Looking to buy a raquet

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by RuskiStryker, Jul 8, 2005.

1. RuskiStryker

RuskiStryker Regular Member

I am looking for a good badminton raquet advanced-professional, in the up to $100 dollars range. What would be a good choice? I want one durable, powerful, sturdy, etc... all that a good raquet need to be.

2. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    What is your level of play? Explain your playing style to us. :p

3. RuskiStryker

RuskiStryker Regular Member

I think I play alright, I'm no proffessional, however I am looking for a raquest in advanced - maybe proffessional area. I want a raquet with power, and one thats light enough to do wrist tricks with. I don't know the difference if it should be flexible or not, so, I dunno about that part. That's basically all my criteria. Anything extra that would help would be nice. It is just that I only recently got into the technical part of badminton, and so I am kinda a newbie at that.

4. pb_aznstyle

pb_aznstyle Regular Member

If you just began to be technical in badminton then you should get a slightly flexible racquet for they will seem more powerful(easier to use). If you want a light racquet but power you should try a lower end armortec by yonex(300 or 500) since they are head heavy for power but very light overall. Also, many pros still use classic racquets one might classify as beginner racquets. If all goes down to personal preference in the end. If you had to say some charachteristic of an advanced racuqet then i guess it would be that they are stiffer. That is not becuase pros want power, it's because pros have the proper developes technique and muscles to obtain power from a stiff shaft and use the stiffness for control. If you were to choose a stiff racquet though, because you are only BEGINNING to be technical, i believe a stiff racqet would seem annoying and hard to obatin power from to you. Stiff racquets are harder to get used to.

5. SomeDudeInBlue

SomeDudeInBlue Regular Member

Student
    I would suggest a Yonex Ti-7. It's best for beginers all the way to advanced players. It should be around 50USD? No idea. But gotta be cheaper than the Ti-10 (priced around 110USD+?). The Ti-7 is rare though :/ The new ones are red, which makes it looks cool and similar to the Ti-10 paint job (I own the old Ti-7, it's blue instead of red). Ti-7 is light to me. It's good for doubles and singles. The frame is Isotmetric (spelling?) which has a bigger area.

6. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Light? Professional? Wrist Flicks? Armortec 800 defensive 4U should do the trick :p