Fake VS Original

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Sioux, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Sioux

Sioux Regular Member

How big is the diffrence beetween a fake and an original racket in quality?
    Are there fake's that are as good as the original?

//Christian

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
  3. Sioux

Sioux Regular Member

thnx jeff

I didn't think about it sorry!

I guess I have to spend all my money on a new racket!!

I'll be going to the sport store tommorrow!
    But the only problem is that there aren't many badminton players in Sweden and I was to get my hands on a mp99!
    Maybe I can import from denmark or buy some **** racket!!!

4. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
    well if you're a begginer, a fake and a real racket wouldnt make a big difference

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    No it does.

1. $$$, as u got ripped off in a deal.

2. Safety: as fake racket usually has bad quality means endanger u and other player's safety when u use it.

6. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I just read the news a few months that in Oakland in order to stop illegal street shows, the city not only will fine the ones doing the shows, they will fine the people watching it also because without people watching, no one will do the shows any more.

Same thing in fake racquets. Selling fake racquets is illegal. Buying them should be illegeal too. Without greedy buyers, no one will make fake racquets any more.

7. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
    regarding his performance....

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Even just for performance, it will effect. I used to see a steel head MP99. Do u think a steel racket vs a suppose to be all graphite one makes no difference? :eek:

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    June 2, 2005

Jackie Fights Against Piracy

There are all kinds of pirates these days. The kind that Jackie is fighting against aren't people like Blackbeard or Henry Morgan. They are ordinary people doing illegal things. They steal movies and sell them inexpensively. When they do this, they take money away from the people who deserve it. And Jackie wants it stopped.

From Associated Press:

Jackie Chan joins campaign against pirate goods

HONG KONG — Hong Kong action star Jackie Chan battled copyright pirates Thursday, smashing fake designer watches with a hammer and using a chain saw to destroy a streetside stand hawking counterfeit bags and clothes.

Chan's assault on the illegal industry was part of a skit about him breaking up a counterfeit sales operation. The media event was organized by the International Trademark Association. "It may be funny to watch our skit. But there's nothing funny about counterfeits," Chan said.

The movie star said that piracy is seriously damaging the film industry in Hong Kong.

"Looking at the counterfeit problem, it really hurts," he said. "We used to make 300 movies a year here in Hong Kong. Now there are maybe 50 a year."

Chan used a flurry of karate chops against four assailants wearing Jackie Chan masks. He also cut a tie in half with scissors and ripped apart a pair of counterfeit shoes with his bare hands.

The trademark association said counterfeiting is an industry with a global market value of $500 billion US. It produces goods ranging from baby formulas and DVDs to automotive and aviation parts.

10. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
    of course it doesnt to a begginer. i use to experiment with fake and real rackets with begginers and most of them tend to not notice and differences, only a few grams in weight but begginers are not picky about those things. if u give a steel racket painted like a muscle power, and a real racket. a newb will not be able to identify which is fake or real.

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. If they just lob the shuttle around, like a backyard type, it might not be significant. However, if a beginner tends to be serious, and willing to work on the real skill, very very soon, s/he will notice the difference.

2. Weight is just 1 factor might effect the performance. Others including stiffness, balance, stablization (many fakes tend to vibrate a lot), etc.

3. Not being able to identify or don't notice does NOT mean, the fact never exists. :(