User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoChipWaffle View Post
    How does this guy produce such devestating smashes... i know they are all from three concepts, physique, practice, and technique, but let's be realistic here...

1.) Physique= this guy has less muscles than alot of other pros... he is not built AT ALL! Yet, he can smash harder than those bigger guys, so his secret doesn't lie in the physique.

2.) Practice- Of course, he practices, but he is FAMOUS for playing hookey during practice sessions, and sometimes not take it so seriously. Compared to most other pros such as lin dan, shon seung mo, etc. he is not considered as a player who practices alot. Definetly, the secret of his smash doesn't lie in practice either...

3.) That means it's his technique that makes the difference, and i got this far. And then, it stumped me... i watched his videos several times when he was playing, and even his smash form during slow motion... but i just can't get a crystal-clear answer to his power. I think he sort of loosens his arm like sort of a whip, but then, i am not an expert at this stuff. Can u guys help me what he does different that makes his smashes stand out?>

p.s. when i said his smashes stood out from other players, i'm not considering ppl like Ha tae kwon, kdm, lin dan, or jens eriksen, as they are clearly MUCH MUCH more built and bigger than him...
    Hi..sory if my reply is very2 late.

Physique = As you may know there are 2 type of muscles 1.the endurance muscles(last long but not so power) and 2.the power muscles(have lot amount of power but dont last long). The thing about the muscle is, it doesn't related to the shape of the body. The search for iron man competition(swim, run and ride, u should know), the winner and other competitor dont really have a very built body. Muscles and body build, they dont go parallel.

Smash = To make a really fast smash u need to loosen the muscles. Tight muscles will move slow. Link:http://badmintondoubles.hubpages.com/hub/Badminton-Smash-How-to-Play-the-Shot

Taufik smash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r590F7mRTw

Extra point for fast swing is smooth body movement/gesture. As for this there's no great example other than Taufik. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woSj8...eature=related

Initial power = This is an advantage for taufik. If you see closely Taufik take a shot with little room from racket to shuttle. This can save time. That also explained the phenomenon backhand smash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ualwA...eature=related

Its not a surprised for someone to be amazed by the way he play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The legendary badminton player:
    1. Lin Dan (powerful smash n speed)
    2. Lee chong wei (Great defence)
    3. Taufik Hidayat (movement trick technique)
    4. Peter Gade (the best european player ever)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Althou TH had that smash with him, his gameplay only changed when BWF decided to go 21pts. i saw him play in SG in 1999. he rarely uses any smashes. in comparison, he was playing like rudy hartono.. as highlighted by a few golden age uncles i was sitting with.. how he develop his smashes.. try looking at his backhand smashes..

natural talent
    wrist power + body movement
    timing
    face of racquet

try looking @ his backhand smashes, and u will see it.

cheers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5