Sun Jun vs Peter Gade

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Zhi, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Zhi

Zhi Regular Member

Student
    Judging by their win/loss records between these two, what gave Sun Jun the edge over Peter Gade?
    No current players have even come close to having such a good record against Peter.

2. happy guy

happy guy Guest

i have several matches of Sun Jun....Sun Jun vs Peter G, Sun Jun vs Fung P, and Sun Jun vs Peter R. and what i notice about Sun Jun is, he is mentally strong, so he defiantly have a metal edge over his opponent. other good attribute is his defense, incredible touch against smash which give him quality return against attach shot. also, he hardly make any mistake, his opponent have to earn the point they get, Sun Jun would not simply give away his point.

i think, what give Peter G problem against Sun Jun is Sun Jun diversity...able to change tactic in the middle of the game, Sun Jun consistancy, and able to return Peter G winning smash with quality.

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

that sums it up!

I think the present day players dont have the Mental strength! The Coaching philosophy has changed! The chinese factory does not give a @!#$ abt all This! They just want their players to blow themselves of the court1 I think we are going to see More Burnouts and wastage of talent!

It is so Irritating! IBF and their rules Just make the game worse than More interesting! We might never see comeback matches!Last decent come back match was Hong Vs Hashim at the all England!

4. mbelinda

mbelinda Guest

Re: that sums it up!

sure do...

5. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Yes but you see

China only really wants it's top players to last two or three years, then they want to push forward their new bunch :p

Remember the comments about Sun Jun and Dong Jiong lasting too long and inhibiting the development of Ji and Xia? Then they were pushing to retire Ji so that Bao and Lin Dan can develop, so say max five years a player? That should be roughly the burn out time, then they can go play for other countries and earn some money :p