Gopi Lost!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Yogi, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I think Peter is in to the final ! Gopi lost to Lou BADLY! Gopi never comprehended teh seven point system neither The shuttle! The shuttle was Very very Quick!

The commentator was mentioning that The shuttle was too fast for any International standard player. Gader on his Post match review on His site has very clearly said that Gopi will fancy his chances agst Lou as he is a way better net player. But Today Gopi was not even able to exhibit 1% of his great Net play that we have seen! I guess he found the shuttle to be too fast for him to control. He complained to the umpire and tested a coupel of them!

But that is no Damn excuse as Lou played with the same shuttle! I guess Control players like henderwan adn Gopi have come to their End as Their Games totally dont support The 7 point system!

I guess It is so sad to know that Plp Like Gopi and Henderwan teh Best guile players cant stand a chance In teh 7 point system1

Coming to think of this, has teh seven Point system Brought iN more viewrship or Tv Times! Has it generated more revenue? I guess The 7 point system was more Like the Increasing teh size of teh ball In Table tennis. Table tennis was too quick for many plp and they made shorter games to Bring in more audiences!

But i think at what cost! Flair and guile. I think the most Interesting adn talented part of the game is being taken out of the game! I think It suits Peter as Gader has always been an Intensity player! He is notthat slow laid back player with lot of time! He is always buzzing arnd in court. He anticipates so well and sometimes badly but then recovers so well. That is why I think out of The Best four oldies out there he made the fastest adn swiftest change! Hong,Henderwan or Gopi have not won any Tournaments in 7 point system.

I think After Peter there will be no Player who can fight fair and Square agst the Chinese! Chinese Just have Factory which will produce players for any system o fteh game. If the game becomes 5*9 then there will eb a new set of players who will dominate! Even so for the 11*5.

I think The game has become faster. But that is going to have effect on players. Faster Burn outs. We have to wait and watch at what cost Baddy Fans are going to pay in the long term! It will never ever produce any player of the great standards.

The golden Era Of Baddy was over after teh 2000 world championships!

2. afan

afan Guest

Thanks,but what the score?

?

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I think most posters here agreed that the new 7x5 system suits the more intense players. I think IBF should retain the old 15x3 system for couple of SE Asia tournaments.

Regarding to Yogi comment on china factory,too bad the cameraman doesn't zoom in on the back of chinese player's head to see if they have the 'Made In China' markings.

4. Johnny

Johnny Guest

He-heh...
    Good one!

5. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

It is 3.30 in India and the maych Just finished! The formalities were over. Gader beat Gopi in 4 sets! The second set was the only set which was watchable! It reminded us of Gopi of yesteryrs!

As i mentioned earlier Teh shuttle was very quick until the Ms Martin match! Pi and Camilia Changed to a much much slower shuttle! what amazed me was when Gopi who is a much stronger player opposed to the spped of the shuttle The refree said play on!

It is very bad to know that there are such Disparities in officiating!

i think sanity prevailed afte rthe shuttle was changed in the Camilia game! Gopi seemed to play better but then gopi was supposed to be training at UK for the past 3 weeks. I think he has Put on weight and he has happily been Bouncing teh desi Babes in UK!

He was damn slow on court adn his reflex was bad! It was either he was worked or He is just losing it! If he was overworked then he would not haev put on weight on his cheeks! I suppose He was making merry with the Indian Women There in UK.

I hope this is atleast a lesson! a disgrace to some Godforsaken guy from china! he took just 2 points! It is like gopi losing to someone 21-2. That is so sad.

Tomm matches will be fun to watch! Jim Today sprained his ankle whikle smashing! I hop ehe i sin his fittest of conditions to play chnadra!

Will post Finals results tomm! Have to go for jogging in 1hrs time!

6. Roger

Roger Guest

Gopi has a bad ankle and has been practising on and off for some time. That probably has a lot to do with his sluggish movements... and the extra weight in his cheeks.He probably didn't want to disappoint the organizers.

I thought he shouldn't have played.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    no wonder he demanded slower shuttles. But in the end, it doesn't really matter, skill and fitness prevail for that match.

8. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Re: gader's racket!

Hey guys did u figure out what racket gade used! It was not lsim 10 or the Mp 77! It was a Iso racket and black in color! Has red letterings on It! Is it something New!

Did u guys have the Priveledge of watching Peter play the best ever Cheeky shot That anyone has ever player at a International Tournament! He played a Inside out forheand on the Backhand side for a cross court winner!

He finshed the match with that Point! Man Peter is good but then I think he was a trifle slow agst Gopi yesterday! Let us hope he wins this thing! That malayasina is Smashing His heartt out!

9. Johnny

Johnny Guest

Yes I saw that shot too!! Simply fantastic!
    And furthermore he had the nerve to play it on the very shot in the match. Gopi didn't look too happy about it neither, he was caught on the wrong leg.

It's shots like that which make badminton so fun to watch!

10. Johnny

Johnny Guest

...very LAST shot...

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor

i had the chance to watch Gopi's match again Marleve in the hm... i think ABC this year. what a contrast between that and the All England.

Gopi was facing his own medicine, but from Marleve instead. master of deception that Gopi was, he was no match to the higher degree of Marleve. numerous times has Gopi been caught wrong footed by Marleve. and Marleve was immuned to Gopi's trick shots.

at the end of that match, Gopi was rather speechless.

btw, Gade mentioned his trick shot in his website. he said he has been practicing that for 3 years! i can't wait to get the tapes...... i wonder how the Chinese and Indonesian coach are scratching their head now.

12. AS

AS Guest

Re: from which torny?????

Help me out guys. From which tournament is all this info being posted?? And where can i get a hold of the tape??

Thanks

13. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Gader

Hey in his site he said he has been trying it for 3 months! not 3 yrs!

14. Johnny

Johnny Guest

Re: Gader

It must be 3 years since in a postmatch interview Gade said he had considered using the trick in a previous edition of Copenhagen Masters, but he had never gotten the opportunity...

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor

he said <a target=_top href="http://www.petergade.net/sidste_nyt.asp?lang=uk&nyheds_id=116">3 <b>years!</b></a>

16. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Sorry! I did not go back to that site again! I owe u a beer Buddy!

17. mbelinda

mbelinda Guest

Haha...
    Very funny but some how it's true right...