Very off-topic VISA question

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by gummiebirdie, Jun 29, 2005.

1. gummiebirdie

gummiebirdie Regular Member

umm, a friend of mine is going to Vancouver for a business conference next month. She's mainland chinese, with a H1b visa, working in the US right now. I know for H1b visa, when she gets her visa from canada back to the US, she suppose to have a 2-entry VISA, but don't know for how long. Is it for 3-month? or 6-month? please, pleeeeeeeeease help, if you know. cuz I want her to come with me to Japan this fall for a nice trip.... :D

thanksssss thankssss thankssssss sooooo much for anybody who might know this :)

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    What do you mean by a 2-entry visa?

-dave

#2 wood_22_chuck, Jun 29, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  3. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    If your friends H1B visa is within the first 6 years, then H1B itself is multiple entry. For entering into Canada you have to get a canadian Visa & once you are done with your business there, you can always came back to US without special permission, if your H1B is still valid.

4. gummiebirdie

umm, from what she told me, the visa only grant you 2 enties to the US, not unlimited..... some weird things about US and mainland china... :confused:

5. gummiebirdie

umm.... the H1B visa only give her permission to work and stay in the US, but not for going in and out of the country freely. if she's out of the country, she has to get a new VISA with the H1B status she has. I think that's a typical headache only the mainland chinese have to bear.... :confused:

Her H1B status is well inside the 6 year limit, but when she leaves the US to attend the meeting in canada, she'll have to apply for the VISA to come back to the US in Canada, with the H1b status she holds. And at that time, the US embassy or consulate will give her a new VISA of course, but that VISA will only grant her 2 entry rights (meaning she can only use that VISA to enter the US twice) within certin time period. We're trying to find out how long is that period.

It is complicated, i know. but THANKS SOOOOOOO MUCH for helping and your inputs. :) thank you thank you thank you. all the gooood people :rolleyes:

6. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Here's some more info:

-dave

#6 wood_22_chuck, Jun 29, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  7. gummiebirdie

thankssssssssssss [​IMG]

8. gummiebirdie