24 cross strings

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by wwcbro, Jul 7, 2005.

1. wwcbro

wwcbro Regular Member

Any thoughts as to the effect this? Aside from the grommets and image, what other negetive aspects? Went to pick up my racquet from Impulse Sports in Rmd and that is what I found. 24 s**t cross strings. Couldn't even give the staff s*+@#$hit as no one want to own up. And the manager is not in. Have to wait 1 day to get hold of him..Aahhh..the bliss of waiting one day to vent your anger.

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Ahhhh, the stringer hit the jack pot and gave you 24 cross strings :D. If your racquet is not cracked and bent out of shape, you should use it. The string bed should feel stiffer than the regular one with 22 cross strings.

3. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Depends on the racquet make and model.
    And what tension did you ask for?

Someone gave me a Fleet iso-head racquet to restring.
    (Fleet is part of Yehlex I think)
    When I received it, it still had the original string in, and it had 25 crosses.
    I emailed Fleet to ask about the number of crosses and they said
    "We use 25, other people put 23, it's up to the stringer"

Go figure :rolleyes:

4. kklam

kklam Regular Member

engineer
    Did they charge you extra for that? You get more string and they have to do more work. :rolleyes:

Why don't you get the racquet strung by Winex West Can?

KK

5. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Hey wwcbro, did you ever use up that free-stringing coupon from Flex Pro? 25 crosses? That's funneee!

-dave

6. justin2net

justin2net Regular Member

I got my new MP99 a week ago from Tad's in Vancouver while I was visiting (its a CP). Gary told me that he strings most of the customers racquets with 24 crosses, especially people who like their racquets at high tension and with thin delicate string like the one I'm using (bg85 at 23x25). It deters breakage when I make a mishit around the top of the frame. I'll post some pictures l8r...

btw, does anybody know tad's sporting goods email? gary's? because I need to ask him if he has a cp/cn ns8k...maybe...

7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Are you sure, they are CP racquets?

8. wwcbro

wwcbro Regular Member

Charge extra? Hahaa..very funny. Nope, just the usual but the point here is, I never request for the additional 2 strings. It sure looks weird. Anyway, I have the manager cut the string & have it restrung. As for the reason of not having WWC restrung them....maybe I just want to see how it felt to have a $10k Babolat machine do the job...Haha.

wood_22_chuck, the flex pro free stringing coupon, that is another story. :D

justin2net, I use BG85 23M25X and 99% of the time the breakage is always in the sweet spot and on the main string. The one time I mishit and broke the string was aroung the 2 o'clock. So I doubt if the 23rd/24th X will help.

Pete LSD, Jackpot indeed..if the stringer did hit the jackpot. He would be oblige to give me his $10k Babolat machine.

9. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    :D Did you request the stringer to do 10% pre-stretch? :D To take out the slacks . . . Not sure if the racquet will survive . . . Oh, request the stringer to add 10% tie-off tension and stop the guy from using awls ;).

Let's look at the issue another way. You get more string for your money: namely, the two extra cross strings and the free re-string :D :D :D. Man, you are a lucky dude.

10. justin2net

justin2net Regular Member

its a cp racquet: model number ends w/ cp.