Broke my AT800-DEF (TH version) in 1st day!!

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Ben_minton, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Ben_minton

Ben_minton Regular Member

:mad: Just got it on Monday, verified with LeeShim & found its originality ok.
    Do a 4-knot stringing yesterday at 23 pounds. Played double last night & get kissed a few times as my partners is left hander (I am right hander). The last kssing with my partner's racket broke my new baby at around 10 o'clcok (near the knot rea). Heart broken!!:crying: :crying:

My racket is 4U, G5 grip. Question, do u think the Thailand vendor will replace it for me??:confused:

I suspect
    (i) it may has to do with this AT800DEF is 4U, the lightest amongst 2U, 3U & 4U, therefore its head is off lesser material (my other CAB21 is 2U, being kissed for so many times over the last few years, still solid!!:) ), therefore not durable as 2U racket?
    (ii) the other possibility is it may got to do with my 4-knot stringing??:confused:

What do you all think?

2. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    I think that it is very likely due to all the "kissing" that your racquet has been doing behind your back :p :p :p

3. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
    i strongly disagree that the 4knot stringing method broke ur racket. there are many reasons, the angle that the racket "kissed" at and it's weight; 4U. maybe the racket had a bad stringer. i am truly sorry for your loss. it is really unfortunate to break your racket your first day you got it.

4. loverush

loverush Regular Member

I too doubt it was the stringing. 2U may be a bit more durable though.
    Try not to let your racket kiss others!! My rackets get a kiss maybe once every 4 months! Yea I know, its lonely..

5. Jan_BE

Jan_BE Regular Member

IT Support Desk
    Bit it keeps them alive hé ;)

6. valkyier

valkyier Regular Member

Let us know if you are able to get a replacement...but since it is a TH version, I am not sure if the warranty covers for it...

7. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    kissing too much is never a good thing as well as too much of love is a bad thing to people :p

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Sorry to hear that... I do also have a fren who owns a JP and broke it after 2 games. more heart breaking... maybe you can still try to claim the warranty if you happen to buy it in Thailand.

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Clash is never an accurate way to determine how durable a racket should be. Personally, I saw JP rackets are done easily (after like 2 weeks?) after a clash. :cool:

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I do agree with that statement. Very true. Unless if you have a machine to test the durability.

11. Ben_minton

Ben_minton Regular Member

:( Yes, I brought my racket in Thailand. Will try to call them & see how can I
    get a replacement. Wish me good luck.

I do `kissing' is never good for racket, however I never expect such a light `kissing' would break a Yonex racket. Nevertheless, the above racket was good,I can feel the difference; powerful smack + backhand can clear from one end to the other end of opposite court rather easily. Likely will get another 1~2 similar rackets.:rolleyes:

12. adidas_lee

adidas_lee Regular Member

Regional sales manager
    broken racket

Hi,
    Amortec 800De should be quite a strong built racket. The next time u play becareful of yr partner! Some just could not control their shots. When they see shuttle coming, they just whack, whether it is in yr path or not. So, observe yr partner is equally important. Furthermore, yr kaki is a left hander. Wow, chances is much higher kena whack! Take care of yr expensive racket, the next time, u play, if not heart broken again. I love to see who is my partner when I play double. If he is a reckless guy, then i will use a more solid racket like Carlton Airblade Tour 2U type to play. Feel sorry for yr loss. Good luck the next time.