Badminton Injury

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by LingDan, Jun 22, 2005.

1. LingDan

LingDan Regular Member

I recently injuried my arm due to doing too much hard smashing. It feels like the muscle is gonna tear apart. Tot after resting for a week, it will recover but the pain keep coming back when I play again. Any kind soul ever experience this and how to treat it please advise?

2. ErrBerr

ErrBerr Regular Member

Student
    Although I play with my right arm, i get this pain feeling in my left. Similarily, it kinda feels like its 'tearing' or 'ripping' apart. But this doesn't happen when i'm actually playing.. only occures off the court.. please fill us in :confused:..
    - Alby :cool:

3. loverush

loverush Regular Member

where on your arm is this pain?

4. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I would go see a doctor...i didn't do that when i injured my knee and now look at me, I can barely play... :(

5. i_two_net

i_two_net Regular Member

Get some professional help. You may need some physiotherapy to expedite the recovery nad make sure you rest the injury sufficiently before you start playing again.

6. ErrBerr

ErrBerr Regular Member

Student
    well, for me, its around the 'deltoid muscle'.. located between the edge of my shoulder and tricep, on the outside.. :eek:

7. badmad

badmad Regular Member

where in the arm exactly is the pain??

i too suggest u to see some experts... a good physiotherapy would help it get better soon. there are a lot of posts in the forum about various types of injury. I suggest you to stop playing for a while and take rest completely from badminton. morover, if ur smashes are the cause of the pain, then u might wanna look at ur technique cause hitting the birdie incorrectly can result in this.

8. badmad

badmad Regular Member

boy, i can understand this!!! 2 months back, i tore my ACL (anterior cruciatory ligament) in the knee region and had to get operated for it. now for 6 months, i can't walk properly and worst thing is that i can't play baddi for 18 total months... :crying:

9. ErrBerr

ErrBerr Regular Member

Student
    holy cow.. 18 months! lol.. i die after 2 weeks without playing!! haha..
    i used to have knee injuries too.. i used to 'not land properly' and my leg bone would kinda twist in the knee socket and it swells up and stuff. i see this chinese doctor guy to get acupunctures and stuff once in a while but he says that my socket is kinda 'loose' now.. :( but that's all good now, he suggested that i try to strengthen up my left knee and yeah.. its been ok for now..

the pain is around here for me..
    [​IMG]

But yeah.. i think i should get it checked out. But still, i don't get it.. i'm right handed, but the pain is in my left arm? what the? lol.. Or do you guys reckon its cause i don't stretch enough? Can i actually obtain long term muscle tissue injuries if i don't stretch down after? :confused:

10. tr1n1trotolu

tr1n1trotolu Regular Member

student
    oh... i used to have wierd pains in that area... like cold needles being stabbed into the meat. that was my early months that i had very bad techniques with clearing though its not a persisting pain like yours. for some reason it was gone after i improved my play.. :?? maybe you swing the arm too hard?

11. HoustonRockets

HoustonRockets Regular Member

I have the same exact problem like yours.

12. badm addict

badm addict Regular Member

Student
    Lingdan,

you should seriously go get that looked at. My friend was hurting a lil bit and thought it was nothing; so he continued playing. He later then severly injured it and now plays with the opposite hand. :(

If you wish to continue playing the game we cant live without, then stop playing and get it looked at; or else you'll be crippled:crying: .

Physio helped with my tendonitis but wasnt all that good. I ended up going to see an azn guy that specalizes in "Ditda" and fixed it superbly.

best of luck!

13. loverush

loverush Regular Member

Well best thing for you to do is to get it looked at.
    But from my experience in sports medicine, and from what you've told me, it seems like you may have strained a muscle. This isn't a big problem at all, it will just take 2-4 weeks for recovery I believe.
    It is when you sprain a ligament, that you need to be worried since ligament repairs take a long time.
    However, if it is really bothering you, you definetly should get it looked at. And do not play on the injury no matter how tempting it is.

14. ErrBerr

ErrBerr Regular Member

Student
    Hey lingdan, I feel that I'm kinda taking over the thread with my problem.. just wanna say sorry.. lol.. :eek:

15. coolman

coolman Regular Member

I think u are not using ur wist to play, u are using too much arm movement...

16. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

I am having the same problem as you currently, I sprained my arm after playing for 3-5 days a week. its been 1 year. This year then i went to see chinese doctor, they gave me some medicine and acupuncture(neddles poke poke arm) and it recover in 2-3 weeks, but still have to rest for another 2 months to fully recover, doctor ask me to swim and jog often to recover faster.

Got once, after 3 weeks my arm doesn't feel the pain when playing..... then i kept play... then after like played for a week, i sprained it again..... its veri painful.... when i smash, my arm cracked... so went to acupuncture again..... nw dare not smash hard.... got to rest for 2 months now.. :(
    Hope you understand how chinese medicine work.... its faster treatment and cheaper than western...

17. LingDan

LingDan Regular Member

Thanks so much guys for the advice appreciate it.

Hey ErrBerr vbmenu_register("postmenu_255630", true); dun worry about tat and nice picture though. ;)

My injury is exactly the spot where ErrBerr picture shown (what a coincidence)gonna thank you ErrBerr for posting the picture. Except my is on the right side which is my playing arm.

Some friends advise me to put ice pack on it for abt 20mins then follow by rubbing deep heat. I have tried and it seems work for the moment. But yet to prove because I m gonna play again this wkend :D and c the pain still come back. Will keep u guys inform whether it can cure.

cheers

18. LingDan

LingDan Regular Member

Thanks for sharing jansenkzh hope I dun get it again after playing this wkend if not guess i have to stop for a while and go c sinseh oledi.:crying:

19. ErrBerr

ErrBerr Regular Member

Student
    cheers lingdan.. hope ya injury gets better buddy.. :eek:

20. LingDan

LingDan Regular Member

U2 Gook luck to both of us. :)