Re-stringing in Reading, Berks

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by jcl49, Jul 5, 2005.

1. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

Hi
    could some kind person please share their information regarding whether there are any cheap restringing places in Reading. I currently use the Racquet Shop (Shinfield Rd), but it is quite dear at £17 (labour+string).

Thanks in advance,
    jl

2. Penders

Penders New Member

Cheaper restringing service in Reading?

Yeah, I've been using the same place, down Shinfield Rd. I think they used to be £15 not so long ago - went up a couple of quid the last time I went. If you belong to a club, you might be able to get a 10% / 15% discount - maybe?

I've heard of another place in Henley (not sure just where though - I can find out, some others in the club use it) - but I think they are about the same price.

Pity the Racket/Racquet (?) shop won't redo just the odd string - I had a string go just a few months after having had the whole thing done.

Don't know if the University / Students Union / Wolfenden Sports Centre offer any kind of restringing service?

HHhmmm, a cheaper restringing service does need to be sort I feel, sorry I couldn't be of any more help... anyone else any idea?

Andy