world championship draw

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by belfastnole2, Jul 10, 2005.

1. belfastnole2

belfastnole2 Regular Member

anyone know when the world championship draw will take place?
    in ms in particular i believe it will be crucial in deciding the outcome
    will lin dan/peter gade/taufik hidayat be in the same half?

contender - most dangerous opponent?
    lin dan - taufik
    taufik - bao
    peter g - lin
    chen hong - taufik
    lee chong wei - chen hong
    bao - lee chong wei

#1 belfastnole2, Jul 10, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2005
  2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i will tell you after tonight's Lin Dan vs. LeeCW final. ;)

somehow i am not really considering Bao to be a contender to the crown, i don't see that he has the mental consistency to make it all the way to the end.

3. belfastnole2

belfastnole2 Regular Member

many contenders have their concerns on temperment -even lin dan who perhaps will remember his 1st round defeat in the other `major` - if gade gets close will his old mental frailities return -surely taufik will be motivated for WC, but will he be fit? will lee chong wei`s comparative lack of experience overseas count against him? -i think that at his absolute best bao can challenge but his lack of consistency is there for everyone to see in international tournaments
    can`t wait !:)

4. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    My thinking

There are so many uncertainties for WC especially for MS and Peter Gade put it in the best perspective way:
    Top rated players : Taufik and Lin Dan;
    Second rated players : Peter Gade, Lee Chong Wei, Kenneth Jonassen, Chen Hong, Boa Chunlai.
    So why Taufik and Lin Dan didn't win the Malaysia Open? The good lesson for Lin Dan and Taufik to learn from the defeat is:
    Best player doesn't always win rather player that plays best does.
    So Lin Dan and Taufik should not complian or find any excuse for not playing well, just accept the defeat and work harder as top rated players still have higher probability to win compare to second rated ones.

5. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

just wondering how far can tony gunawan &howrad bach go during the world champ
    still remember how home crowed supporting them during the final match 2004 us open

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

IMO, "home crowd support" is key also...and all i know is that when the Indonesian team arrives here in L.A., they'll definitely have plenty, and i mean plenty of Indonesian supporters...Eventhough they'll be playing in a foreign country, I'm sure Taufik and co. will feel like "home", playing in L.A...

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

it depends IMO, what draw they get..if they are in a good half of the draw and doesn't match up against any top Indo MD pairs early(Sigit/Candra or Alven/Luluk), they could actually helped the Indos...I would tend to see them as the "5th Indo pair" or an extra Indo pair..
    I'm sure they(Tony and Howard) are practicing and preparing themselves for the WC..