are there any endurace records out there

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by mozza, Jun 21, 2005.

1. mozza

mozza New Member

I have just completed a 24 hr badminton match over the weekend for charity ( VSO ). I have been looking through the guiness book of records to see what the actual record is, and can't seem to find any kind of record. Can any body help?

2. Robin (SWE)

Robin (SWE) Regular Member

Student
    ?

There is no record of any badminton match even getting close to your time. A long match would be, for example, Rasmussen vs Sun Jun which went on for aprox. 120+ min. if I'm not mistaking. (Jun lost since his cramp made it impossible I guess...)

If you played a 'backyard' kind of game I don't think it would be a badminton match record... in fact, I think youre 'pulling my leg' with this story?! If you played badminton for 24hrs with breaks, toilet visits, actual rallies and sets then it is a hmmm... rather pointless achievement I'd say and not exactly guiness material. Also I don't see how two could even pass the ball to eachother for 24 hours, even less clear the ball each other...

would like to know more though, and please clarify as t what kind of 'match' you played

ps:
    interesting link after googeling "longest badminton match"
    http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/gwr5/book/2005/index848.asp

search the forums too, gives plenty of relating posts. :ds

#2 Robin (SWE), Jun 21, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  3. Yong

Yong Regular Member

ICT consultant
    yes there is a guiness worldrecord which was set to 86 hours of play by Ruud Faas on 30 june till 3 july 2004. The former record was 85 hours.
    This event was held by badmintonclub Castellum in Vleuten, The Netherlands.
    Intention was that two players would complete the 86 hours, but Maurits Lotgering had to give up after 64 hours.
    Both sporters were allowed to take a 5 minutes break every hour, or collect those minutes to take a larger 15 minutes break later on.
    A lot of platers of different clubs were invited to play during a timeslot against the two candidates.
    Another purpose was to work on integration between sporters with and without a handicap. A lot of demonstration were given, participated by dutch celeberties and handicapped sporters of different sports.
    A lot of sponsors were involved. 20.000 EUR was collected for handicapped sporters.

some links for those of you who understand dutch:
    http://www.nfsg.nl/nie_te.html

http://home.planet.nl/~noevers/NBB/...en/GUINESSRECORDPOGINGBADMINTONINVLEUTEN.HTML