User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinryu
    It's like being Jedi, except that we've all turned to the Dark Side.
    You got it the wrong way round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    You got it the wrong way round.
    dont know about the chinese S.W. movies but in the west the jedi ppl are the good ones...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    came back from the gym. played almost non-stop from 7.30 till 11pm. completely soaked through 2 t-shirts, completely exhausted and right calf is about to cramp up. but somehow i still managed to hit some really good smashes, my cab21 explodes into the shuttle and gave the most amazing sound.

at the end, i lied down on the floor dripping in sweat, wearing a smile in my face. a perfect badminton day.
    I think you made this post because you know I've been playing less recently.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robin (SWE)
    dont know about the chinese S.W. movies but in the west the jedi ppl are the good ones...
    And he's saying badminton players are the dark side, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think i like the idea of being a jedi badminton player.
    Though i may turn evil and start hitting all the new young people with my old racket and wear a hood while playing. An interesting idea no?

Im really happy because i get to start playing again after about 2 months of no playing . Although my serves have gone to pot and im sure i nearly had a cardiac arrest yesterday after an hours playing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best memory so far was whenI played in a tournament with a friend. Tournament itself didn't go very well (it was just doubles where we lost on second round), but we decided to stay and play some singles. After having played 12 really tough sets in 3+ hours we couldn't even stand up straight - it is scary how addictive sports can be .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pengu1ns
    I think i like the idea of being a jedi badminton player.
    Though i may turn evil and start hitting all the new young people with my old racket and wear a hood while playing. An interesting idea no?
    Well, if a jedi coul block lasers with his weapon, imagine that for badminton-- ultimate deffense.

Plus, added bonus that if your opponent is of weak mind, you can use 'jedi mind tricks' and manipulate them.

I say "Dark Side" because the Jedi are the ones who uphold community, using their powers for good and such. Very non-emotional business. Dark Jedi though tend to do everything a bit too emtionally, and just give into desires for more (power?) and in our case, it'd be more badminton, at the expense, as someone mentioned, of friends, family, gf or bfs, wives and husbands.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by winstonchan
    The Physical Torture is one part we all enjoy, but what about Mental Torture?

We all play 2 times, 3 times, 4 times, even 5 times, 6 times... a week. How many occassions we have to say NO to our parents who wanted us home for dinner, NO to our friends or workmates who asked us out for drinks after work, NO to our girlfriend(s) who asked us out for a movie, NO to our wife who wanted us stay in to look after the kids, NO to our kids who want us to be at home at weekends and play with....

We said NOs to people whom we love, and upsetting them at times or often being inconsiderate. For what...

BADMINTON. It comes with a price, but we all want to pay for it. And may be some of you wear a smile on the face when your wife or girlfriend said YES you can go.
    totally true.

like yesterday at 7pm, i still have a pile of work to do. so i had to decide if i should stay at work and finish them off, or head off to the badminton gym. after much debate with myself, i concluded that work can wait but badminton cannot. so i proceed to play nearly 3 hours of non-stop badminton. the usual sweat soaked t-shirt and total exhaustion. but heck, i made the right choice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default fav sport

I like badminton and is my favorite sport! its actually a sport that im good at, and enjoy ... no specific reason why i play it... lol

-----------------------
    I volunteered at SOS Children's Villages Canada. You can help today with a
    child sponsorship
    ----------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Just for FUN."

That's why I play badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah yes badminton nivana is the best. I go through about 5 soaked t-shirts about a 9-10 hour non stop badminton session. Darn these new 14/7 badminton gyms all over the bay area.!! I think i have completely neglected alot of my work and just play play play , even when im like totally exhausted. In fact its gone to the point where my gf is with me everyday now... not "spending quality time" but PLAYING BADMINTON. someone help me!! im slowly submitting to the dark side. Soon ill be a tainted jedi. A sith lord!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Because Volleyball is Too Slow - LOL

Badminton: More than just gym class activity
    Petaluma High coach describes team sport as 'playing chess at 90 miles per hour'
    By NATHAN WRIGHT
    FOR THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

Most students at Petaluma High School play badminton in physical education classes. But for a small group, the sport is much more than a few weeks in gym class.

Coach Jill Jones says players remain in her program until they graduate, and some come back to help her coach a new generation of players.

"I get a wide variety of kids," she said. "Many of them don't usually go out for any other sport but badminton, and for those who do play other sports it's to try something different."

Jones believes there are many reasons students fall in love with the sport.

"I describe badminton as playing chess at 90 miles per hour," she said. "You need to think ahead and plan ahead while the bird is coming at you at incredible speeds. It's also great exercise."

And no one is turned away from the team.

For competitions, Jones fields a varsity and junior varsity team. Each team includes boys' and girls' singles, boys' and girls' doubles, and mixed doubles.

Players not on the varsity and junior varsity team are invited to attend competitions and play once the official matches are over.

"We play until we run out of time," Jones said.

Current and former players share many of the same reasons for participating.

"It's a lot harder than most people think it is," said junior Kelly Behm, who is in her third year on the team. "You have to work really hard to develop your technique and to get in shape to play. It feels good to win after working so hard."

Behm, who also plays volleyball, says she was looking for a springtime sport when she tried out for the team her freshman year.

She liked what she found and has dedicated herself to the sport ever since.

"You don't have to really tryout, everyone makes it," she said. "I like that there's not a lot of pressure, and everyone gets to play."

Amy Bettencourt, a former player who graduated in 2000, is helping coach the team this season.

"I fell in love with the sport," she said. "Since my freshman year, it was always my thing."

Many, according to Bettencourt, don't give the sport the respect it deserves.

"They come out thinking it's going to be an easy sport, and it's a lot more work than they expect."

Casey Thompson, another former player, also found his way back to his old coach.

"I went out to visit one day, and it all came back," he said. "It was just as fun as I remembered it, and I told her I'd be out there every day to help her out."

Now 24, Thompson is enjoying working with the new generation of players.

"It's fun coming back and seeing kids going through the same growing process that I did as a kid," he said.

The Trojans play in the North Bay League against other Sonoma County high schools that offer badminton programs, including Casa Grande, Maria Carrillo and Piner.

The team opened its season Tuesday with a loss against Piner, but Behm is optimistic about this year's team.

"We're pretty good," she said. "I think we'll do OK this year."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lying on the ground while soaking in sweat after a great game indeed does feel good
    putting that aside, the best feeling i get while playing is when i jump smash. like at the highest point of my jump, just right before i hit the shuttle there's this feeling of flying and i'm addicted to that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing badminton for few hours, have a long shower, relaxing for a little while, before you go to bed with that tired, but feeling great stage... when the wife/girlfriend gives you the ***nudge nudge.***

Ah, a very good day. A very good day indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes, the shower afterwards feels just as rewarding as the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup badminton is an addiction you cant say no, you cant stay from it, you get irritated easily when your not able to play for a day. people you love gets angry with you b'cuz you have no more time for them, but you love them even more if they allow you whole heartedly, you do your work fast so that you could leave the office quickly to go to the courts, sometimes you tell your boss your sick but actually its b'cuz of body pain caused by playing too much badminton (is there such a thing as too much badminton? ) i usually play 3-6 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. after sweating it all out, you just sit down, think about your good and bad shots (at the same time thinking of what your going to do the next day you play baddy again) feel the heat being released by your body, you watch your sweat drip to the floor, trying to figure it out if you could fill a bucket with your sweat, having a hot shower and after that eating like theres no tomorrow, dats why we play badminton

......you dont know the power of the dark side...(darth vaders heavy breathing)
    Last edited by glencomienda111; 03-18-2006 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I play singles it is also like putting myself in a meditative state. I am alone fighting to make my shots fall where I want them to fall. I guess I like the offense much better than playing the defense. It is totally addictive; the sweetness of getting the shuttle fall right on the line or to make it just dribble over the net chord. I have played many sports, but nothing comes close to enjoyment I get from playing badminton.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast