12 o'clock position

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Woven, May 31, 2005.

1. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    hi every1, im not sure wether this has been posted before, but i recently found that sometimes the 12 o'clock of the rackets is bent into the rackets. Not sure what cause it, but does any1 know how to prevent this???

2. registered

registered Regular Member

Royal Bum
    Is it an isometric racket? If so that is quite common for iso's because of it's shape. Because it's not an perfect oval like an egg the 11,12,1 o'clock positions are under alot more stress. Common solution? Progressive stringing? search it up if you want more info. it should be a stick i think.

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Unless you show me a picture of how the racquet's 12 o'clock is dent inward, otherwise I simply assume the following:

high-noon disease - the stringer didn't pad the central head support leaving
    metal to contact graphite

4. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    Yes thats exactly what i meant. Any idea of preventing that from happening??? it doesnt happen everytime though, like once every 5 rackets...

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    The best cushioning material is actually plastic but you can try out shimmy and overgrip. Cut a small piece to cover the central head support and then place the frame into position. Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    It looks like the racquet was strung in a suspension mounting machine. The stringer probably stretched the frame beyond the 'taut' state. If the 12 o'clock is bent inwards, then the racquet head has suffered some damage. Maybe you should get another stringer. If the frame is overstretched when mounting it on a hold-down mounting stringing machine, the frame top will show signs of hairline cracks and sometimes crack lines caused by the two plastic receptors used to seure the tip of the frame at the top.

7. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    Just tried it and it does solve the problem :D :D
    Thank you very much :)