Is a racket in Asia cheaper

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Akatsuki, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Regular Member

My friend keeps on telling me that in Vietname, Thailand... Yonex racket are a lot cheaper, is that true?? Can you guy me some prices?? I live in the US (so give me number in USD $$ please). I know that the good racket over here, as well as japan cost about 200$.
    Thank you

2. daijoobu

daijoobu Regular Member

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    In a lot of Asian region, some top end yonex rackets (real one) cost about 25-40% cheaper than in US, if u find the right place and right deal. ;) However, fake it much worse of a problem over there, and u have to consider possible shipping, duty tax charges. Also, warranty is a big concern as well. ;)

4. J_M_V

J_M_V Regular Member

Sales
    If you have a friend going to Bangkok then it is worthwhile to ask him/her to buy you a racquet while there - e.g. WTC's Yonex shop in Bangkok is easy to find. You can easily get almost all Yonex TH coded models with less than 100 USD. Holiday locations such as Phuket seldom have high-end stuff, so I'd avoid buying from there. Also I think it isn't that easy to find a 100 % genuine stuff selling shop from other locations (than Bangkok) - person who's not into badminton might not be able to tell a fake from a real one. Also be aware that importing a lot of racquets might get you in trouble in customs...

5. White_trash

White_trash Regular Member

Talbot Torro

kind'a offtopic, but still...: could people give me some price quotes of their respective regions for a Talbot Torro Iso Power 911 C4Ti (or the new Colin Haughton version... or are they the same). Just for comparison...

#5 White_trash, Jul 2, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2005