Singapore men's single ranking.

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Jansenkzh, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

Top 11 players.

34 50170 SUSILO Ronald SIN 6 9930 1 1827.14 7 11757.14

37 11464 LEE Yen Hui Kendrick SIN 9 11490 0 0 9 11490

111 54027 DJOHAN Erwin SIN 7 4800 0 0 7 4800

119 50438 MAHARDI ~ Wiempie SIN 4 4440 0 0 4 4440

272 14285 TAN Wei Kiat Aaron SIN 3 1470 0 0 3 1470

300 14307 FU Zhi Hui Alvin SIN 5 1290 0 0 5 1290

326 52701 WONG Zi Liang Derek SIN 3 1110 0 0 3 1110

353 15504 CHEW Swee Hau SIN 4 930 0 0 4 930

403 53773 HUANG Chao SIN 2 660 0 0 2 660

437 53776 LU Jun SIN 2 516 0 0 2 516

515 53779 TANG Y L Johnathan SIN 2 126 0 0 2 126

#1 Jansenkzh, Jun 29, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  2. daringkidz

daringkidz Regular Member

Wah..how come Susilo has such a low ranking....he must work harder in this year's Aviva open to improve his rank man...

3. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

He won choong hann already lor. Ranking should jump up !

4. three

three Regular Member

student.
    i thought mahardi wiempie used to play for indonesia?

5. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

It is listed in IBF website clearly.

6. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    I'm not sure but three stated that player used to play for Indonesia, not now wor... Mia, Ardy and Tony Gunawan also used to played for Indonesia before but now you can see their nationality in the brackets is not Indonesian.

7. three

three Regular Member

student.
    i remember in 2003 mahardi wiempie was playing for indonesia. this is quite interesting. i remember taufik hidayat almost converted into a singaporean citizen..

8. *~Taufik~*

*~Taufik~* Regular Member

imagine wat would it be like for singaporeans if taufik hidayat managed to convert to singapore citizen???

9. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Singaporean Thomas Cup squad could have some chance with their MS line-up consisting Taufik Hidayat, Ronald Susilo and Kendrick Lee

10. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

Heard many say, why lin dan n chen hong do not wan win aviva open, some people gave them millions to do so... NOT I SAY ONE :D

This can happen to taufik and mahardi wiempie too..... as US10k can't compare with USmillion....

What do you think?

11. floorfilla

floorfilla Regular Member

He nearly played for Singapore, but not converting into a Singapore citizen..
    It's hard to get Singaporean citizenship for a foreigner unless the government can gain something from granting him/her the citizenship..

12. floorfilla

floorfilla Regular Member

In Taufik's case, if he wants to play for Singapore, he'll probably be granted citizenship immediately so that Singaporeans can boast that a "Singaporean" has won a tournament.

13. three

three Regular Member

student.
    we will be undeafeted!!! BWAHAHA. but that's in my dreams..:D

14. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

If really we buy players from other country, it won't make sense and disgrace singaporean..... we win just because we got money? we win because we buy people? Isin it sounds horrible...? It suckkk to say some schools actually do that and make us feel so disgrace when people ask..... in another words, its also saying singapore players are lousy, no standard to be in any world competitions....:mad:

15. daringkidz

daringkidz Regular Member

I agree with jasenkzh..The singapore government should spend more money on developing the sporting youths instead of "importing" people from foreign countries...

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Not to worry, the SBA is in charge and is doing a great job so far!

If you look into our sports history, you'll agree that in the past, our youths and their parents were more interested in the paper chase as they think that their children's future lies in having a good education, up to degree level if possible. Sports did not pay. So very, very few talents pursue a sports career.

Today is slightly different. As our economy develops and as more people are more affluent, they begin to pay more attention to the arts, sports, entertainment and other more interesting pursuits in life. Just like other more developed countries like the US, UK, Canada, Europe and elsewhere, sports have become big and professional and if you are good, you can earn big bucks.

Singapore's sports history is relatively short and unattractive because our priorities were not in sports. So in order to catch up with regional and world standards we need the help of foreign talents to shorten the process for us. Foreign talents add to our own talent pool and help us to raise our own standards. Without their help, it will take us a much longer time to achieve the successes we now gained in badminton. Until such time that we are able to build up our own talent and professional pool, I think our sports authorities will continue to need foreign assistance. At least for a start, we now have our own sports school, but how many of these students will eventually become professional sports people, time will tell.

So do bear in mind that importing foreign talents, be they trainees, professional players, administrators, etc, can bring positive results to our goals depending on circumstances. :)

17. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

Our government should just ask foreigners to come and train singaporean instead of using them to play FOR singapore....

We see malaysia, china, indonesia, england, denmark... etc... own people playing for own country, for singapore, we see other nation people representing singapore..

Train us to be professional, not use them to be our trademark.

18. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Maybe they purposely lose to taufik so that they will somehow become "underdog" in WC

19. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

That is the idea. Many said that. After some people said that, i began to relise that it is true to a certain extend.

20. Rascak_23

Rascak_23 Regular Member

medical student
    I agree with that, in my country the Philippines, we insisted not to hire any chinese or indonesian players....We feel that we filipinos havs the talent to excel in this sport...it will only take time before we get to be at the same level with the Indonesians and Malaysians........We already have surpassed Singaporeans in the past "SEA games" hehehe
    Im very much excited with the coming SEA games in the Philippines especially in badminton.....where i get to see which among the 3 countries (Philippines, Singapore, Thailand) can be getting the overall 3rd place in badminton. Who do you think will take the place??