exploiting weaknesses

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by checkthemc, May 30, 2005.

1. checkthemc

checkthemc Regular Member

None/Student
    In singles how does one exploit your oppenents weakness the most? Specific examples would be most appreciated. Like, if your footwork was much better than your opponents, how would you exploit this weakness? If your techniques were better than your opponent, how would you expoit this? Better stamina? Better read on your opponent? Faster speed? Noticing their racket is down? No tumbling netshots(all of them plain)? Poor line judgement by your opponent. Stuff like that. If you have any more things you notice about youro opponents and how to exploit them please explain.

Of course the most obvious is looking to see if they can bh clear court to court, if they cant, thats what to exploit. Other ideas would be cool too.

2. alexg

alexg Regular Member

If my opponent's footwork is not that good, I will try to play shots that will force him to reverse direction all the time.

BTW, forcing your opponent to reverse direction for each shot is a good technique agains all kinds of players, but works very well against players with poor footwork.

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi Checkthe mc,

I think you already has some answer in your head already and just looking for some [font=&quot]confirmations. Only experience will tell you. Experiment them all. Your [/font][font=&quot]opponent can compensate by using his/her strengths to cover the weakness. There are so many ways to exploit your opponent's one weakness[/font][font=&quot]. Just an example, if you have better stamina, you can do a lot of long drive or long clear to tire the person out. You can also do a repeat of net and baseline shots and make him/her run. Keep them guessing is my advice... Have a nice week.
    [/font]