Choosing 2U or 3U of NS8000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by rayraymond, Jun 19, 2005.

1. rayraymond

rayraymond Regular Member

Hi,

I am going to buy new racket. I am using Ar800OF 4ug4 , BG80 @ 23lb
    find that it is a bit light, not enough power when smashing and backcourt.

I am going to buy NS8K (JP version)
    but now i need to decide which weight to get... 2U or 3U,

what people should use 2U or 3U?
    heard that 2U u will need to adjust the timing all over again, because it is much heavier than 4U, although 3U is still heavier than 4U.

anyways, should i get 2U or 3U?
    and which string should i use ? BG80@23lb?

thanks

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    IMO NS8000 is relatively a light racket. There should be no problem buying a 2U version of it. Any strings will do, you can use bg66 or even bg65ti.

3. rayraymond

will 2u and 3u has g4?

I am very afraid i can't control 2U. the reason i want 2U is i want more power for smashing and clearing.

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I have the 2U version, but have played a few sessions with the 3U. Both are great. The 3U version feels a little bit snappier in defence, but I'd say power feels about the same -- there's plenty. The 2U version is probably slightly more durable -- not that I know if that's a cause of concern with the 3U. If you're coming from a 4U racuqet, you'd probably be better off with the 3U version.

Keep in mind that the NS8000 is head light, so even the 2U version is still much more maneuverable than any other Yonex model (except for the NS7000).

5. valkyier

valkyier Regular Member

If that is the case, what about buying a 3U/2U G5 racquet ?? That would make it more balanced right ??:D

6. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I don't think it would really matter that much. The wood in the handles is very light, and I doubt the weight difference would be noticeable.

But what I don't understand about your question is this: if you're looking for a balanced racquet, why go for the NS8000? :confused:

7. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Before you rush off to buy another expensive racket, you may wish to consider your reasons for buying more carefully.

Do you really think that a Ns8000 will provide noticeably more power than an At800-Of ?

You already have a top-of-the-range racket that is designed for power players. Is it really the racket that needs changing, or could it be your technique?

8. rayraymond

YOU ARE SO CORRECT..
    changing another racket may not help at all, but just so curious about the new toy. I am not rich or anything, just people giving me an impression that a NS8K is something that is good. Especially i need a heavier racket. my AR800of is too light.

9. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

See if you can demo the racket (both versions, perhaps) from a shop. This is an ideal way, because you get information for no money :)

Sometimes difficult to find a good racket shop though.

10. valkyier

valkyier Regular Member

Well, I was actually looking for a slightly heavy headed racquet and NS8k has fast swings but not so heavy headed thus not losing in terms of manueverability because of its light head. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks for telling me that the wood in the handle is light. I'll think about that point;).