Head heavy racquet... ? Need help

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by hunghing, Jun 1, 2005.

1. hunghing

hunghing Regular Member

guys,

i need some help on head heavy racquet. can u guys recommend me some racquet that is head heavy? I heard those racquet are good for smashing and netplay.
    i went to several shops to ask around, but they dont seem to have any knowledge on it. i didnt want to act rashly to buy coz those yonex Mp and AT racquets arent that cheap. so im here to seek some help
    your help is very much appreciated.
    thanks..

2. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!
    Hmmmm, head heavy+power for smashes+control for netplays, i guess shld be these few choices AT800OFF, AT800DEF, AT700. Slight head heavy choices shld be Cab30ms, Mp99, Mp100, Mp77. It all depends whether u are playing singles or doubles n yr level of play.

3. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

OOOpss........ how can i forgot the legendary Ti 10 :D

4. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

MP88
    Carlton Superlite (Airblade, Rasmussen, or Powerblade)

5. Robin (SWE)

Robin (SWE) Regular Member

Student
    Yonex

Hi,
    check out the Yonex website which has a brief description of every racket. After that you can go and have a read at the review section for more info.

Since I dont know how long you have played etc I cant give you appropriate advice.
    What I do know is that the Isometric 500 series, which has 4 different models based on what you prefer, is not expensive and is a good racket. When I started playing i used the Iso 900 SR which is the defensive singles version if im not mistaking. (Quite head-heavy actually and with good control.)

6. christoffer

christoffer Regular Member

Trainer
    I use mp88 (the old version) which I think is very good... But I'm switching to mp99, which is even balanced. I highly recommend mp88.

7. hunghing

hunghing Regular Member

i consider myself an intermediate player
    been playing since young. im more on singles. oh btw, i visited the yonex site already, but i didnt see their description of the racquet.
    regarding the yonex mp series, wat are the price range like? My location is singapore at the moment

8. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Sportslink now offering S$199 for Mp100,99,88 n 66 with some freebies. for Mp99, u can get ard S$170-S$180. u can also chk out dis link too for other racket prices. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15401 :D

9. hunghing

hunghing Regular Member

does queensway shops sell it cheaper? and are they reliable? im afraid they might be selling some fake yonex and pass if off as real..

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

1. Whether a racket fits for a player or not, only the player him/herself can answer. Head heavy racket might help player A, but could be a total nightmare for player B due to various reasons.

2. Personally, I prefer a even balanced racket way over a head heavy one.

3. Head heaviness is just 1 out of many factors regarding to a racket. Other important factors including stiffness, overall weight, grip size, string tension / type, head shape, etc.

4. Reviews could only be used as reference. It's better to borrow / rent the racket(s), and try out urself.

11. hunghing

hunghing Regular Member

i have used AT series, thats why i prefered head heavy racquet coz i think it suits me better
    i just want to be open to other option and choices of racquet available in the market