Invitations turned down

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by hcyong, Jun 6, 2005.

1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
  2. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

Didn't Jae Youn tear an ACL fairly recently? If so, she's probably still recovering from it.

Kind of sad to see that Camilla won't be playing. I wonder why. I was looking forward to see her play. Not very often we get to see a female singles player who jump-smashes. :)

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Also, if you take a look at the WD list, Japan has a high possibility of getting a fourth pair invited. What's more, after Japan, Malaysia could have a third followed by a fourth pair.

That's because there are 14 entries left to filled, and for the second invitations, IBF have reached those ranked 142. From 143 to 150, only 4 more pairs will get invited before IBF reach for the top again.

In short, if 7 out of the 18 next invitees turn down their offers, then Malaysia get a fourth pair in. That would have been simply amazing.

4. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Yes, this is no surprise, Jun Jae Youn has a long term injury (achillis tendon).

About the others I have no clue. It may be coaches choice so that other players of these nations get to play...

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    In the MD, there are 17 entries left. And IBF have reached rank 145. After that, 3 more will get invited before IBF go back top. After that, Laybourn/Steffensen, Flandi/Eng, Chew/Choong (in that order) will get the invitation.