Canadians in Hong Kong for Summer ?

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by edmonton, Jun 17, 2005.

1. edmonton

edmonton Regular Member

Hi,

Was wondering if there was any Candians in Hong Kong for the summer ?? I have just arrived into Hong Kong for a few days and was wondering where would be a good place to play badminton? I will be watching the HK annual tonight (Saturday) and perhaps find out more about badminton in Hong Kong. Anyhow, lets see how many replies I get ! heheheehehe !!

Edmonton

2. herovc

herovc Regular Member

Hi Edmonton, its nice to hear another fellow countryman here.
    I just came back a week ago and was also wondering where to play in Hong Kong. I'll be here for good so if anyone see this please give me a shout as to where I could get some bad(minton) action with you guys.

3. winstonchan

winstonchan Regular Member

CBO (Chief Babysitting Officer)
    Perhaps you guys can tell us more like roughly what your standard is, where about you live, and what time you available to play, etc... so BC members can better help you find the right club... ;)

4. edmonton

edmonton Regular Member

I play at a competitive level. And I live in the Wan Chai area. I don't if this helps. But I really appreciate the help !!

Herovc, So you are back for good eh ?? What do you do ?? Just finish school ?

5. dreammeow

dreammeow New Member

6. Xo_BaddyGrl_oX

Xo_BaddyGrl_oX Regular Member

grade 11 student in Sudbury!
    i'm going to hong kong for the summer yeeah!! any place to play near sai wan *west point?*

7. edmonton

edmonton Regular Member

Hi Xo_BaddyGrl_oX,

I had found a group to play with here in HK. You could private message me if you want to join us. So, far it has been fun. Let me know what your level of play is and I am sure the group I play with will welcome more players

EDMONTON

8. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    hmmm ... care if I join you guys ;) ? I'll be going there for a week or so :) dunno your definition of the levels , I guess I'm somewhat between beginner / intermediate -- been playing competitively for around 9 months and counting .

9. Xo_BaddyGrl_oX

Xo_BaddyGrl_oX Regular Member

grade 11 student in Sudbury!
    that's so weird, me 2...i don't know around interemediate...i've been playing competively for 2 years now also.

Ps....
    know any good baddy channels in hong kong?

10. edmonton

edmonton Regular Member

So, how long is everyone in Hong Kong for ???

11. tinkerbella122

Student
    Well all in all , I'll be in HK and some other places in China for about a month and half ( leaving this sat. !! can't wait ) . I'm mainly going to be staying around in GuangZhou , where most of my relatives are . But I'll be in HK for like a week or so ( sight seeing and such ) . It'll be great if I can play badminton there .

btw ( send me info on the badminton place you found :) )

12. myy3002

myy3002 Regular Member

hi, guys

hi, I am from vancouver, and now working in guangzhou and hk. ( most of the time in guangzhou) I mainly play mixed double, cause I can't run too much or too fast.........heheheh..............:p
    it is such nice to meet you guys here.....I am new in BC here. let's keep in touch here.

13. tinkerbella122

Student
    ... in GuangZhou , you can play at Wei Lun Sports School every night ... I haven't been there yet but I'm planning to . It's really expensive though ... 25 yuan an hour ... o_0

14. myy3002

myy3002 Regular Member

where is WeiLun sports school nei? I can do the drop-in there or need to go with my partner? 25 yuan per hour is not too expensive in guangzhou nei, many badminton clubs charge the same price. but the problem in guangzhou's badminton clubs is................no A/C in the summer............. >.<

15. tinkerbella122

Student
    It's near ChangXing street in the TianHe district ... take BUS 54 where it's available and Wei Lun Sports School is the second last stop . You can get on the bus by going to Tian He Sports Centre ( which is near the subway if you live really far away ) . I'm not really sure about the time though 7- 8:30 p.m maybe . When I went there to watch my cousin train , there were tons of courts available so I played there for a while . Wei Lun Sports School is quite famous in GuangZhou though ... as some pro badminton players were developed there .