Hello World... ...Badminton Word

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by RuskiStryker, Jul 9, 2005.

1. RuskiStryker

RuskiStryker Regular Member

Hi, I am RuskiStryker, and I love badminton. I live in the USA but was born in Russia. I have been playing only for a few weeks during the summer over the course of many years. I have just played with friends, and never took it seriously. All I knew was that there is a badminton raquet, a birdie (shuttlecock), and a net. I only occasionally played games, usually it was just for fun, no score. Over that time I learned new skills, and always dominated at just-for-fun games. Recently, realizing the need to become good at a one man sport, where I could just come and go and play with anybody, no need for teams etc, I thought why not badminton, and I began to peer into the technical aspect of the sport. So I decided to start off with buying a good raquet, to get me into it (I am still looking by the way), and I started looking at how real players play the sport. I did a little research on the web, and discovered that www.badmintoncentral.com was the most sophisticated badminton website on the net. I hope soon to be a good badminton player, and am currently looking for competition. :D

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome on board RuskiStryker! :D Always glad to have one more. Let us know how you progress.

-dave

3. ErrBerr

ErrBerr Regular Member

Student
    Hey RuskiStryker! How are ya? Welcome to BadmintonCentral! Its always good to have a new recruit! If you need help finding that racquet that's for you.. the guys here will probably find one that'll best fit ya. But hey.. enjoy your stay.. hope you find what you need to improve your game play and hope to see you around the place.. ! :D

- Alby :rolleyes: vbmenu_register("postmenu_262246", true);

4. Lin Dan-Fan

Lin Dan-Fan Regular Member

Welcome RuskiStryker, i think you have the coolest name ever too

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Welcome. Hows everything doing there for you?