Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winston_T View Post
    one of the all time greats?
    ARE U JOKING?!
    Well, he DID win the BIGGEST titles in badminton so far....the Thomas Cup, Olympics and the World Championships. If he's not among the all-time greats, I am not sure which category he belongs too

Lin Dan...sorry dude...come back next August to proclaim that he's the greatest of all. That is of course if he can win the gold in Beijing. God forbides him losing out, which u will then blame that on the Chen Hong or Chen Yu or Xia Xuanze factor again

So far, unfortunately, he still has yet to qualify. U see...he still misses out on that piece of gold that Taufik so luckily won 4 years ago
    Last edited by badMania; 02-28-2008 at 03:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    LOL....quoting from someone who thinks that Olympics is a joke too . Well then....we know what u mean really

In that case dude, let the second-stringers play for China at the Olympics...its only another "joke" tournament
    He he he... whoever says the Olympics is a joke should just be the President of their country's badminton association [as long as it is not INA]! With jokers like that in leading their country's badminton development, INA will have an easier time getting the Olympic gold medals. We take the Olympics very seriously...
    Last edited by Krisna; 02-28-2008 at 03:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, he DID win the BIGGEST titles in badminton so far....the Thomas Cup, Olympics and the World Championships. If he's not among the all-time greats, I am not sure which category he belongs too

Lin Dan...sorry dude...come back next August to proclaim that he's the greatest of all. That is of course if he can win the gold in Beijing. God forbides him losing out, which u will then blame that on the Chen Hong or Chen Yu or Xia Xuanze factor again

So far, unfortunately, he still has yet to qualify. U see...he still misses out on that piece of gold that Taufik so luckily won 4 years ago
    badMania, my friend... we always think alike eh? You posted something that is almost the same thing as what I wrote only a few minutes apart... We must have written around the same time...

I don't know this guy who thinks Asian Games and the Olympics is a joke, but [if he is not Indonesian], we should support him to become the next top leader in his country's badminton movement, don't you think? I like his priority settings... He will let INA win more golds voluntarily... Ooh, I like this guy [as long as he is not from INA]...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    badMania, my friend... we always think alike eh? You posted something that is almost the same thing as what I wrote only a few minutes apart... We must have written around the same time...

I don't know this guy who thinks Asian Games and the Olympics is a joke, but [if he is not Indonesian], we should support him to become the next top leader in his country's badminton movement, don't you think? I like his priority settings... He will let INA win more golds voluntarily... Ooh, I like this guy [as long as he is not from INA]...

Haha....thanks for your compliment
    I believe Winston is/used to be an Indonesian, since he claimed that his brother is in Indonesia and read Jawa Post

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He he he... whoever says the Olympics is a joke should just be the President of their country's badminton association [as long as it is not INA]!
    I fully support Winston to run for the China Badminton headship!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If only money matters, then the 4 Grand Slam of international Badminton are maybe:
    • China Open Superseries [US$ 250,000 this year?]
    • China Master Superseries [US$ 250,000 this year?]
    • Korea Open Superseries [US$ 300,000]
    • Indonesian Open Superseries [US$ 250,000]
    • ...if the Superseries finals ever takes place [US$ 500,000 this year?]
    Thomas Cup = joke
    Uber Cup = joke
    Sudirman Cup = joke
    BWF World Championship = joke
    Asian Games = joke
    Olympic Games = joke
    All have tournaments that have no prize money = joke

Only money matters! = no joke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

haha...i totally agree with you Krisna and Badmania...

if asian games and olympic is a joke......then why was Lin Dan trying so hard to win both of them?? hehehe..eventually he lost to a better player...Taufik Hidayat...also........we can also try to ask Lin Dan...(through his blog) get his opinion about Olympic and Asian Games....if Lin Dan says Olympic and Asian games are jokes...then he must be Joking......

Also to answer Winston T enquiries about Asian Games (why there were no players like Chen Hong, Chen Jin, Roslin)....coz...Whoever represents the country for this type of event are the best players selected...why worry about them not playing in Asian Games Taufik has already beat them before anyway....also in Asian Games 2006 (Taufik beat Bao Chun Lai in QF, Lee Chong Wei SF and Lin Dan in the Final all STRAIGHT SETS).....c' mon man......be realistic here...He beat world number 1, 2 and 4 in straight sets.....and you think he is no Legend.........NO OFFENCE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bh185008 View Post
    c' mon man......be realistic here...He beat world number 1, 2 and 4 in straight sets.....and you think he is no Legend.........NO OFFENCE
    Hah, exactly... quality over quantity! Although if you ask me, three players in the top 5 is quality AND quantity !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, remember, this thread is not about the all time greats, but about the Grand Slam of badminton [which are indicators of all time greats]. So, I will entertain your comment a little bit, but not too much, Winston...

Yes I am serious about considering Taufik as one of the all time greats in MS badminton... Taufik has won:
    - Thomas Cup
    - Olympic MS Gold
    - World Championship MS Title

Yes, not in the past 2 years... but how many other MS players have achieved these feats in their careers?!? Out of more than 1,000,000++ professional MS in the past 50 years, how many?

Oh, by the way, Taufik won the 2007 Asian Championship title in April 2007.... Your claim that Taufik did not win any international title since INA Open 2006 is plainly not true.
    not only 3 titles, Yang Yang had ever won the other 2 titles.

Thomas Cup
    All England
    World Championships
    World Grand Prix Final
    Olympics 1988

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it isn't me. read again my post. quotes from 2cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha...i totally agree with you Krisna and Badmania...

if asian games and olympic is a joke......then why was Lin Dan trying so hard to win both of them?? hehehe..eventually he lost to a better player...Taufik Hidayat...also........we can also try to ask Lin Dan...(through his blog) get his opinion about Olympic and Asian Games....if Lin Dan says Olympic and Asian games are jokes...then he must be Joking......

Also to answer Winston T enquiries about Asian Games (why there were no players like Chen Hong, Chen Jin, Roslin)....coz...Whoever represents the country for this type of event are the best players selected...why worry about them not playing in Asian Games Taufik has already beat them before anyway....also in Asian Games 2006 (Taufik beat Bao Chun Lai in QF, Lee Chong Wei SF and Lin Dan in the Final all STRAIGHT SETS).....c' mon man......be realistic here...He beat world number 1, 2 and 4 in straight sets.....and you think he is no Legend.........NO OFFENCE
    as I said it before, Lin Dan is eager to win any titles in badminton!
    even though the title was not important, still, he want to win!

I never said that LD doesn't motivated to win AG, but most of TH's fans always considered AG is a big event.

he is not like Taufik. a very selective player. consider he can't win the WC 07 title, he said that "World Meet losing prestige". hmm, another trick from TH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree...

Yang Yang never won the real Olympic Gold [starting in 1992]!
    it's only about the Olympics status; Demonstration Olympics or Official Olympics.

at least, only 1 OG was held in Seoul 1988, and Yang Yang won it. in another words it can say that : Yang Yang won the Olympics gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care who that guy is who said the Asian Games is not important... But from what I know, Asian Games medals are very important for the Indonesian government, thus, they help give Rp 10 billion to PBSI [our national badminton body] through KONI [our national sports body]. Funds in the amount of Rp 10 billion is important to fund travelling expenses to tournamanents for the youngsters [such as the large contingent of INA youngsters going to the German Open this week]...

So even though the Asian Games is frankly not part of the 4 Grand Slams, but hey... it is important [at least for INA badminton]...
    oh, I forgot the most important thing!

not only AG gold, even Indonesia want SEA Games gold medal badly!

yes, they are so proud to whitewash SEA Games 7 golds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not absolutely right!
    it depends to head coach decision.
    even though LYB was very successful, but he is only a human. he also can made a mistake!
    once again, blame the regulation. not LYB!

also, Sony was absence in AG 06, but he can defeat TH in Ina's National Championships just 2 weeks before AG. that's why COOLER said, OG, WC, AG & ABC are not a true competitive contests!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    For now, I would go with just three:
    The Olympic Games
    The World Championships
    The All England Open

If a better line-judging system were in place , I'd include five more:
    The China Open
    The Malaysia Open
    The Indonesia Open
    The Denmark Open
    The Japan Open

Win any two to make a Slam
    Win any five to make a Grand Slam
    Win all eight to make a Super Grand Slam

Hinging a 'Grand Slam' on either the Asian Games or the Commonwealth Games (or on both) wouldn't make for an ideal rating.

Without Denmark, England and the US, the Asian Games can't be accepted as a fair acknowledgement of supremacy in competition.

And without China, the Commonwealth Games is a heavily degraded field. For instance, Li Li of Singapore was a gold medallist.

Well...
    thanx, moderator!

two thumbs up for u!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, remember, this thread is not about the all time greats, but about the Grand Slam of badminton [which are indicators of all time greats]. So, I will entertain your comment a little bit, but not too much, Winston...

Yes I am serious about considering Taufik as one of the all time greats in MS badminton... Taufik has won:
    - Thomas Cup
    - Olympic MS Gold
    - World Championship MS Title

Yes, not in the past 2 years... but how many other MS players have achieved these feats in their careers?!? Out of more than 1,000,000++ professional MS in the past 50 years, how many?

Oh, by the way, Taufik won the 2007 Asian Championship title in April 2007.... Your claim that Taufik did not win any international title since INA Open 2006 is plainly not true.
    as an Indonesian, TH never won Ina's original trophy, Sudirman Cup!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unofficial tourney ?? In that case, ask them to cancel the Asian Games every 4 years Save money for Athletes.

Yet, Team China still put a heavy emphasis on success in Asian Games
    China, Korea, and Japan have not put a heavy emphasis on success in AG.
    they already won more than 300 golds each until AG 06.

but, Indonesia put a heavy emphasis on success, not only in AG, but also in SEA Games. even Malaysia didn't sends their first team player to SEAG 2007.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast