User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 21

Thread: Aditya Joshi

  1. #1
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,583
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Aditya Joshi

    .
    Just being informed by this article:

    http://sports.ndtv.com/othersports/b...nior-badminton

    ======================================

    Young shuttler Aditya Joshi from Madhya Pradesh has become the first male junior badminton player from India to be ranked number one in the world.

    Aditya, 17, a resident of Dhar town, recently got the number one slot in the January rankings of the World Badminton Federation (BWF).

    As information about his achievement reached his tribal-dominated town last week, the family's near and dear ones started visiting his home to greet his parents.

    Aditya was at the 11th position till November, but he managed to jump ahead of all the players by achieving 18,776 points.

    Aditya started playing badminton in 2001 when he was only five and very soon, he started winning in the categories above his age in the local tournaments.

    Within six years, he started proving himself at the international arena and clinched the gold in Remensco Junior International tournament held in Russia in 2011. During the same year, he won a gold medal in Asian Sub-Junior championship held in Japan.

    The shuttler reached up to the pre-quarter level in junior international championship held at Malasiya last year and played quarter-final of the junior world championship held at Bangkok.

    His victory in the national junior championship held at Chandigarh last month made way for his top ranking.

    Aditya was the national champion in 2013 and had won two gold medals in junior international tournament held at Pune and a silver in the Senior National championship while his age corresponds to junior category.

    His coach Amit Kulkarni, who is also the coach of MP badminton team, expressed happiness over Aditya's achievement.

    His father Atul Joshi told PTI that he and other players believe that Aditya will perform well in the coming Olympics.

    His mother Hemlata Joshi said when he was very small, she had to ensure that he did not watch cartoons or get addicted to TV, for which they did not install a cable TV connection till he grew up.

    ======================================

    Wishing Aditya Joshi all the best in years to come.
    .

  2. #2
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,583
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation BWF Junior Rankings

    .
    The list of BWF Junior Rankings is found located at:

    http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=19832
    .

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have watched some of the videos of him. He is not the best among many junior players of india. Anyhow, congrats to him. Hope he will keep on practice hard and make his country proud. First indian of any level (seniors, juniors) to achieve this ranking !!! ()

  4. #4
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,583
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Harsheel DANI is also in the top 10 ranking

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    I have watched some of the videos of him. He is not the best among many junior players of india. Anyhow, congrats to him. Hope he will keep on practice hard and make his country proud. First indian of any level (seniors, juniors) to achieve this ranking !!! ()
    .
    Well, there is another junior player from india, Harsheel DANI, also in the top 10 ranking. Only India, China and Germany have 2 Boys Singles players there (as at 02-Jan-2014).

    Rank.........Country.....Player................... Member ID.....Points
    1..............IND...........Aditya JOSHI..............60649.......18776
    2..............INA...........Christie JONATAN.......73442........18630
    3..............CHN..........ZHAO Jun Peng..........95930........16490
    4..............GER..........Max WEISSKIRCHEN...84815.......16000
    5..............MAS..........June Wei CHEAM.........92796.......15483
    6..............CHN..........SHI Yuqi.....................57945.......15115
    7..............VIE...........Cao Cuong PHAM.........87628.......14788
    8..............IND..........Harsheel DANI.............85472.......14171
    9..............GER.........David PENG.................68652.......13920
    10............AUT.........Wolfgang GNEDT.........61916........13470

    Link: http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=19832

    .

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would never read that much into the BWF Junior Rankings. No junior has the ability to play the same amount of tournaments as someone on the senior level. Rankings are only useful if they are made on a level playing field, which the junior ones aren't. Fair play to reaching number 1 in juniors, but just like tennis, it means absolutely nothing.

  6. #6
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,583
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Can you imagine if BWF doesn't rank our players?

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I would never read that much into the BWF Junior Rankings. No junior has the ability to play the same amount of tournaments as someone on the senior level. Rankings are only useful if they are made on a level playing field, which the junior ones aren't. Fair play to reaching number 1 in juniors, but just like tennis, it means absolutely nothing.
    .
    Can you imagine if BWF doesn't rank our players?

    Every player would claim that he/she/they is/are the BEST.

    .

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Can you imagine if BWF doesn't rank our players?

    Every player would claim that he/she/they is/are the BEST.

    .
    I think you may have missed the point of what I was trying to say.

    What I was saying is that at junior level, there is no way of accurately determining the rankings. This is down to a number of factors such as players not playing enough tournaments, having studies to attend, not having the funding to compete etc etc.

    The list at juniors is highly inaccurate, mainly because no one really cares that much. Look at those that have performed well at juniors and never made any significant impact at senior level. There are far too many for me to mention here.

    Sure, these rankings can give a rough indication as to where potential there is potential for future stars, but as the points delivered for tournaments do not reflect the difficulty of some events in comparison to others, it leads to an inaccurate and misleading list of players that is altogether, meaningless.

  8. #8
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,583
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up We ought to congratulate Aditya JOSHI

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I think you may have missed the point of what I was trying to say.

    What I was saying is that at junior level, there is no way of accurately determining the rankings. This is down to a number of factors such as players not playing enough tournaments, having studies to attend, not having the funding to compete etc etc.

    The list at juniors is highly inaccurate, mainly because no one really cares that much. Look at those that have performed well at juniors and never made any significant impact at senior level. There are far too many for me to mention here.

    Sure, these rankings can give a rough indication as to where potential there is potential for future stars, but as the points delivered for tournaments do not reflect the difficulty of some events in comparison to others, it leads to an inaccurate and misleading list of players that is altogether, meaningless.
    .
    Of course I understand what you are saying.

    I was expecting more junior players from CHN, KOR, INA, MAS, DEN, JPN, etc, etc, ...... to be listed in the Top 10 ranking.

    But on seeing players from IND, VIE and AUT listed there, I thought we ought to congratulate Aditya JOSHI for being No.1.
    .

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Of course I understand what you are saying.

    I was expecting more junior players from CHN, KOR, INA, MAS, DEN, JPN, etc, etc, ...... to be listed in the Top 10 ranking.

    But on seeing players from IND, VIE and AUT listed there, I thought we ought to congratulate Aditya JOSHI for being No.1.
    .
    Ofcourse, You are absolutely correct. Whoever may be in top position, we need to congratulate them. In this case, i could not stop myself saying about Harsheel dani who also needed to be watched in the future. I want to mention another boy M.Kanishq who is just 14 years old and had beaten these two players already . So, it proves indian youngsters are taking badminton seriously nowadays than before.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess my point was proven this week regarding his highly inaccurate ranking.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    junior ranking is rather unreliable.
    because lack of junior tournament to justify.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I guess my point was proven this week regarding his highly inaccurate ranking.
    This is not about your point or anything . Even Aya ohori lost. Does it mean she is not talented.. What happened to over hyped He Bingjiao or Qin JInJing?? If they lost in the early rounds, does it mean they are not talented. Oh .. Come on..

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    This is not about your point or anything . Even Aya ohori lost. Does it mean she is not talented.. What happened to over hyped He Bingjiao or Qin JInJing?? If they lost in the early rounds, does it mean they are not talented. Oh .. Come on..
    I never said he wasn't talented, only that his ranking wasn't accurate. In regards to He Bingjiao and Qin, HBJ lost to a Singapore player (probably considered an upset) however, Qin losing to Akane is certainly to be expected. Thing is, the two Chinese players are not ranked number 1 and lost to players that are around them in the "rankings"

    I watched some video on Aditya at last years U19 Asian championships, and I genuinely wasn't impressed. In saying this, he beat some good Indian players at the IC event in India at the end of last year.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I never said he wasn't talented, only that his ranking wasn't accurate. In regards to He Bingjiao and Qin, HBJ lost to a Singapore player (probably considered an upset) however, Qin losing to Akane is certainly to be expected. Thing is, the two Chinese players are not ranked number 1 and lost to players that are around them in the "rankings"

    I watched some video on Aditya at last years U19 Asian championships, and I genuinely wasn't impressed. In saying this, he beat some good Indian players at the IC event in India at the end of last year.
    This happens. Sometimes, we may never know who will upsets whom. Top seed got upset by this japanese lad who is on roll already. He is now in semifinals. Infact, Aditya missed the chance of winning the match when he was in match point and lost eventually to the opponent.

    May be the pressure of being number 1 for the first time in indian history. So, let's not ridicule his loss for some time and let's give him some time to prove himself to the world.

  15. #15
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,583
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation Aditya missed the chance of winning the match when he was in match point

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    This happens. Sometimes, we may never know who will upsets whom. Top seed got upset by this japanese lad who is on roll already. He is now in semifinals. Infact, Aditya missed the chance of winning the match when he was in match point and lost eventually to the opponent.

    May be the pressure of being number 1 for the first time in indian history. So, let's not ridicule his loss for some time and let's give him some time to prove himself to the world.
    .
    Could someone give us the link to the tournament in question?
    .

  16. #16
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I'm not mistaken, the reference is to the Badminton Asia Youth U-19 Championships (which concludes this weekend in Taipei).
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...F-731D221C723F

    Aditya Joshi of India was the top seed in the Under-19 Boys Singles category (BS-U19).
    But he was beaten in the 2nd Round by the unseeded Tsuneyama Kanta of Japan.
    (The top 3 Boys Singles seeds are already out of the competition.)

    As scorpion1 said, Joshi reached match-point in Game 2 before losing it and the decider.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the reference is to the Badminton Asia Youth U-19 Championships (which concludes this weekend in Taipei).
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...F-731D221C723F

    Aditya Joshi of India was the top seed in the Under-19 Boys Singles category (BS-U19).
    But he was beaten in the 2nd Round by the unseeded Tsuneyama Kanta of Japan.
    (The top 3 Boys Singles seeds are already out of the competition.)

    As scorpion1 said, Joshi reached match-point in Game 2 before losing it and the decider.
    Infact, Only joshi was able to give japanese lad a good fight . He stretched that talented opponent to three games. But the japanese did not have to work hard with rest of the players. He has beaten everybody comfortably including the third seed from china Zhao Junpeng easily in two straight games(in the semifinals) and reached the finals of Badminton Asia youth U19 championships 2014.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •