General invitation

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by clarkey5, Jun 29, 2005.

1. clarkey5

clarkey5 New Member

I see a lot of Canadian people posting to this site, I would like to invite you to come and watch the World Transplant Games in London Toronto, the badminton takes place on 20th July at UWE. Come and watch and introduce yourself to me Dave Clarke, I will be competing for Great Britain.

2. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Hmm...I haven't heared of this before. What's it about and what's the level of the competeing players?

BTW: It's London, Ontario ;)

3. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Oo...... Can you say more about this? I'm.... kinda interested. I mean, if money isn't the problem :D

4. clarkey5

clarkey5 New Member

Transplant Games

The event is open to all people who have had a life saving transplant, either heart, heart and lungs, kidney, liver or bone marrow. The competitors then have to qualify through their own countries games.

The games are similar to the commonwealth games, approx. 70 countries take part over ten days.

A list of the events and timetable are shown on the website http://www.2005wtg.london.ca/

Best of all the event is free to watch, it is hard to comment on the standard as it is impossible to predict who has had a transplant in the last few years, and there are several different age groups.

Sorry I meant London, Ontario.