Ashaway string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by coolman, Jun 25, 2005.

1. coolman

coolman Regular Member

Can anyone one tell about ashaway string?which is the best

2. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    hey there coolman, i've used ashaway strings, like forever.. they rarely break, and i play almost 5 times a week. so they're pretty durable.

i've played with Rally21, Flex21 and currently i'm using MicroLegendXL. I have my racquets strung up to 24lbs.

In my experience the MicroLegend are the best, but also a little more expensive. but it's worth it for teh durability, i was breaking strings loads with the other two, and that was before i learnt to hit it hard!

makes sure you get your stringer to check your grommets though - i ended up having to get restrings done 3 times because he didn't spot it - altho he did give me a freebie the last time because he felt guilty about not spotting it... so that was cool

hope this helps

Neil

3. coolman

coolman Regular Member

Thanks...this help me a lot..because my string break every 2 weeks or 3 weeks due to my training..i use BG 66 tension 26 or 27...i think i will try ashaway string ...

4. jayes

jayes Regular Member

Badminton specialty selling strings, grips, shuttl
    Not sure what do you mean by the best. But if you would like to get the most durable strings in Ashaway line, try looking at MicroLegend XL (0.73 mm gauge), MicroPower XL (0.73 mm gauge), Flex 21 (0.75 mm gauge), or Rally 20 (0.85 mm gauge). Among the listed ones, Rally 20 is the most economical (in general). However, if you play only with feathers, I would not suggest Rally 20. The other three can be mixed playing with feather and plastic shuttlecock. Among the 4 strings listed above, the most playable is the MicroLegend XL. My suggestion is to look what is availabe in your local area and affordable to you.

HTH.

5. coolman

coolman Regular Member

what i mean by e best is durable yet the feeling of hitting is good...I think i will try MIcrolegend XL..thanks