User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default badminton problems

i recently lost to a state player badly in a tournament, and after tat i got a few injuries like knee ache, shoulder ache and back ache. i was juz wondering what can cause this during tat match? and how i can i make it better? i lost through stamina , how can i train my stamina? and i during tat tournament, i saw some guy who was goin to net with a full arm stretch den he suddenly spins his racket and the shuttle go to the bass line deceiving the opponent. how can i do tat? and wat is it called?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jas1121
    i recently lost to a state player badly in a tournament, and after tat i got a few injuries like knee ache, shoulder ache and back ache. i was juz wondering what can cause this during tat match? and how i can i make it better? i lost through stamina , how can i train my stamina? and i during tat tournament, i saw some guy who was goin to net with a full arm stretch den he suddenly spins his racket and the shuttle go to the bass line deceiving the opponent. how can i do tat? and wat is it called?
    If you lost because of stamina, your aches are probably due to tireness (if that's a word). To improve stamina... Do you have access to a treadmill? Because I know that would help.

About your last question, when that person was spinning his racquet. Did you mean he was spinning his wrist making a lift? Or did he just spin his handle and it created a tornado to drive the shuttle to the baseline?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neosakai
    If you lost because of stamina, your aches are probably due to tireness (if that's a word). To improve stamina... Do you have access to a treadmill? Because I know that would help.

About your last question, when that person was spinning his racquet. Did you mean he was spinning his wrist making a lift? Or did he just spin his handle and it created a tornado to drive the shuttle to the baseline?

thanks alot for replying, no, i don have a treadmill, i guess i'll go jogging. is more like a tornado to drive the shuttle to the baseline. how can i do? seems almost impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks alot for replying, no, i don have a treadmill, i guess i'll go jogging. is more like a tornado to drive the shuttle to the baseline. how can i do? seems almost impossible.

lol. My school has a treadmill and I usually take a portion of my lunch time to work on my stamina. But if you really don't have access to one... I guess you'll have to do some sprinting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...I don't think that threadmills are useful in training stamina...I think they are more useful if they are used for resistance training. I used to do slow jogs which are almost the same as threadmills but I found that only my leg muscles got sore and I didn't get tired due to stamina.

The best way to do stamina training is sprinting. That was what my coach told me. Slow jog only develop ur muscle and train your resistance. However, sprintings train your "fast-twitch" muscle which gives you explosive power and stamina at the same time. Also, you need to have very good thigh muscle to do this as sprinting depends more on the thigh than the lower portion of the leg.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by valkyier
    Hmm...I don't think that threadmills are useful in training stamina...I think they are more useful if they are used for resistance training. I used to do slow jogs which are almost the same as threadmills but I found that only my leg muscles got sore and I didn't get tired due to stamina.

The best way to do stamina training is sprinting. That was what my coach told me. Slow jog only develop ur muscle and train your resistance. However, sprintings train your "fast-twitch" muscle which gives you explosive power and stamina at the same time. Also, you need to have very good thigh muscle to do this as sprinting depends more on the thigh than the lower portion of the leg.

Hope this helps.
    Lol wait, what's wrong with treadmill? You can set the speed, so you can sprint OR jog right..?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neosakai
    Lol wait, what's wrong with treadmill? You can set the speed, so you can sprint OR jog right..?
    I found it too troublesome...and besides, if you go over the speed limit of threadmills, they go "boom!" and poof... you gotta flush out money for repairs...

I once tried sprinting on a threadmill and raised the speed to around 15 or 16kmph and then it goes "beep...beep...beep...beep" I panicked and jumped off the threadmill and plucked out the power supply...It may sound funny though...lol...but its true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it too troublesome...and besides, if you go over the speed limit of threadmills, they go "boom!" and poof... you gotta flush out money for repairs...

I once tried sprinting on a threadmill and raised the speed to around 15 or 16kmph and then it goes "beep...beep...beep...beep" I panicked and jumped off the threadmill and plucked out the power supply...It may sound funny though...lol...but its true.
    LOL you must run fast then haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks alot all of u, yea. it helps alot. guess i'll go sprinting more. btw, u haven answered how can i do the tornardo drive thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hap
    thanks alot all of u, yea. it helps alot. guess i'll go sprinting more. btw, u haven answered how can i do the tornardo drive thing?
    I can't really visualise what's going on...the best I can think of is a situation where you use your racquet to "cut" the shuttle which allows it to travel fast and flat (drive) but that involves a lot of wrist power and skill as well. 'cos to "cut" a shuttle you need accuracy...

Hope I got it right but I've got no chance to show it to u.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hap

I can't really visualise what's going on...the best I can think of is a situation where you use your racquet to "cut" the shuttle which allows it to travel fast and flat (drive) but that involves a lot of wrist power and skill as well. 'cos to "cut" a shuttle you need accuracy...

Hope I got it right but I've got no chance to show it to u.
    ey, thanks, in tat case how can i train my wrist power? would a tennis or squash racket help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ey, thanks, in tat case how can i train my wrist power? would a tennis or squash racket help?
    Try playing badminton with squash...that's what I saw my coach used to do...lol...you can try that.

If not, do push-ups with your fingers, 3 preferable or 5 if you can't handle 3 fingers. Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gET A plastic bottle of soda, fill it half way with water.. hold it by the neck, do a figure 8 with your wrist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm, sorry for asking. whats a figure 8? im just wondering, i would love to increase my wrist power using this method

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    umm, sorry for asking. whats a figure 8? im just wondering, i would love to increase my wrist power using this method
    Raving, you wave your hand in the shape of an 8. Lol. That's all I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    hi, try to get the bottom of the soda bottle to describe a figure 8. Maximum, comfortable flex of the wrist is advisable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope this helps.
    I've read differently; in fact it was the opposite!
    Fast running or sprinting is more of speed form training. The trains your fast-twitch muscle fibers. Slow but long running increases stamina. It is recommended that you should run at around 70% of your maximum heart rate for this. Anyway, I'm doing more research on this; so I can still stand corrected. I remember reading this from many credible resources around a year ago; so I think it would be worth mentioning this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast