User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Unofficial tourney ?? In that case, ask them to cancel the Asian Games every 4 years Save money for Athletes.

Yet, Team China still put a heavy emphasis on success in Asian Games
    yes, thats true.
    AG = unofficial tourney of BWF.
    just the same with Invitational World Cup & Commonwealth Games

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, it's got to be the Olympics, followed by the All-England, and then the World Championships. I still think the WC has lost some of its appeal since it became an annual event, i wish they would change it back to bi-annual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winston_T View Post
    in MS, only Yang Yang
    Now here is something that I agree with you. He is one of the greatest players.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Olympic Gold
    2. WC
    3. AE
    This 3 is the ultimate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How about this idea??..

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    For me, it's got to be the Olympics, followed by the All-England, and then the World Championships. I still think the WC has lost some of its appeal since it became an annual event, i wish they would change it back to bi-annual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    1. Olympic Gold
    2. WC
    3. AE
    This 3 is the ultimate.
    ..keep Olympics, as is....but bump up the World Championships to a tri-annual event and then AE to a bi-annual event....Now, that would really put the 3 events as the Grand Slam events of badminton..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..keep Olympics, as is....but bump up the World Championships to a tri-annual event and then AE to a bi-annual event....Now, that would really put the 3 events as the Grand Slam events of badminton..
    hahaha, the AE shouldn't be changed, it's been going on for over 100 years, i'm sure they'll want to keep this traditional going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hector View Post
    IMHO, to be considered true grand slam winner, you must win these events

a) Olympic Gold
    b) Thomas/Uber Cup
    c) World Championships
    d) All-England
    I agree...

in MS, only Yang Yang
    Yang Yang never won the real Olympic Gold [starting in 1992]!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does YY compare with LD? As far as I know, both of them had won WC twice, and AE.

And who won more grand prix?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up taufik hidayat

Future Grandslam Winner will be Taufik Hidayat (until he wins AE, hopefully this yr):
    - World Championship (1 gold 2005, 1 bronze 2001)
    - All England (2 runner ups 1999, 2000)
    - Asian Games Individual (2 Golds, 2002 and 2006)
    - Olympic (1 Gold, 2004)

Not to mention that he is the first player ever who held 2 big titles at the same time (olympic and WC)..yeah..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Taufik

Quote Originally Posted by bh185008 View Post
    Future Grandslam Winner will be Taufik Hidayat (until he wins AE, hopefully this yr):
    - World Championship (1 gold 2005, 1 bronze 2001)
    - All England (2 runner ups 1999, 2000)
    - Asian Games Individual (2 Golds, 2002 and 2006)
    - Olympic (1 Gold, 2004)

Not to mention that he is the first player ever who held 2 big titles at the same time (olympic and WC)..yeah..
    No doubt Taufik will be considered one of the all time greats!
    Yeah, only the All England title eludes him... He better do it soon, otherwise he will be too old... [maybe he is already too old...] Prove to us that you're not a 'has-been', Taufik!

A few months ago, I met Taufik in a Jakarta dance-club [where else can we meet Taufik off-court?!? ], I actually told him that I wish he shall win the Olympic gold medal 2 times. He just nodded and smiled, but did not say anything. [I guess he doesn't want to make promises he probably cannot deliver...]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

A few months ago, I met Taufik in a Jakarta dance-club [where else can we meet Taufik off-court?!? ], I actually told him that I wish he shall win the Olympic gold medal 2 times. He just nodded and smiled, but did not say anything. [I guess he doesn't want to make promises he probably cannot deliver...]

hehe agree with you Krisna....a few months ago he was still in dance club (thought he already stopped..coz of the baby etc)..

talking about the doubles player....Ricky/Rexy definetely a legend too bad they never win Sea Games.......they won 2 Asian Games...and the different of this pair with Candra Wijaya is Candra him self has never win Asian Games title(won individual SEA Games double and mixed 1997)..tony and sigit has never won Asian Games as well....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bh185008 View Post
    talking about the doubles player....Ricky/Rexy definetely a legend too bad they never win Sea Games.......they won 2 Asian Games...and the different of this pair with Candra Wijaya is Candra him self has never win Asian Games title(won individual SEA Games double and mixed 1997)..tony and sigit has never won Asian Games as well....
    Psst....don't talk so much about Asian Games. One guy here already mentioned that Asian Games is an unofficial tourney which is therefore NOT IMPORTANT So, Taufik's 2 Golds in the Asian Games are worth nothing u see....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psst....don't talk so much about Asian Games. One guy here already mentioned that Asian Games is an unofficial tourney which is therefore NOT IMPORTANT So, Taufik's 2 Golds in the Asian Games are worth nothing u see....
    Quotes from 2cents (taken from IBF still thins Lee HI the top player while Chen Hong not)

Smaller scaled means smaller entries. I knew and also said Taufik won Asian games. He needed only 4 matches (think about it one more time, just 4 matches ) to win the Asian games, in fact, which means the best of only 16 players.

Larger scaled tournaments, like all England, used to be more than 80 entries, and at least 6 matches to claim the title. With the introduction of super series, all tournaments become smaller scaled than before, but still larger than Asian games and Olympics.

I really think that my thoughts are so common and natural, although so many people here don't agree. If in any other sports, other than badminton, the more prize money, the more important of the tournament; the more entries, the better of the tournament; the more high ranked players, the higher level of the tournament. How come here in badminton, everything's upside down? Asian game? what a joke!!! without any European players, without world number 2 Chen Hong, without world number 4 Chen Jin, without world number 7 Chen Yu, without Sony, without Roslin, even they are all Asians, but has players playing with Hijab in the top 16! How can you rate such a joke game as the best tournament? Olympic is the same joke but in a little bit larger scale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    No doubt Taufik will be considered one of the all time greats!
    Yeah, only the All England title eludes him... He better do it soon, otherwise he will be too old... [maybe he is already too old...] Prove to us that you're not a 'has-been', Taufik!

one of the all time greats?
    ARE U JOKING?!
    almost 2 yrs since his last title in Ina 06.
    seems it's very hard for TH to win an int'l title
    u still wanna say he is the best?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care who that guy is who said the Asian Games is not important... But from what I know, Asian Games medals are very important for the Indonesian government, thus, they help give Rp 10 billion to PBSI [our national badminton body] through KONI [our national sports body]. Funds in the amount of Rp 10 billion is important to fund travelling expenses to tournamanents for the youngsters [such as the large contingent of INA youngsters going to the German Open this week]...

So even though the Asian Games is frankly not part of the 4 Grand Slams, but hey... it is important [at least for INA badminton]...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olympic is the same joke but in a little bit larger scale.
    LOL....quoting from someone who thinks that Olympics is a joke too . Well then....we know what u mean really

In that case dude, let the second-stringers play for China at the Olympics...its only another "joke" tournament

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one of the all time greats?
    ARE U JOKING?!
    almost 2 yrs since his last title in Ina 06.
    seems it's very hard for TH to win an int'l title
    u still wanna say he is the best?
    Ok, remember, this thread is not about the all time greats, but about the Grand Slam of badminton [which are indicators of all time greats]. So, I will entertain your comment a little bit, but not too much, Winston...

Yes I am serious about considering Taufik as one of the all time greats in MS badminton... Taufik has won:
    - Thomas Cup
    - Olympic MS Gold
    - World Championship MS Title

Yes, not in the past 2 years... but how many other MS players have achieved these feats in their careers?!? Out of more than 1,000,000++ professional MS in the past 50 years, how many?

Oh, by the way, Taufik won the 2007 Asian Championship title in April 2007.... Your claim that Taufik did not win any international title since INA Open 2006 is plainly not true.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast