How long does natural string last at different tension?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kingkong03693, Jun 5, 2005.

1. kingkong03693

kingkong03693 Regular Member

I am wondering that if i use natural sting like babolat gut "vs touch" at tension 21-23 how long would it last for? could u give me some information

2. registered

registered Regular Member

Royal Bum
    babolat vs touch is a tennis string i don't think a 16-18 guage tennis string will even fit in the holes of a badminton racket.

3. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    They do have badminton strings. Check up before answering.

The life of a natural gut depends on how hard you hit, the climate and they require some kind of oil to prevent moving about and when you hands are wet you must not touch the string. They require alot of care. These are the factors prolonging the life of your natural gut.

:cool:

4. kingkong03693

kingkong03693 Regular Member

wow

I am very interesting about take care of gut string. Would you give me more specific detail? thanks a lot

5. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    VS touch is a very expensive but very good string, you need the gauge that is in the middle of the range of the three for badminton.

One is too thick and the other too thin as it will snap as soon as it is tensioned.

Gut generally does not snap but does fray so the string goes fluffy after use with strands peeling off as soon as it is strung even without playing.

At tensions of 21-23 you will be ok but I don't think it takes tensions of over 25 very well.

However puting oil on it is not a good idea and the string should be left the way it is.

please read this and also do a search:

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showpost.php?p=120433&postcount=4

#5 Dill, Jun 6, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2005
  6. registered

registered Regular Member

Royal Bum
    sorry, my bad, i knew there was natural gut for badminton but i didn't know babolat makes it, it's because i play tennis quite a bit too and when i heard babolat i immediately think about tennis. And i don't think i've ever seen a babolat vs touch, or for that matter any natural guy strings in western canada.