Worst thing that has EVER happened to you (concerning badminton)

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChocoChipWaffle, May 24, 2005.

1. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

It can be ANYTHING. I just want some stories. I have two to share.

1. When i broke my friend's at 700. I had to buy him a new one, but he bought another one himself and gave me the receipt, and guess what? 300$ CDN!!!!! I was so shocked, i could get an at 700 from anywhere ELSE in Canada or Asia, but too late.... HE RIPPED ME OFF BAD!:mad: ,also, his racket was already old and had paint chips here and there... he also bought an at 800 off, which is even MORE expensive than the at 700... urg, thinking of it makes my blood boil...T_T

2. I live near Vancouver, so i was eager to watch the World Junior Championships to experience some world-class badminton live, since Canada usually offers little or no world class badminton... and then, on the day of hte finals, i was prepared. I booked tickets, had plans with my friends, and guess What?? I had to go to my Grandma's house that day (for this special day). i think i almost cried there.. i'm not going to have another chance to watch a world class badminton tournament live...:crying: :crying: :crying:

2. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Are you sure that's what you'd call a friend?? I would have refused to pay him that cash.. instead just go and check out how much that original racquet cost, then I'd pay the amount it really costs. *Shrugs* That's my opinion anyway.

Had my eye smashed. Had my shoulder to dislocate twice. My partner once smashed my head.

I suppose the worst experience would be my dislocated shoulder. The second time. Took about 5 minutes to get back in place, felt like eternity. I nearly panicked when it couldn't go back in place. Fortunately, it went back after a while. Shooked me up. I was so furious with my shoulder I could only say, "Cacated(handicapped, retarded.. the -ed is Malay+English =P) arm" to my coach. I was afraid if I said more I'd regret it later. Lol.

3. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    i smashed my balls :eek:

4. badm addict

badm addict Regular Member

Student
    YES! how did u do it tho? i was planning on doin a full smash with the cross over (not sure if thats the correct terminology), but decided to do only a half smash (jus the wrist). I ended up meeting half way........RIGHT AT MY BALLZZZ:crying: !!!!!Hurt so much!

ugg.....i feel ur pain bro.......

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If u really question about whether a new AT700 will cost that much, you can do the following:

1. If possible, ask him to return his AT700 with full refund, and you buy him one instead.

2. Check that particular store, see if AT700 really costs that much. If yes, nothing much u can do, if there's already agreement. If no, then... :rolleyes:

6. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Sprained my ankle.

7. Schneider

Schneider Regular Member

Student
    I went to major tornament which decided whether you were in the top squad to represernt the county and before the tornament i was on top form, training both physically and technique hard for a long time and the day i played i had a really bad off day (which anoyed me as i don't have many!) and played extremely bad losing to my friends who i would normally win comfortably and was one place out the team:crying:.

It hit me hard, very hard, but if anything it's improved my concentration and my game as i am now determined to win at any cost which includes diving to retrieve the shuttle:cool:.

8. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    Losing 2 Finals on the same day, playing 2 flights of doubles me and my partner where having a great day but playing some 9 or 10 games takes a toll and by the time the finals came along we were spent. Top it off we had to play the B final first and we barely lost in 3 games, then like 5 min after we were like the last match of day which was from like 9am till 7pm we had to play the C final and me and my partner had nothing left so we lost again. That was one of the most agonizing tournaments as we probably were better than both teams but we got greedy trying to win 2 flights I guess. After that I haven't played 2 flights ever again and I don't have to anymore anyways so it all good, but looking back that was one hellva tournament, I've never been that tired in my whole life.

9. BethuneGuy

BethuneGuy Regular Member

Student
    Smashed my mixed partner on the head and broke my 99.... I"M SORRY!!!!!

10. paulchow

paulchow Regular Member

it would be funny if she apologized for breaking your racket. ;)

11. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Your mixed partner would probably say that "Having my mixed partner smashed me on my head" :D :D

12. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Since he didn't replace his broken AT700 with a new AT700, you should only pay him the price of an AT700. Best thing is to get him a new AT700 instead of him buying a replacement one.

You still can catch the upcoming WC2005 this August in Anaheim ;)

13. ChocoChipWaffle

at 700 only costs about 200CDN here... which is more the reason i'm mad..

also, my-(so called) friend had a tournament coming up soon, so he "ACCIDENTALLY" went to the most expensive store in town and bought an EVEN BETTER at 800 off, without even consulting me... i told him to return it so that i could just pay him the original price, but i guess some people are just too selfish

p.s. this guy is still my friend (somehow)...

14. ChocoChipWaffle

I really hope i can catch this, but most probably not, because i can't just make my whole family go there for the summer just because of me... i really hope to though... (sigh)

15. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Having paint chips on my mp99.

I jumped smash and landed wrong brusing my ankle. =/

Smashed my balls and everyone was laughing, I pretended nothing happened. Lol.

Also had someone smash a birdie at my balls, didn't hurt though. Lol.

Got smashed in the head and got dizzy.

16. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    some friend :rolleyes: .

----------------
    I only played for about 8 months , so far , mine is getting hit with the shuttlecock in my right eye and puking on the courting ... ( ewww I know ) . I was just playing this really intense match and we were in the third game . I didn't eat well that day and when I was playing the third game , I felt REALLY tired and as if I'm going to pass out < I was playing a match in my club and I literally couldn't think -- forgot to take my 5 minutes break > . Anyways , I was bending down to retrieve the shuttlecock on my side when , suddenly ( unpredictably ) , I puked on the court :eek: ~! I stood back up and I was shocked . I didn't puke a lot though and my opponent didn't really see it because it all happened so fast so I kept on playing > smart move eh :rolleyes: ? < I finished the third game losing real bad and at the end , my face got really pale --> definately NOT one of the best thing that happened to me ~!!

17. Azwok

Azwok Regular Member

Student
    Haha, thats unlucky/ hilarious :D

So just a quick question, didn't your opponent notice the vomit on your court?

18. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    well, diving for a birdie thats across the court from me is one, getting smashed rite in the forehead stood there didnt even move my racquet. Fumbling a game when we had the skill/experience advantage and was leading 14 - 2. Tearing rotator cuff!

19. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Dude lol, you can't let him push you around like that. Push him back. Tell him WHY you have no reason to pay $300.

The worst thing that happened this year would be when I lost a game that I really wanted to win. Nothing more nothing less. It was sad.

20. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

I think every man experiences this at least once in their lifetime:D , well, for me it's at least once in 3 months... and yeah, i try to stay cool about it (except that once a few months ago...) However, this is NOT the worst case for me... i have even worse...

Well, the worst thing that has ever happened to me was when i was late for the tournament, and i was defaulted from the tournament :crying: . I payed quite a bunch as well...