Pahang Open:Tsuen Seng stuns Choong Hann in BreathTaking game!! Choong/Lee packs home

Discussion in '2005 Tournaments' started by weeyet, Jun 18, 2005.

1. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    In Today (June 19, Saturday) morning's pahang open quarterfinal, Wong Choong Hann was stunned by teammate Lee Tsuen Seng from Perak in 55 minute breath-taking rubber games, costing him a place in semifinal against local king Lee Chong Wei!!!

The score is 8-15, 15-13, 17-15.

In the decesive 3rd set, Lee Tsuen Seng was leading 14-6.
    A tough Choong Hann played patiently to grab points, from the edge of losing, miraclely he level the score to 14-14 to take the games to dues.

Choong Hann took the first point to 15-14, at this moment, Tsuen Seng seemed like suddenly know what he should do, he released all burden, and took straight 3 points to wrap up the game. Choong Hann's revenge plan for Chong Wei in semifinal was spoilt!

In later afternoon's game, Tsuen Seng was easily beaten by Chong Wei 2-15, 0-15

However, Wong Choong Hann-Chew Choon Eng won MD semifinal over top seed Chan CM/Koo KK in straight sets, 15-5, 15-6

Lee Wan Wah who made a come back since 9 month absence due to injury, had lost to 2nd seed Tan bin shen/Ong soon hock!! This is the first tournament Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah joint after Lee Wan Wah rejoin competitive badminton!!

In another game, Roslin Hashim gave a good lesson to Hafiz 15-10, 15-12!!

Below are some results:
    MS Sfinal
    [1]Lee Chong Wei beat Lee Tsuen Seng, 15-2, 15-0
    Roslin Hashim beat [2]Hafiz Hashim, 15-10, 15-12

MD Sfinal
    Wong CH/Chew CE beat [1]Chan CM/Koo KK, 15-5, 15-6
    [2]Tan BS/Ong SH beat [3]Mohd Fairuzizuan/Lin WF15-8, 11-15, 15-6

WS Sfinal
    [1]Wong Mew Choo beat Lydia Cheah, 11-9, 11-0
    Julia Wong beat [2]Anita Kaur, 11-8, 11-3

WD Sfinal
    [1]Wong PT/Chin EH beat Julia Wong/Haw CH, 15-5, 15-6
    Fong CY/See PL beat [2]Ooi SA/Mooi HY, 15-8, 15-6

XD Sfinal
    [1] Koo KK/Wong PT beat Gan TC/Fong CY, 15-11, 15-8
    Mohd Zakry/Chin EH beat [2]Mohd Fairuzizuan/Ooi SA, 15-10, 15-12

#1 weeyet, Jun 18, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2005
  2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    There we go again ...

The Pahang Open only confirmed our nightmare about Malaysian players, consistently inconsistent. So far only Lee Chong Wei is considered consistent and he is still not the same level as Lin Dan and Taufik, what hope do we have on the coming World Championship?

3. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part

Hahahaha. Remember in big competitions it's not only bout consistency. It's about how much dumb luck you have too :p

4. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Interesting. I thought Chan/Koo are the future of Malaysian MD, and Wong CH and his partner beat them so easily. And he played so well in XD in Sudriman Cup. If he concentrates on XD and MD instead of MS, he may be as good as Kim Dong Moon or even better.

5. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

Let's not be so pessimatic

Lcw is definitely a different kettle of fish compared to the other Malaysian players,present or past.If u did watch his Sudirman cup tie against the Japanese player whom he disposed off 15-0,15-2 then u would not consider him as no hope in the coming wc.All he needs is to believe in himself,he is wc material,no doubt about it.Go for it chong wei.

6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    KKK was down with a fever. He may withdraw from the XD final today.

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    This Pahang Open serves as a warm-up for the nationals. The inconsistency showns in our national players. However there is till time to correct some of the mistakes. IMO there is nothing much to worry about :). We will just have to see in the up coming Aviva Spore and Malaysian Open.

8. verve_pipe

verve_pipe Regular Member

student~!duh...
    KKK withdrew from mixed double, leaving zakry/chin to win

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    So unfortunate for KKK to withdraw. It will be an exciting match to watch.

10. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Local king Lee Chong Wei continues his unbeaten streak after winning Pahang Open!!

FINAL RESULTS:

MS:
    [1] Lee Chong Wei(PENANG)
    beat Roslin Hashim(PDRM/KELANTAN), 15-13, 15-10

WS:
    [1] Wong Mew Choo(SELANGOR)
    beat Julia Wong(MELAKA), 11-5, 13-10

MD:
    [2] Tan Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock(SELANGOR)
    beat Wong Choong Hann/Chew Choon Eng(KL/PENANG), 15-7, 15-3

WD:
    [1] Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui(PERAK/PENANG)
    beat Fong Chew Yen/See Phui Leng(KEDAH/SELANGOR), 15-3, 15-5

XD:
    Mohd Zakry Latif/Chin Ee Hui(NEGERI SEMBILAN/PENANG)
    beat Koo Kien Keat/Wong Pei Tty(PERAK), WALKOVER

Attached Files:

11. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

News from unconfirmed source, Wong Choong Hann/Chew Choon Eng will take part in future international tourneys. In an informal MD stimulation practise competition held last month, WCH/CCE pair defeated all their teammates in national squad to win the champion.

Maybe it's time for him to do so next year?

#11 weeyet, Jun 19, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  12. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Post-match. Chong Wei & Mew Choo not very happy

Yap Kim Hock(CHIEF COACH):"We are very happy to see the standard of ms players become closer after the arrival of Li Mao. They have more internal positive competition now, that will improve our overall strength. I see this as a huge boost because next year we have Thomas Cup."

"I am satisfied with their form. I believe they can peak in the coming 2 months for WC"

And YKH was happy with Lee Tsuen Send and Yeoh Kay Bin. Lee Tsuen Seng upset Choong Hann in quarterfinal. While Yeoh Kay Bin lost to world no.6 Hafiz Hashim 16-17, 15-7, 16-17.

"Especially Lee Tsuen Seng and Yeoh Kay Bin. They brought surprises to us. The reason Tsuen Seng defeated Choong Hann is not because Choong Hann lose his pace, Tsuen Seng played really well. From here, we can see that Tsuen Seng still has a lot of potential inside. But we need to improve his stamina

"Yeoh Kay Bin lost after giving Hafiz a real challenge. Before this, Hafiz can play Kay Bin on his palm if they meet, but now it's different."

While being opstimistic for MS, YKH is worrying about Chan Chong Ming's left shoulder injury.
    "TBS/OSH won the champion, they have been improving very well. We all already see how WCH/CCE had also improved our overall MD strength. I will also give LWW/CTF one month time for them to find their rhythm back. But my greatest worry is still CCM's injury.""

Lee Chong Wei (MS CHAMPION):
    "This is the worst match I ever play in local circuit. Too many mistakes, my attacks weren't so smooth, and I wasn't very accurate with my timing today."

"Compare to last year, Roslin had improved a lot. He played a more attacking than a defensive game, and he becomes much quicker
    "

Lee Chong Wei was not satisfied nad not very happy with his performance after defeating Roslin. When the game just started, Chong Wei couldn't find his rhythm, and a lot of mistakes, tailing 0-6, 4-10. Roslin was a quicker and more attacking man on court.

At second set, Chong Wei led by 9-5 although once trailing by 1-5. However, Roslin didnot give up. The score become 10-10. At this moment, a controversial out ball (which is against Chong Wei) restore Chong Wei's spirit. And he wrap up the game by 15-10.

Wong Mew Choo(WS CHAMPION):
    "I really perform very very poor in this tournament, I couldn't find my rhythm. I was struggling to win every game."

"Li Mao told me I should be more tricky."

Julia Wong was once at the edge of bringing the final into rubber games, leading 10-5, before she was tamed by Mew Choo's experience.

Tan Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock
    (MD CHAMPION):

Ong Soon Hock: "This is my best father's day present. I am very happy, because this is our first crown since we partner "

Tan Bin Shen: "Wong Choong Hann and Chew Choon Eng had too many mistakes. They actually didn't play at their level. This champion doesn't really mean a lot, because the standard of every double pair in national squad is very close to each other.

Our aim is to upset some seeded pairs in the coming WC in August"