2007
    Replies: 27
    : 04-12-2007, 10:42 PM
  4. Asian Continental Championships Past Winners
    By Naidikiw in forum Asian Continental Championships 2007
    Replies: 4
    : 04-04-2007, 05:43 AM
  5. What countries qualify for the All Asian Continental Championships?!
    By black_knight006 in forum Asian Continental Championships 2007
    Replies: 34
    : 03-24-2007, 11:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •