Armortec 700 Sg

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by lyster88, Jul 3, 2005.

1. lyster88

lyster88 New Member

hi guys im new to this forum. . . im looking to get an armortec 700 in singapore. . . roughly wad kind of price range should i look out for? planning to get it at the bras brasah place. . .which shop would you recommend?

and btw how do u look out for fakes? and does the country of manufacture affect the performance and durability of the racquets(besides china) ?

thanks =)

2. lyster88

lyster88 New Member

o ya and could also someone tell me if there is any significant difference between the apacs armorpower series and this?

3. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

Ya the design is different...the no. of grommets are different...so i think the tension lost higher in Yonex as compared to the Apacs ones....also i think the Apacs one is no as head heavy as the Yonex ones

4. lyster88

lyster88 New Member

o okie thanks vince. . . what about the durability of the racquets? is the apacs one reliable? im uncertain on which one to get. . . is the yonex really worth all the money?

5. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

well, i am not sure about the durability of the racquets. But i suggest you buy a apacs one if it is affordable just to try it out and then borrow a yonex one and try it out...feel and compare...then decide if it's necessary to get a yonex one. the apacs one is rather cheap actually...i think around 75RM (Bare racquet without strings or grip or bag....) so still worth to buy to try....of course if you have a elastic budget then just get a yonex one...and if you are not happy with it you can sell it to me on a cheap? ;) :)

6. lyster88

lyster88 New Member

haha good suggestion but my budget does not allow me to buy 2 racquets =) its either one or the other. . . ha. . . so im sorta undecided. . .

7. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

Woah...i dont have the budget to buy a AT700 from yonex lor....if you do have the budget then go for it lor...if you undecided then just flip the coin....

8. lyster88

lyster88 New Member

haha flipping a coin is dumb la! its like lettin a dumb coin deciding ur fate. . . haha. . . somemore later regret then no good. . . so better make a good decision now. . . i think at this unearthly hour only u are awake =)

9. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

Then just go for a AT700 lor..the night is still young

10. lyster88

lyster88 New Member

haha i tink i go down bras basah tomorrow to see see first. . . then decide then. . . which shop u recommend? i hear u talk like everytime go chiong one issit? haha night is still young. . . u how olD?

11. surge

surge Regular Member

can also look at thunderbolt II from proace. exactly like armortec700, even color scheme is the same.

sells for about 120 new w string only. very durable racket.

if you have time to go Jb can go search around. they have thunderbolt one, more even balance and great for doubles...best of all ....after conversion only about S$40. without strings

just to add the thunderbolt series can take rather high tension. i have strung to 26lb on a pacific machine without any problems

12. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I have tried the Thunderbolt II. IMO its a flexible racket as compared to the stiff AT700.

13. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

i dont recommend bras brasah...cos i havent been there...for apacs or proace...go JB cheaper....can also go down to toa payoh safra...there is a shop called classic sports and the boss is mr soh...you can tell him the racquet model and he can order for you...quite reasonable prices...but JB still cheaper...anyway i dont chiong...just that i prefer staying up late to do work...very old so rather not reveal my age..

#13 vince_kan, Jul 3, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2005
  14. surge

surge Regular Member

actually i have not tested the armortec, but against Ti10, thunderbolt is much more heac heavy and produce powerful smash from the same stroke as compared to the TI10, but reaction is a lot slower. i have since sold my thunderbolt cos hardly play singles and my reaction not fast enough to use it for doubles.

15. lyster88

lyster88 New Member

thanks for the suggestions guys. . . anyway i got the armor power 880. . . the one which looks like the armortec 800 offensive. . . still ok la. . . i tink i need to loosen my tension a bit. . .i bought it at bras basah at 85. . . with strings and grip. . . u tink ok? o ya with a racquet bag also. . . =)

#15 lyster88, Jul 4, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  16. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

I got the armour power 850...the one which looks like the armortec 800 def...bought it at JB for 100RM with strings and grip but without bag...but i think the APACS bag looks ordinary anyway...