User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New shoes or New racket? Help!

I have already chosen the racket I plan to buy thanks to the guys in the other forum. Right now, I just realized that I don't have badminton shoes.
    My present shoes are nike running shoes which I have had no problem for the past 10 months. Do you think I should buy new shoes or a racquet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoes! It's clearly shoes.

I think as Kwun said somewhere in one of his articles, shoes are the number one piece of badminton equipment. Assuming your racket will suffice for now? What racket are you using?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azwok
    Shoes! It's clearly shoes.

I think as Kwun said somewhere in one of his articles, shoes are the number one piece of badminton equipment. Assuming your racket will suffice for now? What racket are you using?
    Yes, I have read that. My shoes are still working fine though. I haven't had any injuries or anything like. I'm using the Ti601 which is 2U! I'm more of an offensive person and this racquet is fit for the opposite.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having a good pair of fitting shoes is more important than having a nice racquet. Ever had your joints or limbs compromised by poor racquet purchase? So why are you still talking about your racquet in THE CLOTHING forum?

You may not be feeling it now, but wearing suitable shoes becomes more crucial as your rally pacing increases. Your Nike running shoes might do ok for now, but sooner or later you're gonna hurt yourself as your feet movement become faster and more multi-drectional. Running shoes are designed for long distance running... which badminton is not. Your ankles won't be protected from sudden pivoting moves you make on the court.

Check out Yonex SHB 89s and 98s. If you're abit on the heavier side (170lbs or more), you will need more cushion/shock dispersion features for your joints... ASICS or Mizuno vb shoes provides it better than YY shoes. On a budget? Check out Hi-Tec squash/baddy shoes, they're cheap and provide decent cushions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Having a good pair of fitting shoes is more important than having a nice racquet. Ever had your joints or limbs compromised by poor racquet purchase? So why are you still talking about your racquet in THE CLOTHING forum?

You may not be feeling it now, but wearing suitable shoes becomes more crucial as your rally pacing increases. Your Nike running shoes might do ok for now, but sooner or later you're gonna hurt yourself as your feet movement become faster and more multi-drectional. Running shoes are designed for long distance running... which badminton is not. Your ankles won't be protected from sudden pivoting moves you make on the court.

Check out Yonex SHB 89s and 98s. If you're abit on the heavier side (170lbs or more), you will need more cushion/shock dispersion features for your joints... ASICS or Mizuno vb shoes provides it better than YY shoes. On a budget? Check out Hi-Tec squash/baddy shoes, they're cheap and provide decent cushions.
    Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. You're probably right that I should buy new shoes instead. Still, I want to rid myself from this 2U Oval!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoes should be the #1 important factor, regarding to equipment purchase. It not only helps ur performance, more important, is to prevent injury. Don't have problem now, does not mean the small issues are not building up, and certainly can't prevent worse injuries in the future.

I hope I realized such issues several yrs earlier...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHOES! NO SHOES NO BADMINTON. You can always ask someone to lend u a racket. A pair of shoe must be your #1 priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoes.

And besides, no injuries is the point of shoes--- if you've already had one it'd be too late already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what racket are you planning on getting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok...I was one of those that thinks my pair of running or cross trainign shoes are fine for badminton. That is until recently i almost twisted my angle twice in a week. And once my foot slips alil bit and i felt my knee pinning against my legbone or w.e but it hurted really bad. I fear some more of these and ima need surgery. So if ur racket is decent buy a pair of shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, since alot of people say shoes, shoes it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It always the shoes. In Basketball ... IT MUST BE THE SHOES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah.. after reading all the posts here.. its kinda clear that you should score new shoes, buddy..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keith_aquino
    I have already chosen the racket I plan to buy thanks to the guys in the other forum. Right now, I just realized that I don't have badminton shoes.
    My present shoes are nike running shoes which I have had no problem for the past 10 months. Do you think I should buy new shoes or a racquet?
    A pair of good badminton shoe will prevent you get injure. Think this way, if you have injure your ankle, do you think you still can play a good game????

For me, good shoe come first then, a good racquet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO, shoes!

You're lucky you haven't experienced any injury given that you've been using runnign shoes. I've seen quite a number of players injure their ankles or knees after using running shoes (because of the way running shoes are made, they're not good for lateral movement).
    Last edited by MikeJ; 07-12-2005 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about prince shoes, btw?
    For example PRINCE NFS INDOOR III (described as a great squash shoe, so should pretty much suit for badminton, has great looks too, to my mind )... has anyone used it or knows anybody using?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by White_trash
    What about prince shoes, btw?
    For example PRINCE NFS INDOOR III (described as a great squash shoe, so should pretty much suit for badminton, has great looks too, to my mind )... has anyone used it or knows anybody using?
    Nah, I'm thinking of Yonex or Nike.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast