Is your racket's materials really true?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tifam, May 29, 2005.

1. tifam

tifam Regular Member

The producers told us : this racket was made by Titanium, Nickel;that racket was made by Nano-carbon etc. When we choose and purchase their products, we can look at exterior features of them, we donot know exactly about the chemical elements in the components of them. We donot have labolatoties to analyse our racket's material qualitative. No one knows whether they were made by the same material but the different painting over. Do you distinguish of your rackets material basing your experiences or feeling ? Are you (and me) too trusting of the producers to pay again and again for the so-called " new and higher-technical stuff " rackets?

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    From my experience, you can tell if the racquet has metal on the frame like in the Cab30MS and AT700 easily as when you hit you hear a metallic sound. I have an MP23 and Cab8600 light which are no frills racquets. They don't have this metallic sound. Just for your info.

3. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    What kind of metal is cab30 and at700 suppose to have :confused::confused:

And yeah, yonex can say whatever but we'll still believe it because we're yonex fans :D

There's no way to prove if the nano series really do have nano carbon or not.

Unless someone corrects me :)

4. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    Cab30- Ultimum Ti on the frame(by right, i doubt this would have any effects)

AT700- The gForce Ti. Well, the silver part on the frame

5. napee

napee Regular Member

we go by reputation.

imagine this, you are producing badminton rackets, then you have strong proof and backing to show yonex lied with their racket's composition. wouldn't that be a very strong marketing campaign? telling the world that yonex lied to their customers?

well maybe you can start suing them too.

isn't that too costly for the big manufacturers to risk? well, unless you're talking of the small manufacturers. that, no comments.

6. tifam

tifam Regular Member

I have never meant YY products in my above statement and I amnot a racket producer ;) .Titanium,Nickel,Tungsten,Nano Carbon... now are used to set the price on many kinds of racket by big manufacturers (sorry, I donnot like to deal with small manufacturers) to the point that I have a big question : I have to pay for commercial firm or for the really value of hi-tech material ?

7. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

ultimum ti on the frame?! i thought u-ti was merely four ti rods that run down the shaft, and nowhere else on the racquets...

and i've never heard of people being able to hear the metallic sounds by rapping on the frame or shaft, unless you're doing it to aluminum or steel racquets.
    any difference in sounds you hear from the newer stuff will mainly be affected by density and such from the construction, and not the material.

8. scchang

scchang Regular Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Cab30MS and MP99 both have the ultimum Ti on the frame. The idea is just like the titanium mesh, to increase the strength at those spots containing this alloy.

I am using Cab30ms and did not really hear any metallic sound so far. But the hitting sound of Nanospeed 7000 and 8000 is indeed very different from other rackets. I guess it is what is called the metallic sound, with a higher pitch than the hitting sound of AT/Cab/MP series.

-SC

9. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    You pay for marketing, and price point where customers are willing to pay for the product.

-dave

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    It is unlikely that manufacturers lie about the materials in their racquets. However, they do not provide details about the percentage of each of the materials, which is most important. A racquet with a 20% content of ultra high modulus graphite, titanium, nickel, tungsten, kevlar, nano, or other high strength-to-weight materials with the remaining 80% consisting of carbon is not half as good as one with 40% of the former and 60% of the latter.

11. Shuttlebugs

Shuttlebugs Regular Member

Not necessary true in terms of 'the more of... the better'. There is always an optimum mix in terms of percentages.