User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Is your racket's materials really true?

    The producers told us : this racket was made by Titanium, Nickel;that racket was made by Nano-carbon etc. When we choose and purchase their products, we can look at exterior features of them, we donot know exactly about the chemical elements in the components of them. We donot have labolatoties to analyse our racket's material qualitative. No one knows whether they were made by the same material but the different painting over. Do you distinguish of your rackets material basing your experiences or feeling ? Are you (and me) too trusting of the producers to pay again and again for the so-called " new and higher-technical stuff " rackets?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    2,784
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tifam
    The producers told us : this racket was made by Titanium, Nickel;that racket was made by Nano-carbon etc. When we choose and purchase their products, we can look at exterior features of them, we donot know exactly about the chemical elements in the components of them. We donot have labolatoties to analyse our racket's material qualitative. No one knows whether they were made by the same material but the different painting over. Do you distinguish of your rackets material basing your experiences or feeling ? Are you (and me) too trusting of the producers to pay again and again for the so-called " new and higher-technical stuff " rackets?
    From my experience, you can tell if the racquet has metal on the frame like in the Cab30MS and AT700 easily as when you hit you hear a metallic sound. I have an MP23 and Cab8600 light which are no frills racquets. They don't have this metallic sound. Just for your info.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    688
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FEND.
    From my experience, you can tell if the racquet has metal on the frame like in the Cab30MS and AT700 easily as when you hit you hear a metallic sound. I have an MP23 and Cab8600 light which are no frills racquets. They don't have this metallic sound. Just for your info.
    What kind of metal is cab30 and at700 suppose to have


    And yeah, yonex can say whatever but we'll still believe it because we're yonex fans

    There's no way to prove if the nano series really do have nano carbon or not.

    Unless someone corrects me

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Toa Payoh
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosakai
    What kind of metal is cab30 and at700 suppose to have


    And yeah, yonex can say whatever but we'll still believe it because we're yonex fans

    There's no way to prove if the nano series really do have nano carbon or not.

    Unless someone corrects me
    Cab30- Ultimum Ti on the frame(by right, i doubt this would have any effects)

    AT700- The gForce Ti. Well, the silver part on the frame

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    we go by reputation.

    imagine this, you are producing badminton rackets, then you have strong proof and backing to show yonex lied with their racket's composition. wouldn't that be a very strong marketing campaign? telling the world that yonex lied to their customers?

    well maybe you can start suing them too.

    isn't that too costly for the big manufacturers to risk? well, unless you're talking of the small manufacturers. that, no comments.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have never meant YY products in my above statement and I amnot a racket producer .Titanium,Nickel,Tungsten,Nano Carbon... now are used to set the price on many kinds of racket by big manufacturers (sorry, I donnot like to deal with small manufacturers) to the point that I have a big question : I have to pay for commercial firm or for the really value of hi-tech material ?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai91
    Cab30- Ultimum Ti on the frame(by right, i doubt this would have any effects)

    AT700- The gForce Ti. Well, the silver part on the frame
    ultimum ti on the frame?! i thought u-ti was merely four ti rods that run down the shaft, and nowhere else on the racquets...

    and i've never heard of people being able to hear the metallic sounds by rapping on the frame or shaft, unless you're doing it to aluminum or steel racquets.
    any difference in sounds you hear from the newer stuff will mainly be affected by density and such from the construction, and not the material.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cab30MS and MP99 both have the ultimum Ti on the frame. The idea is just like the titanium mesh, to increase the strength at those spots containing this alloy.

    I am using Cab30ms and did not really hear any metallic sound so far. But the hitting sound of Nanospeed 7000 and 8000 is indeed very different from other rackets. I guess it is what is called the metallic sound, with a higher pitch than the hitting sound of AT/Cab/MP series.

    -SC
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenpoodle
    ultimum ti on the frame?! i thought u-ti was merely four ti rods that run down the shaft, and nowhere else on the racquets...

    and i've never heard of people being able to hear the metallic sounds by rapping on the frame or shaft, unless you're doing it to aluminum or steel racquets.
    any difference in sounds you hear from the newer stuff will mainly be affected by density and such from the construction, and not the material.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tifam
    ... I have a big question : I have to pay for commercial firm or for the really value of hi-tech material ?
    You pay for marketing, and price point where customers are willing to pay for the product.

    -dave

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It is unlikely that manufacturers lie about the materials in their racquets. However, they do not provide details about the percentage of each of the materials, which is most important. A racquet with a 20% content of ultra high modulus graphite, titanium, nickel, tungsten, kevlar, nano, or other high strength-to-weight materials with the remaining 80% consisting of carbon is not half as good as one with 40% of the former and 60% of the latter.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    It is unlikely that manufacturers lie about the materials in their racquets. However, they do not provide details about the percentage of each of the materials, which is most important. A racquet with a 20% content of ultra high modulus graphite, titanium, nickel, tungsten, kevlar, nano, or other high strength-to-weight materials with the remaining 80% consisting of carbon is not half as good as one with 40% of the former and 60% of the latter.
    Not necessary true in terms of 'the more of... the better'. There is always an optimum mix in terms of percentages.

Similar Threads

  1. The Materials of a Racket
    By Blurry D in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 8
    : 02-09-2007, 12:04 PM
  2. Coaching materials and resources.
    By Aleik in forum Coaching Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 05-29-2005, 11:42 AM
  3. light racket only for weaker players true?
    By surge in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 7
    : 10-14-2004, 05:02 AM
  4. Info about different racquet materials
    By Stalker in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 10-27-2002, 07:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •