Yonex Armortec 800 durability

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by hongkie, Jun 10, 2005.

1. hongkie

hongkie Regular Member

student
    Singapore Case

OK here i go

on May 8th my friend purchased a Armortec 800 Offensive racket at S$249 at a shop , after using just around 16 days , on that day , while in the midst of our game , one of the string in his racket broke , where has has only one racket with him , he continued playing , when we finished our game , a total of 5 line strings have broken

When he went back to that shop to restring his racket , the shop owner examined the racket and told my friend that the racket is spoilt because my friend did not cut off the strings immediately when it broke

Huh? when your racket's string breaks and you do not cut it away in time , your racket will be screwed up? can anyone explain why is this so?

We have not verified the serial number on this AT800 , so is this a case of imitation or the carelessness on my friend's part?

2. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

Wow, this is the first time I've ever heard that you can break 5 string-lines in a racket in one play ... after the string is broken for the first time, how can he keep playing?

Well, I have 2 AT800OF rackets and I've had it for over 2 months, I broke the string every 2 - 3 weeks, but never have any problems with the rackets so far. I cut and remove the string after it is broken, because the racket is strung at high tension (32/35) lbs, and I don't want anything happen to the racket head.

3. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!

when the strings broke in the first place...yr frd shld stop playing immediately as the tension on the stringbed is no longer even....thus when he cont'd playing...uneven amount of stress is being applied onto the frame.when strings broke, it is strongly advisable to cut it immediately to release the uneven tension n to protect the frame (most fragile part of the racket)from warping, cracking etc etc. even if u choose not to cut the strings immediately, u shld stop playing with the racket n den restring it ASAP. however u din state anyting happen or any visible damages to the frame, cannot deduce whether the racket suffered any permanent damages or not. PICS will be welcomed in dis case...:) anyway, where u bought the racket?? i tink for dis case...its pure carelessness on yr frd's part n not the authenticity of the racket.

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    You follow good practise by cutting the string right after a string breaks. BTW, is your stringing machine a drop weight or a spring loaded? Have you tried 32 X 35 on Ti-10 and MP-100?

You must have very strong forearm. My CAB 22 at 30 X 33 (drop weight tension) feels like a rock :D and requires lots of forearm strength.

#4 Pete LSD, Jun 10, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Well, no matter it's real/fake racket, you shoud always cut the strings if the strings are broken. Especially if you are running high tension, racket will deform if you don't do that.

6. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

I use the Eagnas ST200 stringing machine, I believe it's a spring tension machine.

I've tried Ti-8 and Cab-21 at 32/35 and they're fine. I've used BG-85 (not good), BG-65 (good), Gosen Super Micro (good), and Gosen Pro-66 (okay) strings at 32/35. BG-85 lasts only one game, very fragile. I mostly use Gosen Super Micro, and 32/35 is the optimum tension, I've tried 33/36.5, but it's harder to hit.

Does the drop weight machine give higher tension than the spring loaded machine? If so, how high?

7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Ohhh, I see. The ST200 has no clamps that are fixed to the base of the machine. So yeah, my drop-weight machine with fixed clamps will string much tighter this particular spring loaded machine.

Drop weight machines are constant pull. Please read www.stringway.com/start.html under more about's systems

8. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    Yeap:) The tension will be unevenly spread. As long as it is experiencing a constant tension throughout the frame, the frame will be intact, however when a string snaps, the tension will be uneven so it will warp.

:D