Wanna play in Jakarta????

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by Johnnyboy, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy New Member

Does anybody know some clubs in Jakarta? Or does anybody want to play but can't find someone to play with?
    3 months ago i moved to Jakrta and i'm desperate to find a club. I haven't touched a shuttle for about 5 months now and i'm climbing up the walls here. I live in Kelapa Gading so if there are any clubs in this area please let me know. If you want to play and want to rent a court, fine by me.
    Here is my emailadress and handphone: orochiyamato1@yahoo.com ,
    0852 168 484 06

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Greetz,

John

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

There are several clubs in Jakarta. There is Jaya Raya Badminton Club and if you want to play at a renowned club, there is Tangkas Bogasari also(this is where Tony Gunawan used to play also when he was a teenager).
    If you want, you can try to contaq Halim Haryanto(i'm sure you know who he is) and ask him if he knows other clubs in Jakarta..I think he's still there with his family in Jakarta. Send me a PM(private message) and I'll give you his contaq info and you can ask him for more information...

3. DarkHalf

DarkHalf New Member

Are any of these clubs near Semanggi or Senayan area? I have been here in Jakarta for 2 weeks already and will be here till August. Brought my badminton racket with me, but none of my colleagues at the office are playing this month, and *I want to play*! :)

4. Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy New Member

In Senayan you have the Senayan Hall. It's next to the Mulia Hotel. There you can rent a court.

If you don't have a partner to play with give me an email.

john

5. kawasaki

kawasaki Regular Member

STUDENT
    I WILL GO JAKATA ON 18 SEP BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE I CAN STAY ...CAN U GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ABOUT RENTAL FEE OR HOSTEL WHICH ARE CHEAPEST FOR ME , I WILL STAY AT LEAST 1 MONTH ..

6. Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy New Member

Don't know much about that but you can try Jalan Jaksa near the Ibis Hotel Arcadia. There are some hostels overthere. You can also look in the business area near Jalan Surdirman. Price near Jalan Sudirman is about 2.8 million rupiah/month.
    Good luck!

7. extreme_kaki

extreme_kaki Regular Member

Play in Jakarta

Yes, thats right. You can stay at hotel mulia (5 star hotel where Taufik had his wedding) and then just pop over to the senayan hall (next door). I will normally pop over whenever I want to play. You can also ask for Pak Bambang who is the store owner there. Just bring some shuttles to play with them. Good day is Tuesday and Thursday evening. Saturday/Sunday would be 2pm.

You can try Djuang if you have the luck. Those flypower guys.
    :D
    Enjoy!

rgds

8. yadi_susan

yadi_susan Regular Member

Hi Johnnyboy,

Good club in Jakarta are Jarum and Tangkas Bogasari.

I have Tangkas Address: Komplek Perumahan Greenvill Blok Q Tanjung Duren (Near: Taman Ratu).

Good Luck for you..

9. candra W

candra W Regular Member

depends what u are looking for, if u want some singles practise Djarum Jakarta Badminton Club is quite unusfull, because its only for doubles players.
    for singles better to go to Tangkas or Jaya Raya

10. sen

sen Regular Member

Hi

Kelapa Gading has a few courts. Susi Susanti also stays in Kelapa Gading and plays in one of the courts.

11. emartin

emartin New Member

Hi DarkHalf,

I'm also from PHil. I used to play in Club Badminton along P. Tamo ext. Where do you play? I have been here only for 2 weeks but have been looking for places to play. Hope I could join you sometime. I will be staying in Kuningan area by next week.:)

12. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    hehe..ngiri gw..dah pada maen bareng blom ne di jakarta?Syg gw msh di china skrg.Tar d kl gw dah balik,maen bareng ok?

Gw tgl di tomang.Maennya di senayan,di seberang hotel mulia.Trus di tomang,seberang hero tomang,ama jamblang sono,ama bokap gw.Ada yg maen di daerah sono jg ga?Tar telp2 d..

13. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Wow..a great view,to watch a legend playing across.Which court in kelapa gading?How about Alan?Is he still playing?