NS8000 2U or 3U?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Pre-emptive, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Pre-emptive

Pre-emptive Regular Member

Hi all, I need your help here. This is the situation. I am using AT800DE 3U right now. The other racket I used was 2U ti-10. I tried a 3U NS8000 for a few games and liked its quickness and accuracy. It seems to have more attacking power than AT800DE but is equally good in defense. I have decided to go for this one. The question is should I go for 2U or 3U?

My preference for other rackets are as follows:

AT800de 3U over 4U (4U too light )
    ti-10 2U over 3U (3U too head light)
    AT700 4U over 3U (3U JP too stiff and head heavy)
    MP99 3U over 2U (both JP 2U is too stiff)
    MP100 2U over 3U (3U too head light)

Thanks

2. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Is it not possible to get your hands on a 2U one and demo it? Personally, I think the 3U is a rather good weight for this racquet however, I've never tried the 2U or 4U version of it myself. I would imagine 2U wouldn't be too much of a difference, just a little heavier but, the same balance but, I think 4U would be way too light for an already feather-like racquet @ 3U.

From your experiences, it's really hard to make a conclusion because, you seem to pick the weight of the racquet based on the characteristics of the racquet, not your personal preference. At first glance when you picked 3U over 2U on the MP99, I figured the since the MP99 and NS8000 share pretty similar balance points or weight distributions, 3U would be good but your reason was because 2U was too stiff so, I didn't know what to say anymore. I thought it's because you liked your racquets more light and wanted more manuverability when on the go then, your reason for picking 2U over 3U for the MP100 totally contradicted that idea.

So really, I don't know but, I think 3U is a good weight for the NS 8000. I'm satisified with both of my 3Us.

3. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Personally, I still prefer 3U for Nanospeed 8000.

And... personally, I string my Nanospeed 8000 with BG66 at 26Main/27Cross. At lower tension, I could not generate as much power as at 26Main/27Cross. Will be staying at this tension for the next 2 months...

Thanks.

4. Pre-emptive

Yodums, thanks for your reply. Your post keeps me thinking why I don't like a certain racket at a certain weight. I think my reason is some rackets have different characteristics at different weight forms. Some combinations work better than the others. Usually, I like the heavier versions as I think their characteristics is more refined. AT-700 and MP99 are the exceptions for me. I think it is mostly due to my lack of power. I hope this make sense to you.

5. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    since you're comfortable with ns8k 3u, why change?

but just in my opinion, the best feeling of all NS8k combination is 3UG5. 2UG4 one felt kinda strange... dont know how to explain

6. Pre-emptive

Hi Iris, I am just wondering if the 2U will have more power without sacrificing too much of its speed.

7. Pre-emptive

Iris, did it feel strange because it is head light and heavy? Or the racket is overdamped? I remembered that you are always 1 of the first to try out the new stuffs. What are you using now?

8. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    ya i guess so... head light, yet heavy... i tried the ns8k. didnt strike me as anything. no aspect of the racket impresses me.

IMHO, the 3ug5 actually feels head heavy. i may be wrong...

right now i'm in between rackets. hehe. not sure what to use. but am using at700 4u