fake MP100 from Taiwan

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by StealthVenom, Jul 10, 2005.

1. StealthVenom

StealthVenom Regular Member

Is it true that an MP100 from taiwan is better quality than the fron from China? I recently was offered a MP100 that is not genuine that is made in taiwan, with BG-65 @ ~23lbs for about $80USD. After shipping about $95-$100USD. Do you think its worth purchasing?

2. ZhouDongKia

ZhouDongKia Regular Member

I think u can get a authentic MP99 around 100USD . why not?

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    A fake is a fake, means there's NO standard. If u r lucky, u might get a useable racket, if not, it can break into pieces after 10 min.

For US$100, u can get a decent Yonex racket (i.e. Cab30ms), or a decent non-Yonex racket from a less known manufacture (but also reputable). All of those give u warranty, and decent quality and performance.

The cost to produce a crappy fake could be no more than US$5. Therefore, US$100 for a fake is absolutely rip off. :mad:

4. StealthVenom

Yeah, I agree with you. What is another good company/model except yonex that is about $100? I am a intermediate player who can do both I guess, finess and also a heavy smasher!! ;)

5. StealthVenom

Also, where is a good place to buy a racquet, cause here in Victoria, B.C, CANADA it is very expensive for the Yonex Carbonex 30 (approx. $185). If anyone can help me find one, I would really appreicate it. I really miss playing badminton since my racquet snapped last week :( . Help a bad. bro out :crying:

6. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Carlton Airblades and Powerblades should be less than $100 dollars and you can see a lot of top English players are using them.

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Yonex is overpriced due to market force. Carlton is a good alternative choice. I have been using my Carlton Aerogear and learning to love it.

8. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

I agree that Yonex is very overpricecd. I think APACS is a very good brand and I've
    been using their rackets for almost 6 months, they are really good rackets even
    though they are massivly cheaper than Yonex.

NP

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    If you can take a ferry and go to Vancouver for a day, you can go to Tad's Sporting Goods. They are a Yonex authorized dealer. Give them a call if you want to visit their store to check the racket out if they do have it.

Here is their location.

8570 Granville St.
    (604) 261-6540.

matt

#9 Matt, Jul 12, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  10. other

other Regular Member

Student
    let's say this:

I offer you a porsche boxster that was made by my very nerdy university friends as part of their degree with $10,000 budget. I will sell it to you for $27,000 :)

made in london which is assure you is better than paris (although neither place has quality control for university student made cars)

A real one costs $43,800 from Porsche USA.

Do you think its worth buying it?:)

or maybe buy another model from a reputable company:) (as has been suggested) ;)

#10 other, Jul 12, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  11. Daylightkiller

Daylightkiller Regular Member

Student
    Yep i think carltons are a very good alternative, u can get top of the line models for less than $100 dollars if you don't buy them in the uk.

12. White_trash

White_trash Regular Member

Do you guys build cars in your universities? :eek: :)

13. StealthVenom

I guess for now, im going to setting for a cheaper racquet. I really do enjoy playing badminton, and wish I could afford a better racquet. But being born poor is also a sin I guess.

For now im getting a deal for the Wilson V-6. Which seems like a decent racquet from reviews. Only $20 brand new. Lets give it a try and see. If it doesnt workout, there is always......wait, it has to workout... I have no option :confused: