Is old Yonex Iso TI-Swingpower worth 45$?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Lin Dan-Fan, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Lin Dan-Fan

Lin Dan-Fan Regular Member

Well i just talked to my friend and hes willing to sell his Iso TI-Swingpower i dont know sr or sx w.e BUt i really liked it after trying it out. He offered 45$
    Condition is:Many paint chips and the paint on the shaft is badly damage, old racket =D. The cone is broken and slides up and down the shaft, he currently uses tape to hold it in place. But im confident some tough glue will do the trick. No cover.
    So what do you pros think, and how much is this racket worth in brand new.
    Also im buying this racket to use as replacement for my AT-800 off, i decided to not use it until i get more skills.

2. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    even though i not a pro, but i gona tell u tat, DONT BUY. Not worth it. If i were u, i go buy a new racket instead. For ur info, Iso TI-SwingPower sells ard S$354 in singapore sportslink.

3. Lin Dan-Fan

354$? In what currency? Because 354$ in singapore currency=200+ US DOLLARS :eek:

#3 Lin Dan-Fan, Jul 4, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  4. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Yup, it is in Singapore Dollars. mayb u can try other racket as well...

5. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

am I not reading correctly? 45$ for a Ti SP? I'd buy 10 for 45$! cone can be fixed easily by adding some glue. even new racquets, the cone is not glued on very tightly to the handle.

6. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    "Many paint chips and the paint on the shaft is badly damage,..."

From the condition mentioned above, even if it's $20 USD, I wouldn't even try it. It might break in several possible ways within a short time.

7. Lin Dan-Fan

Well its only the paint thats damage, not the actuall racket so i dont think it would break easily.
    What do you mean by that, is it a good deal or horrible deal.

8. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

i think it's a pretty good deal, as long as it's only paint chips with no cracks. it's retails ~150-180$US (depending on region) new at stores. It won't be any different in performance.

Is the cone intact? or cracked? If cone is cracked, that may cause some problems, as the shaft/wooden handle junction may start to deterioate. If intact, can simply glue it and it shouldn't cause much problems.

#8 jsunsun, Jul 5, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  9. seiphor195

seiphor195 Regular Member

wow i didn't know it's taht expensive in US. Well consider Yonex Canada doesn't even produce it anymore. hahaa I am still tryign to sell it for aroudn $140 CAD or ~110US. anyone interested?

10. Lin Dan-Fan

Yea the cone is intact, im going to the fed with my friend today and im giving it a final try. Since it cost so much brand new i decided its a good deal. But first i got to check for any cracks, and the cone is still intact. If all goes well i'll buy it.
    By the way thanks for all your inputs =D I love this badminton forum.

11. Lin Dan-Fan

Well after using the racket, i first use my At-800 off and won the first match, than i switched to the Iso Ti SP from my friend and my drops and smashes went in to the net alot o_O I guess i wasnt used to it, but afterward i slid up the broken cone and discovered the wooden part of the cone had a small crack :eek:, this crack in the cone can result in the shaft coming off the handle.
    So lesson learned, when ever buying a racket inspect it carefully =D.

12. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

the crack on the wooden handle/shaft junction can increase in size as time goes by. also, that often causes annoying creeking sounds as you swing. however, despite that, the shaft is generally quite securely fastened to the handle and through the bottom of the shaft, so don't have to worry much about the graphite frame flying out of the handle. it you can get it down to 30$, i wouldn't hesitate buying it, and would be a fun project in fixing it up.